SHERMAN FIRED!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yooperfan..........i know what you mean about Rodgers only having a few snaps so far. But what i meant was, Favre showed the ability to elude tackles right from the start. He NEVER was the "statue" in the pocket that Rodgers has been, the little that i have seen him. I'm not saying he can't change, but it seems that either you have that ability, or you don't. Kerry Collins, Drew Bledsoe, guys like that, never have the elusiveness that some other QB's have. Favre is not fast, but seems to have the ability to duck, or juke at the right second to avoid a sack. I haven't seen that, SO FAR in Rodgers. Again, it's true he hasn't been in there alot. Maybe he can develope that.........or he's gonna get CREAMED! Our O-line was not what it was after we lost the 2 great guys.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget that Sherman sold TT on drafting Collins. The best part of TT's year as GM was his draft, but his best draft pick (Collins) came from Sherman.

Interesting. I didn't know that.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
Don't forget that Sherman sold TT on drafting Collins. The best part of TT's year as GM was his draft, but his best draft pick (Collins) came from Sherman.

Interesting. I didn't know that.

I don't want to knock Sherman, but where's the proof of this? This guy was known to be good even the Ravens called the Packers to say congrats on him because they were gonna take him.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
honestly, the nick collins pick was a bad one. Nick turned out to be good and is one of my fave players, but there were better(at the time) people, and most people were shocked at mike shermans playcalling...er...draft choice(apparently) of collins. I am glad it worked out though.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Yooperfan..........i know what you mean about Rodgers only having a few snaps so far. But what i meant was, Favre showed the ability to elude tackles right from the start. He NEVER was the "statue" in the pocket that Rodgers has been, the little that i have seen him. I'm not saying he can't change, but it seems that either you have that ability, or you don't. Kerry Collins, Drew Bledsoe, guys like that, never have the elusiveness that some other QB's have. Favre is not fast, but seems to have the ability to duck, or juke at the right second to avoid a sack. I haven't seen that, SO FAR in Rodgers. Again, it's true he hasn't been in there alot. Maybe he can develope that.........or he's gonna get CREAMED! Our O-line was not what it was after we lost the 2 great guys.
Brett Favre and Fran Tarkenton were the most elusive QB's that I have seen in my lifetime. This type of true QB does not come around very often.
I believe that from what little I have seen of him and I did get to see him live in the pre-season at Lambeau that he is a better mover than most starting QB's in the league.
I believe we are about to find out if I am correct, he will probably be our QB next year.
I think that if TT does not dip into free agency to upgrade the O-line, who ever the QB is will be running for his life.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your right on that Yooper! If Brett wasn't so elusive, he would have got KILLED this past season!
Tarkenton used to drive me CRAZY when he played for the Vikings! I'd think "They got him!" and someway, he would get away! He was under rated i think, didn't get the accolades he deserved.
You have guys like Vick today, who can run, but he's not that good of a passer like Tarkenton was.......at least SO far.

ILOVETHEPACK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fellow packer fans I am new here but new to the pack fan base, I have been a fan for ober 30 years, remember ala Brett coming in for the Magic man how did he look? ask yourself that question and then rate Rodgers. I agree you either have it or you do not, I think that the kid is going to be just OK if I am wrong I will apologize and admit to it. I think that Mr. Bates should be the next coach and it should be announced tommorow so that not only I can sleep but the rest of the PACKER nation. He is for sure the most qualified man being interviewed(In my opinion)Love this site I will be here often.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
ILOVETHEPACK said:
Fellow packer fans I am new here but new to the pack fan base, I have been a fan for ober 30 years, remember ala Brett coming in for the Magic man how did he look? ask yourself that question and then rate Rodgers. I agree you either have it or you do not, I think that the kid is going to be just OK if I am wrong I will apologize and admit to it. I think that Mr. Bates should be the next coach and it should be announced tommorow so that not only I can sleep but the rest of the PACKER nation. He is for sure the most qualified man being interviewed(In my opinion)Love this site I will be here often.

I agree. I think Rodgers will be okay if not better. He comes off to me as someone who has a good head on his shoulders. I liked how he took the entire OL out to lunch a few times. lol

btw you don't have to apologize for having an opinion :) This isn't a vikings forum :p :p :p :p take that viking fans hahaha j/k

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts