Shareholders Meeting comments by Ted Thompson

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
As became evident during the offseason, Thompson is a man with a plan. Green, Davenport and Gado are in many ways similar players. There’s not room on the roster for all three, so here’s guessing Thompson has a plan to solve this little dilemma.

Hmmm

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like our tight ends.

Bubba...cao do great things..

Donald Lee is coming up like oil in Iran(uh oh)

and David Martin....has the gifts...but that never pans out.

So it could be legit statements. or maybe TT is so new he doesnt realize yet that these guys fizzle out in week 4. hehehe

but hopefully bubba and martin can do well like they CAN do....and Lee continues to improve and be one of Favres favorites.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Wow..I thought this was interesting. I've never even considered our tight ends as being the strength of this ballclub. OK, either they've gotten a whole lot better, it's a complete smokescreen, or the rest of our team is not as good as it needs to be this year.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Brett also make a statement in one of his minicamp interviews about how good the TEs are this year?

Wonder if this is really true or if everyone is trying to drum up some trade interest in one of the three.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, given the depth we have at the position, and the fact that MM plans to rediscover the position MS forgot he had on the roster, then the TEs can certainly be the strongest group on the roster.

Money says Zac Alcorn wins the 3rd spot and sents perpetual tease/injury waiting to happen David Martin packing.

Then you have Humphrey who is also a legitimate contender. Hell, as it stands we are 4 - 5 deep. There is a reason for the accolades.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Well, given the depth we have at the position, and the fact that MM plans to rediscover the position MS forgot he had on the roster, then the TEs can certainly be the strongest group on the roster.

Money says Zac Alcorn wins the 3rd spot and sents perpetual tease/injury waiting to happen David Martin packing.

Then you have Humphrey who is also a legitimate contender. Hell, as it stands we are 4 - 5 deep. There is a reason for the accolades.
It's nice to see I'm not the only one around here that thinks Tyrone Davis, I mean David Martin is a waste of a roster spot. Humphries probably has the leg up for now on the 3rd spot if Tyrone should be cut, but I'm anxious to see Alcorn as well. Just so Ben hands of Steel isn't brought back, I'll be happy.

Members online

Latest posts