Scratch off the Lions for playoffs, but not for Thanksgiving

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
34 to 6, beat down in Chicago,the Lions ARE who you thought they were!

The once scary looking team (that is still going to give us one hell of a game on Thanksgiving, believe that with our terrible defense) is starting to fall apart every week.

They only lost 2 games going into Chicago, but if you take away those 2 wild come back games, that they should have lost, they would be sitting at 6-4, and more so, 6-5 after this loss counts.

But still, they are going to be tough on Thanksgiving.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a repeat for our game...I'm trying to organize a Packer/Lion skype thing with our family in Detroit! LOL

If its anything like today,..I'm sure they will log off claiming internet "issues" hehehehehe:sneaky:

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Either way they are probably going to rack up 450-500 yards against us on Thanksgiving. I am dreading that game sooooooo bad. I don't think they are a playoff team, but if we let Rivers still slice us up and put 38 on the board, I don't want to think about how we're going to leave Calvin Johnson open all day long like we did Vincent Jackson.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either way they are probably going to rack up 450-500 yards against us on Thanksgiving. I am dreading that game sooooooo bad. I don't think they are a playoff team, but if we let Rivers still slice us up and put 38 on the board, I don't want to think about how we're going to leave Calvin Johnson open all day long like we did Vincent Jackson.
We're gonna kill them. They might get a lot of yardage but our defense will force at least 2 turnovers against them.

And when you play Aaron Rodgers and you give 2 turnovers, you lose.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One bad game does not a season make. Still a lot of football left. I wouldn't rule out either the Lions or the Bears until they're officially out of the playoffs.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way this Packers are built, with a defense proven to be able to generate turnovers consistantly, with an offense with so many mismatches and so careful with the ball, and with the QB playing as best as anyone EVER, it'll take a really bad day for us to lose.

This team consistantly wins the 2 most important factors in football. The turnover battle and the QB rating differential. When you win those, you win the game almost every time.

TT and MM are absolute genius. What a great system they've built. In today's NFL, with so much information and so little to discover/invent, they've essencially produced a revolution to the extent of what Bill Walsh did.

They've built this Packers based on exploiting mismatches and winning the turnover battle. They figured where the rules were heading, particularly the passing game, and they've built a roster to maximize it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a couple of games to go before then starting with Mon. night.
I think you should reserve you judgement until we see if the Pack is getting better on D.
If they are still playing as bad as you think they are in the game just before Detroit, then you can worry.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way this Packers are built, with a defense proven to be able to generate turnovers consistantly, with an offense with so many mismatches and so careful with the ball, and with the QB playing as best as anyone EVER, it'll take a really bad day for us to lose.

This team consistantly wins the 2 most important factors in football. The turnover battle and the QB rating differential. When you win those, you win the game almost every time.

TT and MM are absolute genius. What a great system they've built. In today's NFL, with so much information and so little to discover/invent, they've essencially produced a revolution to the extent of what Bill Walsh did.

They've built this Packers based on exploiting mismatches and winning the turnover battle. They figured where the rules were heading, particularly the passing game, and they've built a roster to maximize it.
Post. Of. The. Week. (Except for all of mine of course. Ha! LOL Just kidding.)
Really well put PRS.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
If the season ended today 3 teams from the NFC north would be in the playoffs. But alas, the season does not end today. One game at a time. Next up the Vike's. Then we get to go and take the Lions out of the Playoff picture.

Members online

Latest posts