Shane Lechler

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The punter from Oakland is a free-agent this year. He has been the best punter in the league since he was drafted by Oakland and would instantly solve GB's punting problems. Oakland can't franchise tag him, so he'll be fair game.

Any opinions?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A big improvement, for sure, BUT:
1. He'll demand to be the highest paid Punter in the league
2. There's a decent punter named Kevin Huber at the draft ( there may be better out there, I just don't know )
3. Al Davis loves physically gifted players, and Lechler has a huge leg, he may be re-signed
4. There's no way TT will pick him. I'm praying he pick ONE impact player in the FA, imagine if he would spent money on a punter, he couldn't even keep Ryan...

And not trying to smack Lechler, but he likes to boom the ball A LOT, which gives the returning team a lot of space...

But hey, he would be the best alternative for punter in 2009.

Rodgersfan1985

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For once in these forums jenningslongcatch i got to disagree with ya haha, I think jeremy kapinos should stay around with us for awhile he didnt look that bad last year and he will prolly be cheaper too

boisenjm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Kapinos shows potential and could def be our punter. I would like to bring in somebody (either somebody like Kevin Huber in the latter rounds of draft or some FA) to have a nice competition and definitely end up with a viable option at punter for next year.

greenbaypacker80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's get him. TT should pay whatever it costs, we are way under cap, we need a good punter and he is one of the best.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts