**** Rexy getting one more shot with the Bears

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he stays healthy, I FULLY expect to be 6-10 next year...

I cant believe that they paid that much for him. Absolutely amazing.

Rex is our quarterback...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's bad for Rex because...ONE year? ONE year with NO weapons at that(Ok, they'll get a rookie WR).

He shoulda taken his chances in FA. I'm sure the Vikes woulda signed him, and they have some weapons.

I like Rex, I think he's solid, but nobody would ever notice it while he's on the Bears.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:

It's bad for Rex because...ONE year? ONE year with NO weapons at that(Ok, they'll get a rookie WR).

He shoulda taken his chances in FA. I'm sure the Vikes woulda signed him, and they have some weapons.

I like Rex, I think he's solid, but nobody would ever notice it while he's on the Bears.

I disagree with some of your analysis. I think that Rex is a good qb when not rushed. He has a good arm, and can throw the deep ball well. As you mentioned, the bears dont have weapons on Offense. (Vikings??? Have you seen their WR's?)

HOWEVER, my biggest dislike of Rex is how he handles the pass rush. He absolutely can not FEEL where the rush is coming from. He panics, steps back instead of up, etc. I dont believe that this instinct can be learned. He just does not have it.

That being said...signing him is probably the best thing that they could do now. THere isnt anything available in FA, and with their D and ST, maybe the O can get back to mediocrity and get the team back to the playoffs.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have I seen the vikes WRs? Yeah, but I've also seen their running game. That takes a lot of pressure off a QB.

Rex might not be able to handle the pass rush cuz the Oline in general is garbage. Yeah, he doesnt read things like Favre, Brady, or Manning, but he has like .9 seconds to throw every other pass play. That would rattle my nerves and my awareness too.

Its a smart move by the bears, with the lack of FA QBs, but thats exactly why it was dumb for Rex. Someone else woulda got taken to the cleaners(A lot of dumb GMs out there. Millen, I'm looking at you.).

They should sign some offensive linemen in free agency, and draft some as well.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like this perspective of the situation...

Grossman deal just a stopgap for Bears

"But the language of Grossman's contract includes enough incentive clauses to be a self-help book. Grossman won't just be playing for a bigger contract next season—as he was entering 2007. He could be playing simply to stay in the league."

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He could be playing simply to stay in the league."

That's bull.

(looks to see who wrote it)

Oh, Haugh. Makes sense.

My prediction: Grossman has a similar year as last year(without the benching), then is signed in FA the next year to a team that has no real QB. He will battle for the job and earn it, and have a solid year.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have I seen the vikes WRs? Yeah, but I've also seen their running game. That takes a lot of pressure off a QB.

Rex might not be able to handle the pass rush cuz the Oline in general is garbage. Yeah, he doesnt read things like Favre, Brady, or Manning, but he has like .9 seconds to throw every other pass play. That would rattle my nerves and my awareness too.

Its a smart move by the bears, with the lack of FA QBs, but thats exactly why it was dumb for Rex. Someone else woulda got taken to the cleaners(A lot of dumb GMs out there. Millen, I'm looking at you.).

Now I'm feeling ya! OLine should be 3 of their top 5 picks, IMO.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's bull.

(looks to see who wrote it)

Oh, Haugh. Makes sense.

My prediction: Grossman has a similar year as last year(without the benching), then is signed in FA the next year to a team that has no real QB. He will battle for the job and earn it, and have a solid year.

Did you even read the entire article?? :roll:

There is a fair debate about whether he ever will turn the corner. The opinion here remains he can—and will. But until he does, skepticism is appropriate.

Used to his critics, Grossman gets that. Part of that doubt drove him to take the Bears' offer, to prove everybody wrong, one day to enjoy the last laugh quietly.

If he plays next season as well as he expects, free agency again beckons. And Grossman will be laughing all the way to the bank.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Now I'm feeling ya! OLine should be 3 of their top 5 picks, IMO.

Should be fun to see, but that means it will take chicago 2 years to be serious contenders.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm sorry. :-?

Members online

Latest posts