shayne skov

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way Skov is a second round talent. Although I don´t like Borland that much I would prefer him over Skov.
Acme packers blog disagrees with you, saying he could be selected late 2nd rd. would you care for the link?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"If I were judging Skov on his tape alone, I would peg him as a high second round player. That said, a player's tape, while certainly the most important element in his evaluation, doesn't exist in a vacuum. The slow 40 yard dash time and ACL injury that he suffered is likely effecting his draft stock and most outlets I looked at pegged him as somewhere between a 3rd and 5th round selection. However, I have a feeling that some team will fall in love with what they see on tape and his productivity enough to take him somewhere in the late second round or very early. Could that team be the Packers?"
http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...06/2014-nfl-draft-shayne-skov-scouting-report

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Skov is not often used in coverage with Stanford. He just isn't quick enough to stay with many running backs, which could somewhat limit his stock in the NFL." If you would like a link to this, I can grab it for you. Then, if you need a link to how important coverage skills are at ILB, I'm sure YOU can find that. No way I'm picking him any higher than round 4 or with our 3rd round comp. I think he might even be better off adding some weight and playing 3-4 OLB. Not elephant, true OLB. Way too much to handle coverage wise for him to succeed in our scheme at ILB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

A range of 5 rounds sounds like they don't have a clue. But that's just my opinion, as we heard yours.

It´s probably one of most honest prediction though as nobody has any idea about what is going to happen in the draft.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It´s probably one of most honest prediction though as nobody has any idea about what is going to happen in the draft.

You would be surprised. Sometimes beat writers can accurately tell you who the teams are targeting. I had one tell me ponder was who the Vikings desperately wanted, he had left covering them to do national stuff but still had a good pulse on the team 2 weeks before the draft. He went through saying why they didn't like the other QBs. You could tell it wasn't a shot in the dark guess. He used to live in Madison so I would get drinks with him on occasion.

I think this draft is somewhat weak at the depth of middle linebacker so that's one reason I doubt you have him or Borland last til the 7th. Well see soon enough.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Skov had a coudn't 40 under 5 at his pro day. I didn't like him before that, so that took him off my board completely. He's a 2 down 43 WLB. Like a REALLY slow Hawk. He's a 3rd if he's lucky, "that guy" is being phased out of the NFL

D

Deleted member 6794

You would be surprised. Sometimes beat writers can accurately tell you who the teams are targeting. I had one tell me ponder was who the Vikings desperately wanted, he had left covering them to do national stuff but still had a good pulse on the team 2 weeks before the draft. He went through saying why they didn't like the other QBs. You could tell it wasn't a shot in the dark guess. He used to live in Madison so I would get drinks with him on occasion.

Even beat writers are wrong most of the time and don´t have a clue about what a team is going to do in the draft.

I think this draft is somewhat weak at the depth of middle linebacker so that's one reason I doubt you have him or Borland last til the 7th. Well see soon enough.

I´m convinced neither Borland nor Skov will last even close to the seventh round, I was just coming up with some links you asked for. I would be surprised if Skov would be drafted in the second round though.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even beat writers are wrong most of the time and don´t have a clue about what a team is going to do in the draft.

I´m convinced neither Borland nor Skov will last even close to the seventh round, I was just coming up with some links you asked for. I would be surprised if Skov would be drafted in the second round though.

I never asked for a link from you. I asked you if you wanted the link.

I am aware of your distrust with anything reporters say, unless you post it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Sorry, misunderstood you.

I don´t distrust reports, I just have fun making up my own mind when it comes to the draft. Just like a lot of them I´m wrong most of the time.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It has nothing to do with reporters man. It's just looking at the numbers and the tape and voicing opinions if he could be our guy or not. I don't think he would be a good fit unless he was a very late pick and we converted him to OLB, having him add weight. Maybe practice squad for a year. Captain doesn't like him that early. HyponGrey thinks he's too old fashioned. You like him. It's all just opinions, we have no idea what's going to happen. That's why we're writing on a forum and not publishing articles.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, misunderstood you.

I don´t distrust reports, I just have fun making up my own mind when it comes to the draft. Just like a lot of them I´m wrong most of the time.

Anyone you thought was a can't miss star who never did anything in the nfl?

What about someone you thought would be great and got picked late and turned out to be great?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with reporters man. It's just looking at the numbers and the tape and voicing opinions if he could be our guy or not. I don't think he would be a good fit unless he was a very late pick and we converted him to OLB, having him add weight. Maybe practice squad for a year. Captain doesn't like him that early. HyponGrey thinks he's too old fashioned. You like him. It's all just opinions, we have no idea what's going to happen. That's why we're writing on a forum and not publishing articles.

Where did I say I liked him? I must have missed that.

Yes it's all opinions, and that's why I start the threads. Sometimes things get carried over from other threads, I'm sure you understand that happening.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean like everybody else?

Duh, yes like everyone else. Lol. How ridiculous.

I was asking for names of players out of curiosity, you're welcome to throw out names you hit or missed on too bud.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It gets repetitive to hear about the packers hits and misses over the past 5 years bc the subject has been hammered to death.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where did I say I liked him? I must have missed that.

Yes it's all opinions, and that's why I start the threads. Sometimes things get carried over from other threads, I'm sure you understand that happening.

I just assumed you did, because you seemed to be defending how early he should go. My bad.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jerron McMillion. :notworthy:
I remember really liking worthy out of mich state after watching him against Ohio state. He has done so little as a packer unfortunately I think he was a miss in my eyes.

Jj watt I thought would be amazing but predicting an 11th overall player being great isn't much to brag about.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember really liking worthy out of mich state after watching him against Ohio state. He has done so little as a packer unfortunately I think he was a miss in my eyes.

Jj watt I thought would be amazing but predicting an 11th overall player being great isn't much to brag about.

I liked Eric berry more than almost anyone in that entire draft, defensively. I live around the KC area, and there were a lot of people around here who didn't like the pick. I'm not even a chiefs fan, but I loved the pick. He's turned out pretty damn good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts