Shades of Mike Sherman???

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack skip practice to play dodgeball

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Rodgers/Favre team wins dodgeball competition link here

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
lol nice but lots of teams playdodge ball its not a sherman copyright :p

Sherman began the Packer tradition of each training camp breaking with the routine and spending a half a day doing something for fun and team building: Bowling, dodgeball...

I am happy to see MM follow the tradition, but it was Sherman who made this an annual tradition in GB.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
That was a funny movie! I think it is good...loosens guys up and reenergizes them.

I don't think that the timing -- with the sudden uptick in camp fights is an accident either.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they were using nerf balls. Can you imagine Favre tagging you with one of those red kickballs to the side of the head.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes breaking from that rigid schedule and doing it when it's unexpected is something that can pull a team together. I'm sure by this time in camp, the team may need a diversion from their daily business. We'll see if it helps on Monday night.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
is it even fair to put favre and rodgers on the same team???

Sure......Favre to throw and Rodgers to hold the clipboard. :lol:

Seriously though, I thought the same thing. Can you imagine these guys licking their chops at a 350 lb lineman with no feet? Not that we have any of those :roll:

scharles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Having Favre and Rodgers on the same team isn't that big of an advantage, it's not like they're the only ones with arms. I'm sure a lot of the other guys can get it up there just as good as them, especially in dodgeball.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
scharles said:
Packnic said:

Having Favre and Rodgers on the same team isn't that big of an advantage, it's not like they're the only ones with arms. I'm sure a lot of the other guys can get it up there just as good as them, especially in dodgeball.

That is true, those guys have been throwing balls in practice all their life. I wouldn't want to get in the way of too many of them. Then again if I had a choice I would have Both #4 and #12 on my side, it couldn't hurt!

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, lecture time :D Dodgeball is one of the best games I play in my PE classes. Boys and girls. We use slo-mo balls and use about 8-10 at a time. These balls are another "mistake" by 3M....really soft and air filled with a straw. Favre himself couldn't throw one 100 feet. They just die in the air, but wobble and curve. Our gym is 110' long, so with 4-5th graders that's a pretty good throw.
There are many variations to the game, but in a nutshell, it teaches teamwork, thinking skills, and sportsmanship. The way I play it, nobody goes out of the game...you get hit in the legs you go "in prison" at the opposite end of the floor. You can get back in by catching a ball thrown by a teammate. Kids from 9 tp 99 love this game, and it's too bad that some schools have outlawed dodgeball.

HEY.....NO headshots!!!! :twisted:

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my high school PE class, we had these kickass nerf balls that had an insane curve to them. They made a whooshing sound when they went past your ear, and the sound they made hitting the bleachers was deafening. Take one of those curveballs to the sack, and you're done with gym class for a week.

Members online

Latest posts