1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Shane Lechler

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NelsonsLongCatch, Feb 5, 2009.

1. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +844
    The punter from Oakland is a free-agent this year. He has been the best punter in the league since he was drafted by Oakland and would instantly solve GB's punting problems. Oakland can't franchise tag him, so he'll be fair game.

Any opinions?

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    A big improvement, for sure, BUT:
    1. He'll demand to be the highest paid Punter in the league
    2. There's a decent punter named Kevin Huber at the draft ( there may be better out there, I just don't know )
    3. Al Davis loves physically gifted players, and Lechler has a huge leg, he may be re-signed
    4. There's no way TT will pick him. I'm praying he pick ONE impact player in the FA, imagine if he would spent money on a punter, he couldn't even keep Ryan...

And not trying to smack Lechler, but he likes to boom the ball A LOT, which gives the returning team a lot of space...

But hey, he would be the best alternative for punter in 2009.

3. Rodgersfan1985

Rodgersfan1985 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    For once in these forums jenningslongcatch i got to disagree with ya haha, I think jeremy kapinos should stay around with us for awhile he didnt look that bad last year and he will prolly be cheaper too

4. boisenjm

boisenjm Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah Kapinos shows potential and could def be our punter. I would like to bring in somebody (either somebody like Kevin Huber in the latter rounds of draft or some FA) to have a nice competition and definitely end up with a viable option at punter for next year.

5. GJ85

GJ85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I say get somone in the draft to sure up the spot for years like we got with Crosby

6. greenbaypacker80

greenbaypacker80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Let's get him. TT should pay whatever it costs, we are way under cap, we need a good punter and he is one of the best.