Sept. 10th, 3:15 p.m.....

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers vs. Da' Bears. Wow. What a big game.

There's going to be some hittin' going on around Heah!

The Pack coming off a 4-10 season with a new coaching staff, new scheme, and many new players, against the defending division champs.

Biggest opening day in recent memory. In the past we were most often considered the team to beat in the north. Now it's the Bears. And we want it back.

We start out on a high note and we have a real shot at being 4-1 following the Bears with the Saints, Lions, Philly, and, Rams.

Would be a great start for a young team.

It all starts with that first one. Come on Brett. Let's go "D". Put it on em baby!

Green Bay 17, Bears 13.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to be excited,scared,nervous,happy all at once. Losing this game is NOT an option.

Didn't McCarthy pull a Lovie Smith and say beating the Bears is on the top of his to-do list or something? I remember him mentioning the bears...

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he was asked about important games on the schedule and he responded with the Bears game because it was the first game.

He and Jago know what this rivalry is all about.

Can you imagine what it is going to be like around there when Favre comes out of the tunnel. Wow.

People are going to come unfreaking glued!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB needs this game bad. At home against the Bears. A win would start the MM/TT era in Green Bay off great.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Prediction: Packers 24, Bears 17.

First offensive play for the Bears, Grossman drops back and tries to hit Muhammad on a slant. A.J. Hawk hits him so hard he doesn't return for the remainder of the game. Packers defense shows Chicago that there's a new (ok, semi-new) sheriff in town in the NFC North!!!

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Prediction: Packers 24, Bears 17.

First offensive play for the Bears, Grossman drops back and tries to hit Muhammad on a slant. A.J. Hawk hits him so hard he doesn't return for the remainder of the game. Packers defense shows Chicago that there's a new (ok, semi-new) sheriff in town in the NFC North!!!
That's pretty realistic but I think you have it a little wrong. Robbie Gould hits a last second field goal to seal it, bears win 24-21. :wink: All BS aside it should be a great and exciting game and a tough one for both teams. Guess we(Bears and Packers fans) better all get ready, somebodys team is going 0-1 to start the season. Do a lot of Bears fans show up at the battles at Lambeu, I've never been?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Mark my words. The Bears have no chance. Brett jus like last year will come out of the gates tossing TD's everywhere.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is starting to sound like the SNL skit where the miniture ditka would win the superbowl 63-0...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people are underestimating the vast improvements of the 2006 team

(line)
(wr depth)
(lb depth)
(real CBs after Harris)
(trio of Rbs)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that'll work itself out with Cundiff vs. the field (the field is how we got longwell, it could happen again...ask the bears how they got their FG kicker. :) )

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
that'll work itself out with Cundiff vs. the field (the field is how we got longwell, it could happen again...ask the bears how they got their FG kicker. :) )

Yes, that is how we got him, and he isn't very good. Did you see him miss the 25 yarder vs SF? He kicked the thing so wide it went out of bounds.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hes just not good from distance.

from 20-29yards he is 9 for 9.

from 39-39 yards he is 9 for 10.

from 40-49yards he is 3-8. Thats not very good

they didnt even attempt anything 50+

If you're stuck with Gould, who isnt bad(except from distance), maybe you should get an offense that isnt horrible and get in better field position!

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
hes just not good from distance.

from 20-29yards he is 9 for 9.

from 39-39 yards he is 9 for 10.

from 40-49yards he is 3-8. Thats not very good

they didnt even attempt anything 50+

If you're stuck with Gould, who isnt bad(except from distance), maybe you should get an offense that isnt horrible and get in better field position!

Agreed. That was not a good combination last year. IMO - that says even more just how good the defense was.

OP
OP
W

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack's "O" had success against the Bears last year. Just didn't get it done in the scoring column. Typical scenario for them with all their weapons on the sideline with injuries.

With the improvements on "D" I cannot see them doing much with the ball.

We have Favre. They don't. I like our chances.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like the 13-3 year and last year...the Bears suck and we're going to reestablish home filed advantage at Lambeau again. MM has stated the importance of our house and I believe he will have the pride back in place. Everyone on this team has something to prove, from the new coaches, new players, and Brett. The Pack is back.

Members online

Latest posts