Scott wells might be out again

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a shame. His replacement did pretty well this past week and I have confidence that he will continue to work for the Packers until Wells returns. Pneumonia sure weakens you quickly though, so here is to a good recovery for the guy.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've had pneumonia twice, and it really saps your energy. It also takes several weeks before you feel completely like yourself again, even though you are able to do your usual activities. Hopefully Wells can make it back for the game after KC. I think he is our best offensive lineman this year. He was our only injured player who healed up during the bye week (broken eye socket), then this happens.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a shame. His replacement did pretty well this past week and I have confidence that he will continue to work for the Packers until Wells returns. Pneumonia sure weakens you quickly though, so here is to a good recovery for the guy.

Actually the replacement (Spitz) ended up costing us TD with a couple of stupid penalties on the goal line. He did ok otherwise, but Wells is clearly the better center and we need him back as soon as possible.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:

Actually the replacement (Spitz) ended up costing us TD with a couple of stupid penalties on the goal line. He did ok otherwise, but Wells is clearly the better center and we need him back as soon as possible.

The penalties near the goal line were on Moll and Clifton, both for false starts. Spitz had two holding penalties on the last drive of the half, which started around the Packers' own 45 yard line.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spitz is doing a very admirable job at center considering the move from guard with a little center practice time put in. But we need Wells back. And Coston.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scott fully participated in practice and MM says he feels a lot better. He doesn't know if he will play Sunday.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from the latest news i have, wells feels a lot better and they will make a judgment on saturday, id expect wells to play

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Bobby Roberts said:

The penalties near the goal line were on Moll and Clifton, both for false starts. Spitz had two holding penalties on the last drive of the half, which started around the Packers' own 45 yard line.

No, Clifton is very good (supposedly...)!

I hope Wellsy gets better. Good thing we have decent depth where guys can be plugged in and not have a drastic dropoff as far as performance goes.

Members online

Latest posts