Secret Agent Man

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fueling rumors or speculation of Mike Sherman, "offensive genius's", control freak nature and bunker mentality, am I the only one amused/befuddled by his insistence on covering his mouth with the play sheet....as if someone will be watching him with binoculars and reading his lips, and then have time to pass it on to the Queens' sideline...and then to the defense.

"Missed it by THAT much".

"Chief...we need the dome of silence.....CHAOS is EVERYWHERE".

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Fueling rumors or speculation of Mike Sherman, "offensive genius's", control freak nature and bunker mentality, am I the only one amused/befuddled by his insistence on covering his mouth with the play sheet....as if someone will be watching him with binoculars and reading his lips, and then have time to pass it on to the Queens' sideline...and then to the defense.

"Missed it by THAT much".

"Chief...we need the dome of silence.....CHAOS is EVERYWHERE".
I have seen alot of coaches doing that over the years. Several years ago the talking heads were discussing that issue. They do believe that teams use lip readers to try to gain an edge.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lip readers or becasue it is just that loud that they want to be sure whomever they are talking to can hear them better?

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say this - it is ALL we ever see Sherman doing. I don't really have a problem with his play calling (any more or less than other coaches). But EVERY time they show Sherman he's reading the chart or whispering behind it. I want to see him giving the 3rd (or 4th or 5th) degree to the guy that just fumbled or missed coverage or ran his route short.

sunshine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackinSteel said:
I'll say this - it is ALL we ever see Sherman doing. I don't really have a problem with his play calling (any more or less than other coaches). But EVERY time they show Sherman he's reading the chart or whispering behind it. I want to see him giving the 3rd (or 4th or 5th) degree to the guy that just fumbled or missed coverage or ran his route short.

AMEN to that, edder! show some emotion for cripes sakes!! it drives me CRAZY sometimes!!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you honestly think he NEEDS to cover his mouth? Hell, it's pretty easy to guess what play the Packers are going to run, even for the common man much less someone who scouts the hell out of them for a week to prepare!

Members online

Latest posts