Share you 2009 Predictions (game by game)

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Just was musing on our schedule and figured I'd post my ruminations (some might say guesses) on our Wins and Losses game by game. Please share you own predictions.

Wk1 Chicago - W
Wk2 Cincinnatti - W
Wk3 @St. Louis - W
Wk4 @Minnesota - L (Home field advantage, gonna be close though)
Wk 5 Open Date
Wk6 Detroit - W
Wk7 Cleveland - W
Wk8 Minnesota - W
Wk9 @Tampa Bay - W
Wk10 Dallas - L (Demarcus Ware, Barber)
Wk11 San Francisco - W
Wk12 @Detroit - W
Wk13 Baltimore - W
Wk14 @Chicago - L
Wk15 @Pittsburgh - L
Wk16 Seattle - W
Wk17 @ Arizona - L

11-5 is my prediction

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can agree with that, but don't see us losing to the Cowboys. Not at home. I honestly think if we were to lose at home, it would be to the Ravens. I think it's in the range of 10-6 to 13-3. The games that will define it are Baltimore, Chicago and Minnesota at home. I doubt we will win from both MN and CHI at their home field, and from Pittsburg. And I also think we'll lose a game everybody expects us to win. Seattle is a game I'm wary. Detroit @ Detroit too. Tampa. And the Arizona game, depending on the situations both teams are. If we need that win, I think we'll make it.
-
Wk1 Chicago - W
Wk2 Cincinnatti - W
Wk3 @St. Louis - W
Wk4 @Minnesota - L
Wk 5 Open Date
Wk6 Detroit - W
Wk7 Cleveland - W
Wk8 Minnesota - W
Wk9 @Tampa Bay - W
Wk10 Dallas - W
Wk11 San Francisco - W
Wk12 @Detroit - L
Wk13 Baltimore - W
Wk14 @Chicago - W
Wk15 @Pittsburgh - L
Wk16 Seattle - W
Wk17 @ Arizona - L
12-4
I think the reason we lose to MN is because it's early in the season, and at their home. Favre will still have an arm by then. But I still think despite losing 2 times to us, Chicago ends up 2nd in the division, and with a wildcard spot. But, of course, all that is highly especulative.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Wk1 Chicago - W
Wk2 Cincinnatti - W
Wk3 @St. Louis - W
Wk4 @Minnesota - L
Wk 5 Open Date
Wk6 Detroit - W
Wk7 Cleveland - W
Wk8 Minnesota - W
Wk9 @Tampa Bay - W
Wk10 Dallas - L
Wk11 San Francisco - W
Wk12 @Detroit - W
Wk13 Baltimore - L
Wk14 @Chicago - L
Wk15 @Pittsburgh - L
Wk16 Seattle - W
Wk17 @ Arizona - L

10-6. Before you doubt the Arizona game, I think we accidentally gave them a hell of a lot of motivation last week.

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The only thing about Dallas, is we don't seem to play them very well and we lost to them last year. Granted we have a new D this year but, they seem to muscle us around. With Barber, Jones, and Choice... They can run the ball down our throats. Our LB are gonna have to play smash mouth football and GB really isn't known for that. If Romo is having a good day I can see us losing to them....AGAIN!!!

I hope we beat the Cowboys. I'm sick of having to listen to the "The Pack was Sent Packing" after a loss to them.

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
10-6. Before you doubt the Arizona game, I think we accidentally gave them a hell of a lot of motivation last week.

No, I don't doubt that, and why I have it down as a Loss unless they have the divison locked and are resting their starters. They seemed to really get hot near the end of the season last year as well.

lambeauharrier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wk1 Chicago - W
Wk2 Cincinnatti - W
Wk3 @St. Louis - W
Wk4 @Minnesota - L
Wk 5- bye
Wk6 Detroit - W
Wk7 Cleveland - W
Wk8 Minnesota - W (wooo!)
Wk9 @Tampa Bay - L (still have bad memories of last season)
Wk10 Dallas - L
Wk11 San Francisco - W
Wk12 @Detroit - W
Wk13 Baltimore - L (bad feeling)
Wk14 @Chicago - L
Wk15 @Pittsburgh - L
Wk16 Seattle - W
Wk17 @ Arizona - W

10-6 seems reasonable :)

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wk1 Chicago - W
Wk2 Cincinnatti - W
Wk3 @St. Louis - W
Wk4 @Minnesota - W
Wk5 Open Date
Wk6 Detroit - W
Wk7 Cleveland - W
Wk8 Minnesota - L
Wk9 @Tampa Bay - W
Wk10 Dallas - W
Wk11 San Francisco - W
Wk12 @Detroit - W
Wk13 Baltimore - L
Wk14 @Chicago - L
Wk15 @Pittsburgh - L
Wk16 Seattle - W
Wk17 @ Arizona - W

I'm going to jump out on a limb for a few of these games. I think we'll split with Minnesota, but by winning in the dome, and losing at Favre's homecoming game. I also think we can beat Dallas if we can generate the offense we have so far this preseason. Baltimore and Chicago towards the end of the season, I think we'll lose those games. Chicago always seems to keep it tough for us at the end of the season. Pittsburgh...loss, Arizona, I think we could win that because Matt Leinert will be starting by then (due to a Warner injury, or locking up their division early, or poor performance by Warner during the year). I'm going to go out on a limb again and predict that Mason Crosby will ding the upright, or shank one completely to lose a game this year. Even with all of that, I see 12-4 as possible.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I divide the season, like a game, into quarters. FIRST QTR: Chicago, Cincinnati, at St.Louis, at Minnesota. If the Packers are for real as a playoff team this year they should go at least 3-1 here. The Monday nighter at Minny will be the tough one. If they lose, it'll be because of the Metrodome and the other Vikings not Bratt Faver. SECOND QTR: Detroit, at Cleveland, Minnesota, at Tampa Bay. Coming out of their bye the Packers can really make some hay and help themselves migtily by sweeping this period. This includes the Favre return as a traitor to Lambeau; a game the Packers will not allow themselves to lose. Midseason record 7-1. THIRD QTR: Dallas, San Fran., at Detroit (Thanksgiving), Baltimore (MNF.) This quarter will be the one on which the division and playoff race turns. Three home games and a weak sister on the road present definite opportunity for the Pack. But there are potential pitfalls. Two of the home games bring in elite NFL teams and Thanksgiving history at Detroit has had more than one upset loss on the Green Bay record. The 49ers can't be taken for granted either. A 4-0 sweep gets the Packers to 11 wins, 3-1 puts them at 10. Those would be virtual locks on the playoffs and maybe the division as well. A 2-2 split puts the Pack in a scratch to the wire at 9-3 heading into the final month. FOURTH QTR: at Chicago, at Pittsburgh, Seattle, at Arizona. Soldier Field isn't a particularly impossible venue for the Packers to win in; as long as they don't find ways to beat themselves as they have in their last two trips there.The Steelers will be dealing with the "year after" a Super Bowl win. The Packers have dominated Seattle. The Cardinals may have incentive to play to win or may not; may or may not be having a great season by the time that game comes around. There's a lot of contingencies that make predicting the last quarter this far out impossible. Injuries. Motivations for the division or wild card, for a first round bye or home field for the postseason. The Packers could go 1-3 or 2-2. In either case it gets them to at least a 10-6 or 11-5 record on the season which should keep them playing in January.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wk1 Chicago - W
Wk2 Cincinnatti - W
Wk3 @St. Louis - W
Wk4 @Minnesota - W
Wk 5 Open Date
Wk6 Detroit - W
Wk7 Cleveland - W
Wk8 Minnesota - W
Wk9 @Tampa Bay - W
Wk10 Dallas - W
Wk11 San Francisco - W
Wk12 @Detroit - W
Wk13 Baltimore - W
Wk14 @Chicago - W
Wk15 @Pittsburgh - W
Wk16 Seattle - W
Wk17 @ Arizona - W

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wk1 Chicago - W
Wk2 Cincinnatti - W
Wk3 @St. Louis - W
Wk4 @Minnesota - W
Wk 5 Open Date
Wk6 Detroit - W
Wk7 Cleveland - W
Wk8 Minnesota - W
Wk9 @Tampa Bay - W
Wk10 Dallas - W
Wk11 San Francisco - W
Wk12 @Detroit - W
Wk13 Baltimore - W
Wk14 @Chicago - W
Wk15 @Pittsburgh - W
Wk16 Seattle - W
Wk17 @ Arizona - W

Wk1 Chicago - W
Wk2 Cincinnatti - W
Wk3 @St. Louis - W
Wk4 @Minnesota - W
Wk 5 Open Date -W, W & what da hell another W
Wk6 Detroit - W
Wk7 Cleveland - W
Wk8 Minnesota - W
Wk9 @Tampa Bay - W
Wk10 Dallas - W
Wk11 San Francisco - W
Wk12 @Detroit - W
Wk13 Baltimore - W
Wk14 @Chicago - W
Wk15 @Pittsburgh - W
Wk16 Seattle - W
Wk17 @ Arizona - W

I'll do ya one better dere hey IronMan & say da Green n Gold take a couple two, three wins in da bye week jus ta keep 'em legs fresh ya know.

First team ever wit 22 wins in a season. Go Pack GO!

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wk1 Chicago - W
Wk2 Cincinnatti - W
Wk3 @St. Louis - W
Wk4 @Minnesota - W
Wk5 Open Date
Wk6 Detroit - W
Wk7 Cleveland - W
Wk8 Minnesota - L
Wk9 @Tampa Bay - W
Wk10 Dallas - W
Wk11 San Francisco - L
Wk12 @Detroit - W
Wk13 Baltimore - L
Wk14 @Chicago - W
Wk15 @Pittsburgh - L
Wk16 Seattle - W
Wk17 @ Arizona - W

Guess that equals 12-4. The SF game could be a win, but just seems to be at a spot that feels like a loss to me. We could also lose one of the Chicago games, and the Arizona game. But unless injuries or something unforseen happens, I can't imagine the Packers with less than 9 wins this year.

Whoever takes the North this year won't win it by much.

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wk1 Chicago - W
Wk2 Cincinnatti - W
Wk3 @St. Louis - W
Wk4 @Minnesota -W
Wk 5 Open Date
Wk6 Detroit - W
Wk7 Cleveland - W
Wk8 Minnesota - W
Wk9 @Tampa Bay - W
Wk10 Dallas - L
Wk11 San Francisco - W
Wk12 @Detroit - W
Wk13 Baltimore - W
Wk14 @Chicago - W
Wk15 @Pittsburgh - L
Wk16 Seattle - W
Wk17 @ Arizona -L

13-3 Sounds good, but you never know.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wk1 Chicago - W
Wk2 Cincinnatti - W
Wk3 @St. Louis - W
Wk4 @Minnesota - L (I've learned as bad or as good as Minny may appear, they play us tough)
Wk 5 Open Date
Wk6 Detroit - W
Wk7 Cleveland - W
Wk8 Minnesota - W
Wk9 @Tampa Bay - W
Wk10 Dallas - W
Wk11 San Francisco - W
Wk12 @Detroit - W
Wk13 Baltimore - W
Wk14 @Chicago - W
Wk15 @Pittsburgh - L
Wk16 Seattle - W
Wk17 @ Arizona - W

14-2 is my prediction.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wk1 Chicago - W
Wk2 Cincinnatti - W
Wk3 @St. Louis - W
Wk4 @Minnesota - W
Wk 5 Open Date
Wk6 Detroit - W
Wk7 Cleveland - W
Wk8 Minnesota - W
Wk9 @Tampa Bay - W
Wk10 Dallas - W
Wk11 San Francisco - W
Wk12 @Detroit - W
Wk13 Baltimore - W
Wk14 @Chicago - W
Wk15 @Pittsburgh - W
Wk16 Seattle - W
Wk17 @ Arizona - W

Looks good from where im sitting :D

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to check how my prediction did...

Wk1 Chicago - W
Wk2 Cincinnatti - W
Wk3 @St. Louis - W
Wk4 @Minnesota - W
Wk5 Open Date
Wk6 Detroit - W
Wk7 Cleveland - W
Wk8 Minnesota - L
Wk9 @Tampa Bay - W
Wk10 Dallas - W
Wk11 San Francisco - W
Wk12 @Detroit - W
Wk13 Baltimore - L
Wk14 @Chicago - L
Wk15 @Pittsburgh - L
Wk16 Seattle - W
Wk17 @ Arizona - W

I'm going to jump out on a limb for a few of these games. I think we'll split with Minnesota, but by winning in the dome, and losing at Favre's homecoming game. I also think we can beat Dallas if we can generate the offense we have so far this preseason. Baltimore and Chicago towards the end of the season, I think we'll lose those games. Chicago always seems to keep it tough for us at the end of the season. Pittsburgh...loss, Arizona, I think we could win that because Matt Leinert will be starting by then (due to a Warner injury, or locking up their division early, or poor performance by Warner during the year). I'm going to go out on a limb again and predict that Mason Crosby will ding the upright, or shank one completely to lose a game this year. Even with all of that, I see 12-4 as possible.

Well, it's only fair that I dig up this post to see how I did with my predictions. Our overall record ended up at 11-5, I predicted 12-4. That's pretty close, however it was how we got to 11-5 that really ruined my prediction. I thought for sure we would win Cincinatti, Tampa Bay and the first Minnesota game at the beginning of the year, and I was convinced that we would lose to Chicago and Baltimore toward the end of the year. All of that was wrong! However, in my narrative I mentioned we could beat Dallas (we did). Pittsburgh was a loss (turned out to be a much closer game) and Arizona a win for the reasons I mentioned (Arizona pulled their starters). My Mason Crosby prediction also came true during the Pittsburgh game (that's the way I see it anyway).

So how did everyone else do? Time to fess up to your predictions!:eek:hmy:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wk1 Chicago - W
Wk2 Cincinnatti - W
Wk3 @St. Louis - W
Wk4 @Minnesota - L (I've learned as bad or as good as Minny may appear, they play us tough)
Wk 5 Open Date
Wk6 Detroit - W
Wk7 Cleveland - W
Wk8 Minnesota - W
Wk9 @Tampa Bay - W
Wk10 Dallas - W
Wk11 San Francisco - W
Wk12 @Detroit - W
Wk13 Baltimore - W
Wk14 @Chicago - W
Wk15 @Pittsburgh - L
Wk16 Seattle - W
Wk17 @ Arizona - W

14-2 is my prediction.

I blew my prediction, but I was hoodwinked once again by a complete Stosh in McCarthy. I didn't realize the O-line was a complete crapshoot, but that's my fault for buying into Mac's preseason hype machine.

However, I got two of the losses correct in terms of opponents.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts