Season Predictions, revisted

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that we're moving forward again, I was wondering how you guys thought we'd do this season and whether you've revised your prediction after all that's happened.

For me, I'll stay to what I predicted back in May/June and say:

8-8 or 9-7

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Predicted 11-5 earlier with a chance at 12-4.

Today looks like 8-8, with a chanc at 9-7. I hope I am wrong. The Packers finish below 10 wins and there will definately be more changes for 2009-2010.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope,

I still think 16-0. And Superbowl!

Who cares what the pudits think... Brett or no Brett, Packers are a solid team and they don't play anyone who they can not beat.

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why are the earlier prediction falling off, what has changed.

I watched monday night countdown last night(on thursday) and nobody has any faith in the packers because of brett favre leaving, what a joke.

He is still basically retired to the packers they dont have to play the jets, is it that big of distraction, i say no.

i have all the confidence in the world in a-rod and i think hes gonna be great

what happened to the preseason power rankings when the packers were number 8

suberbowl contenders!!!!!!!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say 10-6.
Only because there will be some "growing pains" that will keep us from a better record.
But i still think we will make the playoffs.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why are the earlier prediction falling off, what has changed.

I watched monday night countdown last night(on thursday) and nobody has any faith in the packers because of brett favre leaving, what a joke.

He is still basically retired to the packers they dont have to play the jets, is it that big of distraction, i say no.

i have all the confidence in the world in a-rod and i think hes gonna be great

what happened to the preseason power rankings when the packers were number 8

suberbowl contenders!!!!!!!!!!

The Packers are replacing one of the top 5 qb's in the league last year with a qb who has 0 starts.
Along with the fact that the back-ups have a total of 0 starts, there will be less wins.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think 12-4 sounds good arod as good players around him and i think he has a good arm jsut not enough playing time witch he will now get,plus nothing has really changed on the d-line special teams is better so as a group and with m.m i feel they can get to the s.b just like big ben did fore the steelers because the vetrans around him really pulled for them to win i feel d.d and jennings grant,and as you know woodson and harris these guys want rings too,so arod had a legned q.b to help him with that for 3 years and i think he will be fine

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still say 9-7 or 10-6. However, I honestly expect Rodgers to struggle early, as he becomes comfortable in the starting role.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
W - Sept. 8 Minnesota
W - Sept. 14 at Detroit
W - Sept. 21 Dallas
W - Sept. 28 at Tampa Bay
W - Oct. 5 Atlanta
W- Oct. 12 at Seattle
W- Oct. 19 Indianapolis
W- Nov. 2 at Tennessee
W - Nov. 9 at Minnesota
W - Nov. 16 Chicago
W- Nov. 24 at New Orleans
W - Nov. 30 Carolina
W - Dec. 7 Houston
W - Dec. 14 at Jacksonville
W - Dec. 22 at Chicago
W - Dec. 28 Detroit

jpigeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, Allen gets his first sack of the year. welcome to the NFL A-Rod.

I think the Pack will be solid on defense, and quite possibly could be the #1 "D" in the NFC. That said, if they can carry the team, and A-Rod doesn't have to be Superman, and plays within himself, I'd say that 12-4 is a definite possibility, however, I still have a sneaky suspicion that A-Rod goes down by the 4th or 5th game, then if you have to go to Brohm, it could be a really long season. More than likely 9-7 is more realistic, and they don't make the playoffs.

Division winners: Saints, Rams, Cowpokes, Vikings. Wild card: Giants, Bucs.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say 10-6. Our young players will have a year more experience, teams will now focus on our running game which will make passing easier since in the past it was the other way around and there still seems to be a team unity. Either Rodgers or Brohm will emerge this year and they don't have to be great just minimize mistakes which was never Favre's strongpoint. 8)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know. I think on paper they're a 10 to 11 win football team. The schedule looks tough but it's also overrated. Every year people look at it and put W's and L's next to games they think we'll win or lose and every year people are wrong. How many people had the Chargers as an L last year?

I'll stick with 10 to 11 wins but you know anything can happen. I certainly don't think any changes are going to happen in Green Bay unless this team absolutely tanks and I'm talking like 4 or 5 wins.

Members online

Latest posts