Score Prediciton- Packers at Eagles

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
At this point Westbrook is MUCH better than Reggie Bush in the NFL.

The key with Westbrook is to contain the big play...we can assign someone to spy (becasue mcnabb doesnt scramble much at all anymore)...and watch Westbrook in the red zone, and keep one on LJ Smith...our LB pursuit will be key in this game

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:
Cory said:

The key with Westbrook is to contain the big play...we can assign someone to spy (becasue mcnabb doesnt scramble much at all anymore)...and watch Westbrook in the red zone, and keep one on LJ Smith...our LB pursuit will be key in this game

I agree about our LBers and I think it'd be wise to start Taylor in this game over poppinga. Hawk will get a serious test in this game.

1960worldchampions

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
HatestheEagles084 said:
Cory said:

I agree about our LBers and I think it'd be wise to start Taylor in this game over poppinga. Hawk will get a serious test in this game.

I would be interested and appreciate posters thoughts on how Hawk is performing thus far. I haven't seen or heard much here in Philly... Has he been exceeding everyone's expectations? What have been his pluses and minuses?

Thanks!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1960worldchampions said:
Cory said:
HatestheEagles084 said:
Cory said:

I would be interested and appreciate posters thoughts on how Hawk is performing thus far. I haven't seen or heard much here in Philly... Has he been exceeding everyone's expectations? What have been his pluses and minuses?

Thanks!

He has been nothing but average since I started watching him play in the NFL, however he appears to be getting better, and being in the right spot, and making some NASTY tackles weekly. But so far, if I had to describe him in one word, i would say "Average" and thats not bad for a rookie. By the end of the season I expect him to be an an above average LB, and go into next season as an elite LB\playmaker.

Thats just my opinion on him.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
27-24 Eagles.

Westbrook and Matt Schobel with big games/plays. Come'on, you know the back-up TE always steps up against the pack! :lol:

We'll have some sort of critical error that will cost us, otherwise we will play a good game...Lead well by Favre.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say he was a good LBer. He's at least been on par with Nick Barnett this season so far.

He's showing flashes of what he was at OSU. His coverage skills still need work, but is becoming a good player against the run.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honest prediction...
The Eagles were not the same team last year after they suffered a catastrophic collapse against the Cowboys...which resembled this year's catastrophic collapse against the Giants...they were impressive last week but mainly from a few plays on which the 49ers refused to tackle, and even so they kinda turned off the motor when they reached 30 points...I question the Eagles' depth on the defensive front seven, and thats before a secondary that I respect but hasn't stopped the pass all that effectively...As long as the Packers don't get all emo like they do every time they play the Eagles, I think they can win the game if they play smart football, I'm gonna jump to that conclusion and say 23-17

edit, and lets win the game on special teams for once instead of lose it...usually when we play the eagles it comes down to a special teams mistake (or a certain coach sending in josh bidwell to kick a touchback when we have 4th and 1 on the 39, and his stroke of brilliance the play before was to run our slow aging QB for the first down, no wonder he came up short, this was in a playoff game mind you)...Rayner seems like a solid option at kicker, and nothing but good things have been said about Ryan at punter...

OP
OP
F

furferret2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1960worldchampions said:

Thanks!
The two things that fascinate me the most when I watch NFL games closely are rookies and linebackers. I watched AJ Hawk closely for the MNF preseason game (forget against who).

-When he didn't make the play himself, he absorbed a block and made sure his teammate got after the ballcarrier untouched.

-I saw him in a lot of zone coverage, and he didn't get his zone threatened that often. Can't evaulte his coverage. He respected his zone and played very disciplined is all I can say.

-He was sent on the blitz on about 1 out of 5 plays and took on offensive linemen often. He didn't really get into the backfield often, but getting single coverage for those big defensive linemen is a blessing in itself.

-He made a couple big plays and always was in on the pile.

Overall he was inconsistent at the time(this was preseason remember), but he showed sparks of greatness.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think in this game it comes down to defensive schemes. If the pack can employ a package that limits the screen play(Which they have done well on thus far) will be key. The Packs weakness is on the short flat. Most big plays against our pass D has come off of quick slants that turn into big gainers. Look for Ahmad Carrol to be employed as a spy on westbrook. Ie alot of nickle coverage. I also look for hunter to get some tme on the DE he is very very fast and has the legs to run down mcnabb.

Packers 31 Eagle 28

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought we lucked out a little bit having to get the Eagles from that division as I felt after last year they wouldn't be the worst team from that division. I feel Brett will come out to play on Monday night but honestly
Johnson scheming against our O-line.
Eagles 31
Pack 20

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You lost $5. Eagles 28 - Packers 10

Weskbrook is going to kill us with consistent yardage pass plays. I don't think we're going to give up any huge plays this game. That will be our improvement, but we won't be able to stop the Eagles. One touchdown per quarter.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have never really recovered from the "4th & 26" playoff game and if memory serves, This Game was the beginning of the recent slide and Favre's "intercepitis"

Hopefully they turn it around tonight -

Packers 35
Iggles 17

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe for the first time in years we are in position to win the Special Teams aspect of the game.

That group has been tweaked and is playing really well and K-Rob and Woodson could help make a difference tonight.

If we can hold back the pressure on Favre some he should be able to carve up an injured defense. It all comes down to us giving up fewer big plays than they do(and maybe a special play by ST's).

Pack 31
Eagles 28

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
i dont get the westbrook hype.

Hes good, damn good...but we held Reggie Bush in check(mostly) so ...why all the westbrook hype?

Also, if we can handle Detroits pass rush, we can handle the eagles, probably better(things were learned with that experiment in week 3).

Packers - 31
Eagles -28

Reggie is a rookie...they are still figuring out how to use him. He will be special in a couple years.

Westbrook's success has a lot to do with Reid's playcalling. They know how to exploit mis-matches with him.

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
i dont get the westbrook hype.

Hes good, damn good...but we held Reggie Bush in check(mostly) so ...why all the westbrook hype?

Also, if we can handle Detroits pass rush, we can handle the eagles, probably better(things were learned with that experiment in week 3).

Packers - 31
Eagles -28

Reggie is a rookie...they are still figuring out how to use him. He will be special in a couple years.

Westbrook's success has a lot to do with Reid's playcalling. They know how to exploit mis-matches with him.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McMVP said:

The picture in your signature cracks me up.

I've changed my mind from before.

Packers 30 Eagles 21

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Wow, registered back in 2004 and you still remember the account Mc. Impressive! :)

Yeah...keep the same info for all the boards I visit....easier that way...

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
McMVP said:

The picture in your signature cracks me up.

I've changed my mind from before.

Packers 30 Eagles 21

:lol:

Members online

Latest posts