Sharper - No Love for TT

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree....he's allowed his opinion. My opinion is that, the classy thing to do would have been to keep that to himself.
But thats just my opinion.
I really don't care if he hates TT or not. Or if anyone else does, for that matter. I just choose to wait and see. After all really, thats the only choice we have. We are JUST fans. We have no control over any of it.
I don't mind that you choose to dislike TT Pyle. Thats your right as an American. Me, i just haven't made up my mind yet. I'll take the wait and see method before i judge.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
PREACH CHEESEY. PREACH

LOLOLOL!!! I'm not trying to preach.........i just can't see getting so worked up over something that we as fans have no control over. Do i want the Packers to win? Of COURSE i do! But in the end, ALL i can do is cheer them on, and stick by "my" team, no matter what happens. It's alot easier to be a fan when they are doing good of course.
And like i said........i would have thought more of Sharper if he had kept his comments to himself. Nothing good would come out of what he said, so why say it? It had to be only to take a slap at Teddy. The classy thing would have been to let it go, and not do what he did. But thats the choice he made, so be it. Now, i KNOW it won't happen, but it would be fun for Teddy to take a slap back at Sharper. But i know he wouldn't do that.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
You were a NFL player? NO, ****! HUGE difference. I don't remember YOU being interviewed.

Sometimes you can try to relate YOUR job to one of that in the NFL. This is drastically not one of them.

Dangum Zombies, geesh :p

Hey! This kind of language is completey uncalled for. I don't remember being rude to you. Why are you speaking to me like this? You need to grow up.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks, hate to break it to you, but there's nothing magical about being in the NFL. It's a job, just like any other job, but with more fame. With stock options nowadays, I can't even say the money in the NFL is better either.

The thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if half the people on this board played football at a high school level or higher. Some might have even played college. Maybe a few even played semi-pro.

If an NFL coach came up to you and showed you his game plan and some plays he's working on, if you played before, you'll know what he's talking about. If I walked up to the average NFL player and gave him some lines of code and told him to fix them because they're not compiling, he'll just give me a weird look. We kind of know their jobs better than they know ours in many cases, so that whole attitude that we don't know what it's like is asinine.

It goes like this - the fundamentals are all the same whether you played high school, college, semi-pro, or NFL. College players are bigger and faster than high school players. NFL players are bigger and faster than college players. It's not that much more complex than that.

You people who worship football players as if they're God-like are just plain stupid.

And don't give me the NFL is much more dangerous. Many of us still have injuries from high school or college play. I think anyone who's played football is aware of the dangers, so no need to get snooty about it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Zero2Cool said:
You were a NFL player? NO, ****! HUGE difference. I don't remember YOU being interviewed.

Sometimes you can try to relate YOUR job to one of that in the NFL. This is drastically not one of them.

Dangum Zombies, geesh :p

Hey! This kind of language is completey uncalled for. I don't remember being rude to you. Why are you speaking to me like this? You need to grow up.

Didn't notice the last line there eh? :)

"You need grow up" is an attack on my person implying I am not fully grown and I really do not appreciate it. You never met me, nor will you therefore saying something personal in an attacking way is uncalled for.

I will add you to the list of those who can not take a joke in hopes we do not have this issue again.

My apologies to you. I truly did not mean to offend you.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Zero - My apologies as well. I had no idea you were being sarcastic.

Not a problem bro. I wouldn't jump ya or anyone for that matter that blatantly. I'd just PM it to ya :p

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Folks, hate to break it to you, but there's nothing magical about being in the NFL. It's a job, just like any other job, but with more fame. With stock options nowadays, I can't even say the money in the NFL is better either.

The thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if half the people on this board played football at a high school level or higher. Some might have even played college. Maybe a few even played semi-pro.

If an NFL coach came up to you and showed you his game plan and some plays he's working on, if you played before, you'll know what he's talking about. If I walked up to the average NFL player and gave him some lines of code and told him to fix them because they're not compiling, he'll just give me a weird look. We kind of know their jobs better than they know ours in many cases, so that whole attitude that we don't know what it's like is asinine.

It goes like this - the fundamentals are all the same whether you played high school, college, semi-pro, or NFL. College players are bigger and faster than high school players. NFL players are bigger and faster than college players. It's not that much more complex than that.

You people who worship football players as if they're God-like are just plain stupid.

And don't give me the NFL is much more dangerous. Many of us still have injuries from high school or college play. I think anyone who's played football is aware of the dangers, so no need to get snooty about it.

This is a great post, and is entirely true. Football is football at any stage after pee-wee. It's not some rocket scientist stuff. They run the same plays as your high school team does. The difference is the terminology and perfection of every call. Case in point at my level we run a play called "Split Fred Right Max 352Z." At the pro level that may be called "Pro Max Red Fake X Fly, Y Out, Z Post" It's the same damn play with different terminology. It contains the route, formation, blocking assignment, etc.

Defense is the same way. There are only so many formations and schemes and it's near impossible for any new ones to be created because over numerous decades someone has dreamed up every possible scheme with 11 guys at a time.

I've been around it my whole life. I played, I coached, I read books, I got enamored with breaking down tape and I most important of all appreciate the game. It's an awesome game that will test your will and requires you to leave every bit of emotion you have on the field. You don't play football at half speed or you get killed.

Members online

Latest posts