1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Senior Bowl Practice

Discussion in 'Draft Talk' started by Southpaw, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Anybody watching?

I watched the North Practice yesterday. Got to see some of the pass rushers there.

But most of the big time Pass Rushers seem to be practicing for the south today.

Watching some of them Coples, Upshaw, Branch, Curry, Winn.

Watched some of the 1 on 1's yesterday. Vinny Curry looks pretty meh, in one drill he blew outside contain.

Billy Winn looked pretty good though.

Another guy I saw that I really like was Mike Martin out of Michigan. Guy is a freak of nature. Very physical and looks like he'd bring a nastiness to our defense in the trenches. Which I think would be great.

South team is practicing right now. Coples, Upshaw and Branch are the big names out there today. ILB's are drilling right now.

Will try to keep you updated and report back with what I saw that I liked

2. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +483

Can you tell what Packer scouts are there?

3. Southpaw

Ratings:
    +422
    Yesterday Ted Thompson was a spectator at the North Practice

4. Southpaw

Ratings:
    +422
    Melvin Ingram was easily most balanced and versatile pass rusher out there that I saw based on watching the 1 on 1's and practice play drills. The guy is a complete monster.

Upshaw looked good and got a sack during one of the drills. But was caught jumping offsides a couple times with the hard count.

Coples is a beast, but he lacks an explosive first step. But he has really long arms and a variety of pass rush moves, but looks like he's more of a finesse pass rusher and isn't as strong as some of the other guys.

Jay Howard out of Florida was a guy I hadn't hear much about. He's listed a defensive tackle, but he could play End just as easily. Solid pass rusher, but might be more suited to play in a 4-3

Brandon Taylor the Safety out of LSU from what I briefly saw looked good and laid a big hit on a receiver during a drill.

Janoris Jenkins looked great.

I know we have no need for a QB, but Weeden looked very good. Too bad he's old as hell.

5. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +483

By Himself?

6. Southpaw

Ratings:
    +422
    He was sitting by himself, so I guess you could say that.

7. tstej

tstej Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +27
    Packers had a meeting with Mike Martin after the first practice yesterday morning. So far he is the only player that the Packers have interviewed that I know of.

8. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +515
    Funny how Mike Martin really didn't do much during the season for Michigan and he's now rated so highly. Although he did play well in the Sugar Bowl apparently.

9. tstej

tstej Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +27
    I thought Michigan played him out of position but he has really proved himself this week.

10. MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +246
    I've only seen coverage of the South practices. Upshaw and Ingram have looked good all week.

11. tstej

tstej Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +27
    Unfortunately I think only way Green Bay gets them is if they trade up.

12. Big E

Big E Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +106
    I've been trying to catch the practices or recaps of the practices. A guy that I really liked was Kendall Reyes from Connecticut. He looked like a dominant interior pass rusher out there, really explosive. I could see him filling the void left by Cullen Jenkins' departure.

13. tstej

tstej Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +27