Sherman Conf?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Screw Slowik...

I want Rossley fired.... T-O-D-A-Y ! ! ! !

Sorry, guess I'm a bit fired up with the way the Steeler's fans got me goin' over the weekend... what a hoot!
Rossley needs to be put out to pasture... and I don't mean "to stud" either....! The only way the Offensicve Scheme will become invigorated is with that happening. Otherwise, remember the Chargers ending this last season - get used to it!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts on the press conference was I think Sherman was understandably hurt some, but still proud to be with the Packers. He takes a lot of abuse from some fans for not winning a Super Bowl, but I still like his integrity and work ethic. Not many coaches in the league have won more than him. I'm glad he's the Packers coach, but I hope he replaces Slowik. I also liked his comments below:

"I've never resigned from anything in my life. I'm not about to do it over this. I still have the best job in the National Football League," Sherman said.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He said nothing! He can work with Thompson and he is still evaluating his staff. I don't think he has the guts to fire Slowik !
I listened to thirty minutes of it and this is exactly what i heard also. He sounded upset about the G.M. demotion but why should he be upset, there not taking any of his 3 million dollar contract.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if he is going to get any of the top coaches,he needs to act fast! But,I think he will stay with what he has.Why would anyone want to come here for only a year?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
eastcoastpacker said:
if he is going to get any of the top coaches,he needs to act fast! But,I think he will stay with what he has.Why would anyone want to come here for only a year?

Jim Bates would. Follow me if you will please.

Bates took over as coach for the Dolphins, interviewed for the job, it was given to Saban. Saban wanted Bates to stay on as DC, Bates said it would be too hard to go from HC back to DC and elected to leave. Now if he comes to GB as the DC for say Shermans one year, he gets his chance to prove himself if he does a superb job with our defense (that is if he feels tha confident and we all know how ego manic coachs can be) It could entice him even MORE so to come to the most storied franchise in the NFL.

Make sense or am I blowing smoke outta my butt at work again? LoL

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting point Slick. Hope your right. Sherman did mention that he knows of a number of coaches that would love to come to GB if asked. Like you guys have mentioned, he better not wait long before pulling the trigger or all the good ones will be taken.

Steamed Turtle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't seem mad about his demotion at all, he sounded ready and willing to do his job as well as he can. Sherman's a good guy, not always the smartest, but good.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
eastcoastpacker said:

Jim Bates would. Follow me if you will please.

Bates took over as coach for the Dolphins, interviewed for the job, it was given to Saban. Saban wanted Bates to stay on as DC, Bates said it would be too hard to go from HC back to DC and elected to leave. Now if he comes to GB as the DC for say Shermans one year, he gets his chance to prove himself if he does a superb job with our defense (that is if he feels tha confident and we all know how ego manic coachs can be) It could entice him even MORE so to come to the most storied franchise in the NFL.

Make sense or am I blowing smoke outta my butt at work again? LoL

So far this doesn't look like I was blowing smoke out of my butt :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts