Scott Wells and Packers trying to work a deal

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...-attention-for-packers-ao3412j-134161508.html

According to sources, the Packers aren't any closer in their ongoing talks with center Scott Wells.
At this point, Wells is seeking significantly more money than the Packers want to pay him. There's more than enough time for a compromise to be reached before the March 13 start of the unrestricted signing period. If not, Wells very well might test the market knowing the Packers would want him back.
On Friday, coach Mike McCarthy called Wells the team's best and most consistent offensive lineman this season as well as last season. He probably should have made the Pro Bowl a year ago and would appear to be the odds-on favorite to be the NFC starter this season.

"I'd love to have Scott back," said McCarthy. "Scott's representatives and our guys need to get to whatever that price is. I don't think coaches should do the money. If I was in charge of the money, we'd have been out of money a long time ago."

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Wells is one of the two most underrated guys on the team (Bishop being the other). Scott Wells has plenty of good years left and is playing the best ball of his career. Pay the man.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts