Scratch Mcgahee-he went to Ravens

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT needs to get off his ***! They cancelled the draft this year, and theres only 2 more days left of free agency!!!!!

Oh wait....

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT needs to get off his ***! They cancelled the draft this year, and theres only 2 more days left of free agency!!!!!

Oh wait....

no but we're two backs closer to having morency as the starter...McGahee would've been perfect

I'm concerned about Justin Griffith, he's been reported as visiting green bay for the last week or so and this magical deal has yet to be done, Griffith's first priority, but the number of running backs is declining in a hurry

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although the trade may happen and may happen soon, it has not yet done.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would think a contract has to be agreed to before the deal is done...

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Oh wait....

no but we're two backs closer to having morency as the starter...McGahee would've been perfect

I'm concerned about Justin Griffith, he's been reported as visiting green bay for the last week or so and this magical deal has yet to be done, Griffith's first priority, but the number of running backs is declining in a hurry

How would McGahee be perfect? Does he have experience in the zone blocking system?

I don't know, I think McGahee is a little overrated.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did not like Buffalo as a community, which drove part of his malcontent behavior. Why do you think he would like little ol' GB better.

As the smallest city in the league, you have to bring in people who want to be there, otherwise you are just asking for trouble and discontented players. McGahee did not fit that important criteria.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that is a lot to give up for an oft-injuried RB. This would a very good trade for the Bills, because now they have 1stround pick, and 2 2nd round picks. They can draft Lynch at 12, and fill there other needs in the 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Reaction score
He did not like Buffalo as a community, which drove part of his malcontent behavior. Why do you think he would like little ol' GB better.

As the smallest city in the league, you have to bring in people who want to be there, otherwise you are just asking for trouble and discontented players. McGahee did not fit that important criteria.

Great point, I totally agree.

That is the reason McGhaee said the Bills should move to Toronto.

Furthermore, McGhaee has 4 paternal suits going on RIGHT NOW, so you can tell he likes to party. Not sure if GB would fit his party hardy style.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Ravens | McGahee acquired
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:15:35 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens acquired RB Willis McGahee from the Buffalo Bills for a third-round pick in 2007 and two more undisclosed draft picks.

Updating an immediate report, ESPN.com's Michael Smith reports the Baltimore Ravens acquired RB Willis McGahee from the Buffalo Bills in exchange for the team's third and seventh-round picks in the 2007 draft and the Ravens' third-round pick in 2008.

It is finally offical, 3 picks is way to steep for this guy:)

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 picks and 3 paternity suits...perfect balance of yin and yang! Oooooohhhhmmmmmmm.....

Reaction score
I have to admit, although the asking price was high, his contract demands weren't. He got a deal roughly worth 6.5 million per year, and if the Ravens cut him after 4 years, it'll be a 4 year about 21 million dollar contract. It is VERY reasonable in terms of dollar value for a player his caliber.

Hopefully this will bring back SOME balance to FA and the market, because McGhaee is a talented guy. Certainly this is a more bang for your buck deal when compared to what Ahman Green got.

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow shows what you know
HatestheEagles084 said:
tromadz said:

Oh wait....

How would McGahee be perfect? Does he have experience in the zone blocking system?

I don't know, I think McGahee is a little overrated.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I have to admit, although the asking price was high, his contract demands weren't. He got a deal roughly worth 6.5 million per year, and if the Ravens cut him after 4 years, it'll be a 4 year about 21 million dollar contract. It is VERY reasonable in terms of dollar value for a player his caliber.

Hopefully this will bring back SOME balance to FA and the market, because McGhaee is a talented guy. Certainly this is a more bang for your buck deal when compared to what Ahman Green got.

But it wasn't the only cost and that's the problem. Three draft picks is not chump change and you have to figure that cost in the deal whereas the Green deal was not a trade and involved no picks.

Huge difference. TT put's that deal together and he's the next guy shot by a Wisconsin sniper.

Members online

Latest posts