Seahawks stud n duds

fix8ed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very happy Packer fan here. On pins/needles at the end, but I will take being in the conference championship, no matter how we got there.

I was disappointed in the run game, but it was just good enough to make play action effective. OL did not adjust for a few DL stunts but only 2 sacks, so again, just good enough. King missed an interception that would have been timely.

Refs, what the? Completely inconsistent in spotting the ball. The fumble bumble. Wagner pushes Jones back about 15 yards after the whistle and then throws him on the ground. Lockett literally throws Alexander to the ground in the end zone for a TD catch and that's not OPI, but OPI against Lazard for half-hearted pick.

Aikman is so biased against the Packers it makes me want to watch with the sound off. Literally rooting Seattle in the second half. I think he had his mic routed to Carroll's head set.

Big positive - I did not see any disunity with the Packers at all. Rodgers was encouraging his teammates, not criticizing. And really like the way Clark was challenging the defense at the end. Wilson is one tough cookie to get on the ground and it would have been easy for the defense to get discouraged, but they didn't. Just kept working away.

Can't wait for next Sunday. I've seen playoff wins many times over teams that won the same matchup lopsidedly in the regular season. That's going to happen this time as well. Titans-Packers in the SB.
I believe Aikman wanted the Seahawks to win the game and made no secret of it in the 2nd half. He is usually more circumspect but not this time. You know, you don't have to blurt out blatant "go get em Seahawks" to exhibit favoritism over the course of a game. But it might just be a giveaway when you are throwing the challenge flag before even Pete Carroll on the Jimmy Graham catch. If Aikman paid any attention to the original live camera shot, he would have seen that it was clearly a 1st down and would have said immediately that the marker lines were off on the replays. Notably, his booth partner had a lot less to say.
You know, I could put up with most of this nonsense , but we got to hear far more about the disappointing end of the season for the great Russell Wilson than we did about the two clutch throws by Rodgers to close out this game. Stuff like this leaves a bad taste In your mouth even after big win.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No adjustments

What Def were they playing in 1st hallf?

What we're they playing in 2nd hallf?

No one answer other then guacamole...
Haven't read the rest of the answers yet, but what I saw was that the way we were getting pressure was almost always from our outside linebackers (especially Za'darius) trying to beat his man on the inside and so it was easy for Wilson to roll out and out of their reach. Which is why I said previously that Matinez should have been spying in the 2nd half and after Wilson decides which way to scramble...then blitz. But too often the pass rushers were almost clogging each other up and then Wilson just rolled to the side.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Aikman wanted the Seahawks to win the game and made no secret of it in the 2nd half. He is usually more circumspect but not this time. You know, you don't have to blurt out blatant "go get em Seahawks" to exhibit favoritism over the course of a game. But it might just be a giveaway when you are throwing the challenge flag before even Pete Carroll on the Jimmy Graham catch. If Aikman paid any attention to the original live camera shot, he would have seen that it was clearly a 1st down and would have said immediately that the marker lines were off on the replays. Notably, his booth partner had a lot less to say.
You know, I could put up with most of this nonsense , but we got to hear far more about the disappointing end of the season for the great Russell Wilson than we did about the two clutch throws by Rodgers to close out this game. Stuff like this leaves a bad taste In your mouth even after big win.

It is rather funny how fans react to Aikman and Buck. On another forum I regularly post on has fans of all 32 teams and after every game these 2 do on FOX posters will complain that Buck and Aikman are biased towards the other team. These announcers try to be neutral. However, everyone says Aikman should NOT do Cowboys games. Try as he might he can't help but show a preference for Dallas.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

If people want to blame someone, blame Fox for having the LOS so far out. They even said that the LOS isn't necessarily accurate.

While that is true, butthurt fans won't see it that way....They'll just gripe about the officiating and insist their team was cheated.

Sky King

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice a curious view of Graham that was briefly shown during the double review of the play? There were lines akin to crosshairs, light gray in color, and which showed Graham had been downed beyond the intersection of those lines. The view was taken from the opposite angle that was used on the broadcast. I have never seen a perspective in crosshairs before that particular review. It would reinforce Do7's picture above that showed the yellow line was not projected on the field accurately.

Greg Burzynski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for the spot of the Graham catch, I was listening to SiriusXM channel 88 with Brady Quinn and Charlie Weis. Brady explained that the official line to gain marker was on the opposite side of the field, away from the catch. By going off that marker the catch was good for first down. The yellow line is never right,, it is some IT guy doing his best to project the line for the TV broadcast.

You would think the NFL would have the tech to insert/implant sensors to make the yellow line more accurate. Like the laser designator that the military uses to paint a target for laser guided munitions. I have used those lasers to bring the rain on the bad guys,, and they are spot on.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson willed that team..

He almost did it
Have to agree with you. And Wilson has been doing that all season, even through some devastating injuries to starters.

He has other abilities - notably to extend plays with his legs and then find open receivers with his arm, all while exhausting the D. He’s a very valuable player, and if it weren’t for Lamar Jackson, I think Wilson would be this year’s MVP.

He can’t be stopped entirely, but the Packers did a great job of holding him in check, and not giving him the ball back in the last 3 minutes.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Aikman wanted the Seahawks to win the game and made no secret of it in the 2nd half. He is usually more circumspect but not this time. You know, you don't have to blurt out blatant "go get em Seahawks" to exhibit favoritism over the course of a game. But it might just be a giveaway when you are throwing the challenge flag before even Pete Carroll on the Jimmy Graham catch.
I have no idea who he wanted to win or if he even cared. I saw the game but didn't notice any bias, although I don't really like listening to his commentary. Maybe because I remember all those Cowboy games in the '90s that we lost.

Anyway, in the second half the Seahawks were mounting a comeback, it's no surprise that they would try to sell the excitement of that. At that point, that was the most interesting story. As for the Graham catch, I've noticed they try to stir up some controversy whenever they can. Sensationalism and all. I thought it was a first down from what I saw. Even Skip Bayless had no problem with the call. Let Pete Carroll challenge the call, better for us that he lose the timeout.

H

HardRightEdge

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

If people want to blame someone, blame Fox for having the LOS so far out. They even said that the LOS isn't necessarily accurate.
It's why they gave it to him. We saw a broadcast camera shot from behind the first down marker. You can be pretty sure the reviewers saw that too. Maybe we should thank Belichick. He's the one who stumped for more cameras. ;)

Members online

Latest posts