Sergio Kindle

PackerChef

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is under contract by the Baltimore Ravens, so to answer your question no I do not think that we should trade for him, he has a wealth of problems and hasn't shown anything regarding professional level ability, maturity, or behavior.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's an exclusive rights free agent, which means he can either re-sign with Baltimore or quit football altogether. Only way we'd get him is if we traded for him, and he's not worth the risk. Two off the field incidents since being drafted, including getting popped for a DUI at twice the legal limit, plus a history of knee problems... Seems to me there's another potential candidate out there without health problems and with a clean background we could go after.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is under contract by the Baltimore Ravens, so to answer your question no I do not think that we should trade for him, he has a wealth of problems and hasn't shown anything regarding professional level ability, maturity, or behavior.

Actually he isn't under contract with the ravens. While they retain rights due to him being in the NFL less than 3 years. He signed a 1 year contract last October. I can post a link if you would like.

I think he might be worth offering a lower pick to the ravens for him. He is first round talent with FA issues.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually he isn't under contract with the ravens. While they retain rights due to him being in the NFL less than 3 years. He signed a 1 year contract last October. I can post a link if you would like.

I think he might be worth offering a lower pick to the ravens for him. He is first round talent with FA issues.

Right, but unless the Ravens choose to trade or release him, his only two options are to play for the Ravens or not play football at all.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, but unless the Ravens choose to trade or release him, his only two options are to play for the Ravens or not play football at all.

Thus why I suggested offering a low pick....

The ravens might be more interested in parting ways than continuing deal with this. But Ozzie is no fool.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suppose it's also possible for him to become an UFA if the CBA changes the years needed. Doubtful but with a rookie wage scale coming I don't think it's impossible.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the new CBA allowing for UFA eligibility for players with less than 3 years.

But, if we wanted to give a 6th or 7th, fine. Nothing higher though. He's proven to be too much of a liability.

PackerChef

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather have a 6th or 7th in TT's hands rather than kindle in the Green and Gold.

Gerard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how you think ivo.

I was really hoping Kindle would fall to us last year, and if we could get him for a reasonable draft pick I would bring him in...

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how you think ivo.

I was really hoping Kindle would fall to us last year, and if we could get him for a reasonable draft pick I would bring him in...

yeah I was upset we couldnt snag him in the 2nd. But looking back it was the right move I guess. Is the pick still a bust if they medically dont make it? Or do you just think of it as one of those things?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah I was upset we couldnt snag him in the 2nd. But looking back it was the right move I guess. Is the pick still a bust if they medically dont make it? Or do you just think of it as one of those things?
How do you feel about Justin Harrell?

I say it's like this:
If the guy is chronically injuried and can never play, he's a bust.
If the guy has a medical history and doesn't pan out due to injury, it's a bust.
But if the guys injuries himself once and can never overcome it, then it's one of those things, unless there was a player of the same position available who ended up panning out, then it's a bust. And it doesn't need to be one gruelsome injury that stops his career short. It can be something like Carson Palmer. Can you say he was a bust? Hell no, he had a couple of great seasons and seemed to be on his way to the upper echelon of qbs. But after he got hurt, he was never the same.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you feel about Justin Harrell?

I say it's like this:
If the guy is chronically injuried and can never play, he's a bust.
If the guy has a medical history and doesn't pan out due to injury, it's a bust.
But if the guys injuries himself once and can never overcome it, then it's one of those things, unless there was a player of the same position available who ended up panning out, then it's a bust. And it doesn't need to be one gruelsome injury that stops his career short. It can be something like Carson Palmer. Can you say he was a bust? Hell no, he had a couple of great seasons and seemed to be on his way to the upper echelon of qbs. But after he got hurt, he was never the same.

Harrell I feel had alot of potential and was just injury prone. Everyone who saw him said it showed why ted picked him. I didnt agree with the pick at the time (I honestly didnt know the name til I looked him up at the time). But I trust ted and if he felt their was talent then by all means I trust his judgement.

Harrell is a bust imo based on his history of injuries. Kindle might never recover from the fall, who knows.

liljohn5115

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Baltimore. From what I been hearing on the radio, John Harbaugh and the rest of the organization are willing to give him another chance and want to keep him in this LB Corp.

Members online

Latest posts