1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sean Payton to rest starters vs Panthers???

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Title Town USA, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Title Town USA

Title Town USA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Saints in unfamiliar position

Sounds like the Packers might get a late X-mas gift from payton and the Saints!!! :thumbsup: Well, if they take Brees and Bush out for a considerable amount of time, against a Panthers team still alive in the playoffs, I'd say it's a good chance the Panthers can win!

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Good call on that Eagles winning helping the Packers

3. Schmitty

Schmitty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So we are looking for the Panthers and Rams to lose? Is that correct?

4. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If the Rams win, we will need a Panther win or a Falcon win, to keep the advantage of the tiebreaker.

If Rams lose it doesn't matter what the Panthers do.

First though we need the Giants to lose.

Last of course is that no matter what I want to see The Pack get a big victory over The Bears, whether we make the playoffs or not, this would be a big momentum builder for the off season.

5. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Buckey, I couldn't agree with you more. This last game, if the Bears play their best, could be a real momentum builder for the off season. The key is that we too have to play well.

6. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Doesn't shock me. I'd rest starters as well. Hopefully Chicago plays us like they did the Lions. Maybe play some guys a half and then pull them. So Green Bay just needs to keep it close early and they'll have a shot. 1st though they need some things to happen.

What's good about this game. The Packers will know where they stand before kickoff of Chicago vs. Green Bay.

7. Title Town USA

Ratings:
    +9
    Also sounds as though Jake Delhomme might play! Great news for the packers: Delhomme plays, Saints rest starters!!!

Jake Delhomme practices

8. Packersfan43084

Packersfan43084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

great news! He instantly makes Carolina a much better team than with Weinke. Here's hoping Steve Smith goes nuts on Sunday! :beer:

9. Title Town USA

Ratings:
    +9
    Joe Horn Doubtful

Just more good news-looks like Saints are already forfeiting against the panthers lol.