Sergio Kindle

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No thread on Kindle that I saw. This guy is projected to go somewhere around the middle of round 1 as of now. Thoughts anyone? I would not get upset if the Pack snatched him up

Read & React: A chase-down player who attacks and plays very well when free to roam. Excellent closing speed to the ball and strong reaction once a ballcarrier makes his move. Relies on his athleticism too much and his instincts are questionable. Will overrun plays and can be fooled by misdirection. Could improve his awareness by keeping eyes in the backfield when rushing the passer.

Run defense: Has the length and change-of-direction agility to hold the corner. Closes down the line well, and has improved his willingness to chase downfield. Must improve his ability to disengage from blocks of NFL-caliber tackles, or even tight ends, on the edge. Strong enough to hold his ground on run plays and stand up in the trash when fresh, but his lack of bulk causes him to tire quickly when playing every down. Will run around blocks at times. Athletic enough to avoid cuts but doesn't always use his hands well.

Pass defense: His speed and length stops receivers and backs in their tracks on screen passes to at least force them inside. Quick enough to stay with tight ends in the flat or down the seam. A step late catching bootlegs run toward him, and not quite smooth or agile enough to make up ground. Brings down receivers quickly when dropping into zone from linebacker spot. Needs work on route recognition. Knocks down passes on the line and in coverage using his long arms, but does not have great hands for the interception.

Tackling: Has very good closing speed. Difficult to avoid in space as he can break down and quickly change direction. Has the length to wrap up ballcarriers in the open field or shut down the edge after getting off outside blocks. Strong enough to arm-tackle backs and receivers. Proved more than capable on special teams early in his career because of his size and speed.

Pass Rush/Blitz: Owns prototypical height, length and speed for an elite pass rusher. Quick off the snap whether lined up with his hand down or standing up. Explodes into quarterback. Can turn the corner and square to the quarterback quickly. Flashes a bull rush against tackles, but does not get off straight-on blocks to get secondary pressure. Stops his rush effort after initial contact.
Gets picked up by running backs too easily, tries to dance around them instead of attacking.

Intangibles: Nagging injuries, off-field issues and inconsistency are red flags to scouts. A quiet leader in the locker room who doesn't act out when things are down or let negative press get to him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's too hot and cold. I don't see a big motor. And that concerns me a lot.

In later rounds, would be a great pickup. But not on the 1st or 2nd...

OP
OP
turbo69

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's too hot and cold. I don't see a big motor. And that concerns me a lot.

In later rounds, would be a great pickup. But not on the 1st or 2nd...
Everything I have read says he won't make it past the middle of the first.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what do you guys think of trying to sign him now if he clears medically?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts