scott Wells gets new deal

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
so wells\colledge\spitz will hold down the interior of the line for years, which is good, cuz they're turning into a real solid interior 3, which is happening sooner than I thought, which is good!

I think Colledge is going to be moved to LT and Spitz to LG with Moll at RG. That would be my best guess. Maybe not next year but sooner than most probably think especially with Clifton's average at best play this year.

Clifton HAS struggled this season but I'm hoping it is just an adjustment period getting used to the new zone blocking system. Remember the young guns on this team were specifically chosen for this system. Clifton has been playing for years in another system. Hopefully he catches on soon or you may be right.

Reaction score
tromadz said:
so wells\colledge\spitz will hold down the interior of the line for years, which is good, cuz they're turning into a real solid interior 3, which is happening sooner than I thought, which is good!

I think Colledge is going to be moved to LT and Spitz to LG with Moll at RG. That would be my best guess. Maybe not next year but sooner than most probably think especially with Clifton's average at best play this year.

Give credit to TT and the scouting staff, they got keepers.

IMO, I agree with porky that Colledge will move to LT eventually. A line consisting of Moll/Wells/Spitz/Colledge as the core is darn good for this scheme. I must say, a blend of coaching and astute drafting has really shed light on what seemed like a lost cause.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers | Contract update: Wells
Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:48:52 -0800

Green Bay Packers C Scott Wells signed a five-year contract extension with the team. The contract includes base salaries of $6.8 million (2006), $510,000 (2007), $740,000 (2008), $1.5 million (2009), $2.25 million (2010) and $2.75 million (2011).

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a thought on the Chad Clifton angle. Is he perhaps still struggling with his knees?

It is great to see how the young O-line is working out - humble pie time for me, since I have been so critical of the line and the blocking scheme!! :soapbox: ;)

Maybe TT is more of a genius than I give him credit for?! :oops:

Chris