Sherman not sure why he was fired

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would laugh if SHerman went to Detroit or Minnesota and dominated the Pack for the next three years Now that would be funny

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
I would laugh if SHerman went to Detroit or Minnesota and dominated the Pack for the next three years Now that would be funny

Personally I wouldn't find that funny, I'd find it quite infuriating, but hey, to each his own.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Noticed the online poll on whether Mike should have been fired, 40,000 votes and split down the middle at almost 50 %. Good Piece, thanks TOPackerFan.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummmm....his inability to get talented teams over "the hump"?

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding...we have a winner!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman asked him for the reason. TT said it wasn't this season. Said he has done a good job with the team.

C'mon TT...... grow a ****. You don't have to air dirty laundry, but you at least owe it to the guy to give him a reason. Even if it's just because he has a wide ***(that one was for you Pack66).

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
In a news conference this morning at Lambeau Field, Mike Sherman said that he doesn't know for sure why he was fired as coach of the Green Bay Packers but that he was "honored to have coached this great franchise and to be a part of its history."

He had special thanks for Packers fans. "Your love for this team has been an inspiration to me," he said. "You are the Green Bay Packers."

Sherman said general manager Ted Thompson, who fired him Monday morning at the end of a 4-12 season, did not give him any specific reasons. "I asked him for that," Sherman said, but Thompson only said it was "time to make a change."

Sherman said later in the 30-minute news conference that Thompson probably just "wanted his own guy."

"I never came into this business thinking anything is fair," Sherman said. "I've accepted this as a challenge."

Asked if he wanted to coach again, Sherman said, "Oh, yes." But he said he needed to take some time to think about his future.

Sherman said the standing ovation that players gave him before a meeting with them Monday morning was "a moment I'll never forget for the rest of my life."

He said he had not talked to Brett Favre since being fired but planned to visit him in Mississippi next month. "I told him to get the two-seated tractor out," Sherman said.
Packers to interview Chargers' Wade Phillips
Add Wade Phillips to the growing list of names general manager Thompson plans to interview for the Green Bay Packers vacant head coaching job, an NFL source said today.

Phillips, the defensive coordinator with the San Diego Chargers, has been in the NFL for 29 seasons, including head coaching jobs with the Denver Broncos, Buffalo Bills and Atlanta Falcons (interim coach). He also has been defensive coordinator in Atlanta, Buffalo, Denver, Philadelphia and New Orleans.

He is the son of longtime NFL coach Bum Phillips, whom Thompson played for in Houston in the 1970s.

As reported earlier, the Packers also want to interview Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress; Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera; Cowboys assistant head coach Sean Payton; Browns offensive coordinator Maurice Carthon and Steelers assistants Ken Whisenhunt and Russ Grimm.

-Tom Silverstein

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he deserved a good reason why they fired him and I think they should be more honest with Brett on whats going on in the organization to...its just so unfair in my eyes. Brett is the Green Bay Packers!!!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
I think he deserved a good reason why they fired him and I think they should be more honest with Brett on whats going on in the organization to...its just so unfair in my eyes. Brett is the Green Bay Packers!!!!!

What proof do you have that they are not being honest with Brett?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
I dont have any proof, just what I have read it was by Cris Collinsworth ..

Ahh you should have said 'Cris Collinsworth' earlier then I'd know to dismiss it right away ;)

again, sorry but he's a moron... i used to feel sorry for the guy when he was on FOX pregame show when everyone gave him crap ... atleast that was until i realized what a moron he was.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do have to say that after watching Mike Sherman's press conference, he is a man of great integrity and class! I hope he catches on with someone (outside the NFC North) and does well.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The title of this thread is misleading. Sherman said that Thompson did not give him a SPECIFIC reason. Thompson did tell him, however, that he wants the team to go in a different direction. Sherman said he understands that most GM's want to have their own choice for head coach, instead of someone else's choice.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then he must want a different QB to? Is he telling Brett that hes going in another direction to? Brett made it pretty clear that if Sherman was fired he was gone to...maybe this was a good way to get rid of Favre as well...TT would have let Favre go cause all the fans and Green Bay would be after him in my viewpoint...

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In response to heatherpackgirl,

On most Packer forums the general consensus seems to be what you said and that is TT doesn't give a damb about Brett because he is building for the future. There are threads on that here too but I think you might have missed them. :wink:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Winnipegpackfan!!! I will go and search for them....

How can you not give a damb about Brett? Look what hes done for the Packers and the NFL...and look what he still can do,,,TT dont know what hes doing...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya know, i cant wait till brett speaks, and he says something like "ted asked me back" and that throws all your idiot theories of "TT forcing brett out" right out the window.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you could be right Tromadz whose to say whats going to happen...but it just looks as if TT is forcing Brett out...that would be great news if Brett said he was asked back by TT....

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man I hope your right trom so I can eat my words big time but it's not just me saying this. This opinion is not only on Packer forums everywhere right now, but also in articles on the Pack.

Again, I hope to eat my words but I find it just a little strange that so many people all of a sudden gave the same vibes on Ted and his agenda for there not to be any hint of truth to it.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Steve Young had something to say on this too but I will not comment because I have not read that one yet. I have read many posts on other forums regarding this subject though so unless it's mass hysteria, something is up.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its mass hysteria. It only takes a couple TT-haters, and a couple articles by worthless globs of flesh like cris collinsworth to create mass hysteria.

Members online

Latest posts