Seattle

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I wonder if the Seahawks picked any of the players TT had scouted and looked at last year which took them off the board for the Packers.

He told them all who he wanted to draft so he kind of had to play get'em before they do.

Speaking of Seattle. What was the fans reaction when Holmgren was named the HC of the Green Bay Packers?

I only ask because it reminds me of when Donovan McNabb was drafted and he was heavily booed by the fans and he turned out to be a so-so player

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Figured that was gonna get a response, didn't think it would nullify a response from the other points.

Is that the best you guys have? Who gives a rats butt about McNabb, it was an example! (albeit a bad one)

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I remember right, the Packer hiearchy went after Bill Parcells first before they hired Holmgrem. Somebody correct me here if I am wrong. Parcells was the big name guy, so it was a little bit of a letdown when they hired some guy named Holmgrem from San Francisco.

That moved worked out ok, seeing that it was Parcells who Holmgren and The Packers beat in the superbowl.

The big difference between now and then is that The Packers went out and signed Reggie, making Green Bay a place where free agents wanted to come and play.

Nothing TT has done so far is causing much excitement. The next few months will tell if the big name free agents will want to come to play for the Packers, and if the guys already here will want to stay.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
If I remember right, the Packer hiearchy went after Bill Parcells first before they hired Holmgrem. Somebody correct me here if I am wrong. Parcells was the big name guy, so it was a little bit of a letdown when they hired some guy named Holmgrem from San Francisco.

That moved worked out ok, seeing that it was Parcells who Holmgren and The Packers beat in the superbowl.

The big difference between now and then is that The Packers went out and signed Reggie, making Green Bay a place where free agents wanted to come and play.

Nothing TT has done so far is causing much excitement. The next few months will tell if the big name free agents will want to come to play for the Packers, and if the guys already here will want to stay.

I believe you are correct with the statement about Parcells. I faintly remember hearing Wolf and Parcells were good friends.

I also agree about TT not getting a big name Free Agent, however who was the big name Free Agent that could have the same impact as Reggie did? I do not think there was a big name Free Agent the Packers could sign. I mean seriously they couldn't even sign either of their two guards, Wahle or Rivera due to lack of cash. Basically TT was thrown into a gun fight with a knife. Gado and Gardner we came away with so I think he did a 'ok' job in Free Agency. Although I don't like that we missed out on Koren Robinson who btw was offered more money to come to the Packers than the Vikings offered him. Koren said he went back to the Vikings because they gave him a chance and it was out of loyalty, not cash.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts