Sharper finally hits a WR

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Vikings' Williamson catches a punch

A charity concert ended early Monday morning with Vikings receiver Troy Williamson taking a punch in the face, according to an organizer of the event.

Accounts vary about the circumstances of the incident, which occurred after the "Sharperpalooza" festival at the Myth nightclub in Maplewood. Williamson was not seriously injured and has declined to press charges, but the episode marked another negative turn to what has been a difficult second season for the former first-round draft choice.

The event, sponsored by Vikings safety Darren Sharper and headlined by hip-hop artist Ludacris, was held to benefit the United Way and the Minnesota AIDS Project.

Darren DeWalt, Sharper's marketing agent and one of the concert's planners, confirmed Williamson was hit without provocation by a Myth security guard.

Mark Naylon, head of security at the Myth, said Williamson had refused to leave at the 2 a.m. closing time and that video cameras failed to capture the exchange. Naylon said a man, presumed to be Williamson, complained of being hit but would not identify his assailant.

Vikings players had the day off Tuesday and Williamson could not be reached for comment. His agent, David Canter, referred questions to the Vikings, who declined comment. The episode came at the same time Eden Prairie police are investigating a woman's claim that an unidentified Vikings player assaulted her Nov. 21.

Williamson began the season as one of the Vikings' starting receivers, and he caught 10 passes for 179 yards in their first two games. Since then, however, Williamson unofficially has dropped an NFL-high 11 passes and has plummeted to the bottom of the depth chart.

He dropped the only pass thrown his way in Sunday's 31-26 victory over Arizona, and coach Brad Childress has not hidden his displeasure with the slump. Childress said Sunday he is carefully watching Williamson's reaction to his demotion.

"He's a first-round draft pick, the seventh pick in the [2005] draft," Childress said Monday. "You've got to be able to catch the football."

Williamson was among a large contingent of Vikings players who attended the Sharperpalooza event. According to DeWalt, Williamson was preparing to leave at about 1:30 a.m. with several friends when Myth security officials started getting rough.

"He was just trying to leave," said DeWalt, who met Tuesday with Myth management to discuss the incident. "I am very upset with the security there at the Myth. The security guards escalated the incident. There is never a time when a member of the security staff should be hitting people. This was a charity event that Darren Sharper put his heart and soul into. There was no ill intent from anyone who attended."

The Myth's security staff is comprised of members of the Ramsey County Sheriff's office but is paid by the owner of the nightclub. According to Naylon, a group of Vikings players was still sitting at the bar 20 minutes after the club's 2 a.m. closing time Monday morning.

Security officers began moving the group toward an alternate exit when tensions rose. Naylon, also the public information officer for the Ramsey County Sheriff, said: "One guy kept saying, 'I'm a pro athlete. Nobody treats me like this.' "

Naylon said he did not see any punches thrown. But once the group got outside, one player said he had been hit.

Naylon said the player would not provide his name, so he could not assume he was Williamson. "He kept saying, 'Look at my eye. Look at my face,' " Naylon said.

Security officials offered to call the sheriff's office, Naylon said. But the player said, 'No, we are out of here.' "

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Darren Sharper punching a fellow WR teamate? C'mon that's freakin hilarious!!

He didnt punch any one tho??
The security guard is the one that supposdly threw the punch..

Sharp was just hosting the event..

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bummer. I liked my theory better!! lol ... i read an exerpt on PFT.com that said Sharper punched him. I clicked the link they had an posted it. I didnt (obviously) read it at all lol

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
WILLIAMSON CAN CATCH . . . A PUNCH

It turns out that Vikings receiver Troy Williamson can catch. Not a football. A fist.

Williamson, the No. 7 pick in the 2005 draft, reportedly was punched in the face early Monday at a charity concert organized by teammate Darren Sharper at the "Myth" nightclub.

The incident, though likely not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things for a 5-6 team that has pretty much given up on Williamson for this season (and possibly beyond), suggests that the franchise still hasn't made a clean break from the embarrassing events of past seasons, which culminated in the Love Boat fiasco.

Meanwhile, police are still investigating allegations that a Vikings player assaulted a woman in his home on November 21. We've heard that the case involved a woman who wouldn't leave the player's residence, and who then got the Jazzy Jeff treatment from him and/or his friends.

Speculation has centered on Williamson and Fred Smoot, since both have been in the doghouse of late.

Of course, we're not reporting that it was either of those two guys. After all, Smoot got all indignant a year ago when he was tied to the misadventures on Lake Minnetonka, and even threatened to sue those who were dragged his good name through the mud.

You know, we never heard anything more about Smoot's planned to vindicate himself. Maybe it had something to do with that guilty plea for committing a lewd act with a multi-directional sex toy.

oops i read it wrong

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently this woman wouldn't leave a Viking player's house after a party when the other guests left, so she said she was pushed out the door.

Really, Favre should know when to leave a party!

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently this woman wouldn't leave a Viking player's house after a party when the other guests left, so she said she was pushed out the door.

:agree:

:rotflmao:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Well they have to BEAT him somehow, sure as hell didnt do it this year so far

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts