OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
he's not a criminal.

See, this is where you're wrong. He is a criminal (convicted of mariuana possession and drunk driving - both of which are crimes). I'm sure KR is a good guy and I feel for anyone that suffers from alcoholism, but TT is making himself look more than a little silly with this signing given all of the crap he spouted about Packer People which is looking like nothing more than lip service (not that I ever believed it in the first place).

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
yooperfan said:
calicheesehead said:
We need his talent. Tell me which is worse: 1 player who has a history of drivng drunk or 70,000 fans leaving a Packers game smashed? This article is way to dramatic.

Now I find that overly dramatic.
70,000 fans leaving a Packer game smashed.
Sorry, that is a rash statement.

*****, calicheese!!! :lol:

and yooper - have you ever BEEN to a packer game?? as i recall, i've been purty darn tipsy at almost every game i've been to & trust me - i wasn't the only one!! :wink:

Yeah, I've been to somewhere between 40 and 50 Packer games and I have seen alot of REALLY bagged fans there.
I'm not denying people leave the stadium under the influence.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
bozz_2006 said:
he's not a criminal.

See, this is where you're wrong. He is a criminal (convicted of mariuana possession and drunk driving - both of which are crimes). I'm sure KR is a good guy and I feel for anyone that suffers from alcoholism, but TT is making himself look more than a little silly with this signing given all of the crap he spouted about Packer People which is looking like nothing more than lip service (not that I ever believed it in the first place).

I agree with what you said 100%. Ted is making himself look like a real jack-***. and you're right, he is a convicted criminal... what i meant was that i don't believe he's a bad person (boy that sounds gay). he's an addict, who does illegal things when he's drunk/high. i have no proof, but i bet he's a completely different guy when he's off the sauce. i hope he can get clean and stay clean.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
bozz_2006 said:
he's not a criminal.

Yeah but Possession of Marijuana is "just an addiction"

PLEASE!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
TOPackerFan said:
bozz_2006 said:
he's not a criminal.

Yeah but Possession of Marijuana is "just an addiction"

PLEASE!

what are you getting at? are you trying to say i'm naive or something? i don't get the point of your post.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I agree with you Bozz. Everyone will play it down now, but yet they would bash him if TT didn't sign him.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
No, I agree with you Bozz. Everyone will play it down now, but yet they would bash him if TT didn't sign him.

Similarly, I suppose someone could bash TT for signing Koren Robinson or would have bashed him if he would have chosen not to.

It was either going to be:

"Why in the hell would he sign an alcoholic for a receiver......."

OR

"Why in the hell didn't he sign him? Can't he see that Favre is lacking weapons on the offensive side of the ball?"

Looks like TT would be screwed either way, right?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
pyledriver80 said:

Similarly, I suppose someone could bash TT for signing Koren Robinson or would have bashed him if he would have chosen not to.

It was either going to be:

"Why in the hell would he sign an alcoholic for a receiver......."

OR

"Why in the hell didn't he sign him? Can't he see that Favre is lacking weapons on the offensive side of the ball?"

Looks like TT would be screwed either way, right?

No, I just stated 3 posts ago that I was GLAD TT FINALLY brought in another reciever though the timing is about a month to late.

You people are the ones that started the "Packer People" excuse and now it's blown up in your face and noone here is man enough to own up to it.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't lump me in with everybody when you don't know me. I never bought into this "Packer People" thing because the NFL has always been about winning. I want the Packers to win, that's all. Do I want convicted felons all over the roster? Of course not; however, I'm more interested in how the team does in terms of winning and losing. The personal stuff can go away as far as I care....I don't really care about this guy having a gun, or this guy smokes dope, etc. I'm a football fan and, more importantly, a Packer fan that wants them to win Super Bowls. I'll let the justice system take care of the rest. If a guy is bad enough, he should rot in prison and not be able to play a kid's game and get paid a king's ransom.

In my opinion, every team is the same on how they deal with players and their antics. Brad Childress is now getting the ship turned around in Minny and he's straightening things out, right? Well, one of the Love Boat leaders Bryant McKinnie just signed a huge extension.....

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Don't lump me in with everybody when you don't know me. I never bought into this "Packer People" thing because the NFL has always been about winning. I want the Packers to win, that's all. Do I want convicted felons all over the roster? Of course not; however, I'm more interested in how the team does in terms of winning and losing. The personal stuff can go away as far as I care....I don't really care about this guy having a gun, or this guy smokes dope, etc. I'm a football fan and, more importantly, a Packer fan that wants them to win Super Bowls. I'll let the justice system take care of the rest. If a guy is bad enough, he should rot in prison and not be able to play a kid's game and get paid a king's ransom.

In my opinion, every team is the same on how they deal with players and their antics. Brad Childress is now getting the ship turned around in Minny and he's straightening things out, right? Well, one of the Love Boat leaders Bryant McKinnie just signed a huge extension.....

Hallelujah ND. I am a Packers fan as well annd all I care about is WINNING. That's why I don't buy into the "too old" "too slow" "doesn't fit the system" "not packer people" crap.

Just put a damn winning product on the field. Everything I've seen from TT looks to me as if he is incapable of doing so. The people using excuses like "they are not Packer People" are only trying to mask TT's failures. As long as we have fans doing that we WILL NOT turn it around. When losing becomes acceptable it becomes commonplace. I'm sorry I'm so passionate and I can't just sit back and think "we'll get em next week'

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
People wanted a weapon and they get one. Just not the one they wanted. hmmm that tells you a little something. Robinson is a good player and isn't the only player that does what he does. He probably isn't the only Packer that does what he does. We'll see what happens. I assume he signed a multi year deal and won't get paid if he gets supspended.

I knew this was coming. Yeah we don't like the Robinson signing because we just want to "bash TT". Get Real, please.

I actually don't mind the Robinson signing. I don't even much care he is a drunk. The problem is if TT wanted to sign guys with PROBLEMS why didn't he go out and grab some of the others 2 months ago when they could have participated in camp and learned the offense.

I was told it was because they are "not Packer People." Now Koren is brought in and MY GOLLY THE TUNE SURE HAS CHANGED.........Now THAT tells you something.

This is TT covering up for another one of his blunders. Not pursuing a reciever in the offseason, other than the ones he cut, admitting his mistake, and trying to go into the year with 4 WR's, is just another slip-up made by the BRAIN behind the 26-0 debacle.

If Koren can help, good, but this isn't exactly the ideal way to approach a season. Maybe after week 10 TT will finally go after that OG we so desperately need. Oh Wait, they are not important

1st I'm not referring strictly to you. I'm referring to those who complain about the lack of weapons and when we sign one they still bash it. Don't act like there aren't people like that. It's not a perfect world. There are some and they lurk this forum.

2nd What the hell are Packer People? I never saw Ted Thompson even define it. Neither did McCarthy. So really what are they? Standup guys? I could care less if they sign Packer people or not. I just want guys who can get the job done and if Robinson can then I'm find with it. I hope they have the guts to at least get him the right help when he does get suspended for a year.

I don't mind the Robinson signing either. I question it. I think this might be Ted Thompson and the front office showing a little ego thinking they can fix the guy when 2 other teams can't. We'll see I guess.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson has made some strange moves, but this is the strangest. I think Cristl raises a legitimate question. This signing has the potential to blow up in the team's face in a big way.

Members online

Latest posts