1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Season Predictions, revisted

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by TheEngineer, Aug 8, 2008.

1. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Now that we're moving forward again, I was wondering how you guys thought we'd do this season and whether you've revised your prediction after all that's happened.

For me, I'll stay to what I predicted back in May/June and say:

8-8 or 9-7

2. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I Predicted 11-5 earlier with a chance at 12-4.

Today looks like 8-8, with a chanc at 9-7. I hope I am wrong. The Packers finish below 10 wins and there will definately be more changes for 2009-2010.

3. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope,

I still think 16-0. And Superbowl!

Who cares what the pudits think... Brett or no Brett, Packers are a solid team and they don't play anyone who they can not beat.

4. shanks2122

shanks2122 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    why are the earlier prediction falling off, what has changed.

I watched monday night countdown last night(on thursday) and nobody has any faith in the packers because of brett favre leaving, what a joke.

He is still basically retired to the packers they dont have to play the jets, is it that big of distraction, i say no.

i have all the confidence in the world in a-rod and i think hes gonna be great

what happened to the preseason power rankings when the packers were number 8

suberbowl contenders!!!!!!!!!!

5. walleye

walleye Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I THINK 11-5

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I say 10-6.
    Only because there will be some "growing pains" that will keep us from a better record.
    But i still think we will make the playoffs.

7. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Packers are replacing one of the top 5 qb's in the league last year with a qb who has 0 starts.
    Along with the fact that the back-ups have a total of 0 starts, there will be less wins.

8. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    i think 12-4 sounds good arod as good players around him and i think he has a good arm jsut not enough playing time witch he will now get,plus nothing has really changed on the d-line special teams is better so as a group and with m.m i feel they can get to the s.b just like big ben did fore the steelers because the vetrans around him really pulled for them to win i feel d.d and jennings grant,and as you know woodson and harris these guys want rings too,so arod had a legned q.b to help him with that for 3 years and i think he will be fine

9. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    11-5

10. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I still say 9-7 or 10-6. However, I honestly expect Rodgers to struggle early, as he becomes comfortable in the starting role.

11. hdultraclassic

hdultraclassic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    6 - 10 I expect Aaron Rodgers to have the "deer in the headlights" look by game 2. (Bears fans know the look very well). I hope I am wrong.

12. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    W - Sept. 8 Minnesota
    W - Sept. 14 at Detroit
    W - Sept. 21 Dallas
    W - Sept. 28 at Tampa Bay
    W - Oct. 5 Atlanta
    W- Oct. 12 at Seattle
    W- Oct. 19 Indianapolis
    W- Nov. 2 at Tennessee
    W - Nov. 9 at Minnesota
    W - Nov. 16 Chicago
    W- Nov. 24 at New Orleans
    W - Nov. 30 Carolina
    W - Dec. 7 Houston
    W - Dec. 14 at Jacksonville
    W - Dec. 22 at Chicago
    W - Dec. 28 Detroit

13. jpigeon

jpigeon Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, Allen gets his first sack of the year. welcome to the NFL A-Rod.

I think the Pack will be solid on defense, and quite possibly could be the #1 "D" in the NFC. That said, if they can carry the team, and A-Rod doesn't have to be Superman, and plays within himself, I'd say that 12-4 is a definite possibility, however, I still have a sneaky suspicion that A-Rod goes down by the 4th or 5th game, then if you have to go to Brohm, it could be a really long season. More than likely 9-7 is more realistic, and they don't make the playoffs.

Division winners: Saints, Rams, Cowpokes, Vikings. Wild card: Giants, Bucs.

14. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I say 10-6. Our young players will have a year more experience, teams will now focus on our running game which will make passing easier since in the past it was the other way around and there still seems to be a team unity. Either Rodgers or Brohm will emerge this year and they don't have to be great just minimize mistakes which was never Favre's strongpoint. 8)

15. FrozenTundra1979

FrozenTundra1979 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Perfect at home, split on the road. 12-4

16. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know. I think on paper they're a 10 to 11 win football team. The schedule looks tough but it's also overrated. Every year people look at it and put W's and L's next to games they think we'll win or lose and every year people are wrong. How many people had the Chargers as an L last year?

I'll stick with 10 to 11 wins but you know anything can happen. I certainly don't think any changes are going to happen in Green Bay unless this team absolutely tanks and I'm talking like 4 or 5 wins.

17. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    packers home dot com