1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Selling stuff online

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Forget Favre, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I have various stuff that I'm finally getting ready to try and sell online.
    So I have a couple of questions for anyone who has ever experienced doing this.
    I would like to post them with no charge or not pay for classified listings.
    Is Craigslist my only option?
    And how was it selling through CL? To me they have a shady rep. and a few people have been killed from meeting through CL. I dunno if it was all just through the personnels or selling and buying of items.
    Should I meet the buyer in a public place and do a cash exchange only?
    Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanx.

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    I sell stuff online frequently. Ebay has moved to free listings but you get charged a fee if it sells.

Craigslist.... just be smart. Thousands upon thousands of people meet up every day to do transactions with no problems. So as long as you use common sense you should be fine. Some local police stations even allow you to do transactions in their lobby.

I sold some dumbbells the other day. I went over to the guys house and took a personal check. sounds dumb but it was in a good neighborhood and he clearly lived there so if the check bounced he was more at risk than I was. He even gave me an extra $20 to deliver since he had to watch his kids.

I rarely invite people to my house because I dont want them to case the place.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Thanx ivo.

I see that the Isthmus has free online classifieds.
    Maybe try that too. Wouldn't hurt.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    I have done CL a lot

I never give out my address until the day of the sale if the people are coming to me. I only take cash

I have gone to others houses to buy stuff too..

If the items are small enough, I will ask to met at a public area.

• Informative Informative x 1