1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Scab Ref still thinks he made the right call

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/171576491.html#!page=1&pageSize=10&sort=newestfirst

Painted himself into a corner.
    Of course he's going to go along with his former boss, Roger Bad-All.
    Either he just won't man up and admit he made a mistake or he really is a moron who isn't even qualified to ref. a football game among 2 year olds.

If anyone wants to throw him under a bus (Literally) I'll be more than happy to be the bus driver.
    (OK I could never really kill anyone, but I just can't get over this yet. It really sucks when you want something back and it's the right thing but it's out of reach.)

In any case, the Packers deserve to win the SB this year more than any other team.

2. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
  3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
  4. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,863
    Kumbaya people. Kumbaya.

Perhaps someday we will hear a huge popping sound from the west, and we will recognize immediately as Mr. Easly's head finally popping out of his a$$, but why worry about it anymore.

We now have rally cry for our team. Right up there with "Remember the Alamo" and "54 -40 or fight" is "Remember Seattle".

It will serve us to the Superbowl.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,863
    13 x - Am I optimistic the Pack will win the Superbowl or that Mr. Easley will remove his head from his a$$? :)

6. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213

This old man sounds like he has a lot in common with my senile neighbor who claims kids are on his roof throwing rocks at him while he's outside

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Of couse he thinks he is right.....why would he admit he was wrong? Who likes to admit they are wrong?

8. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +879
    From the article:

Easley believes that M.D. Jennings did not pull in the interception because, "you have to not only have the ball but have either two feet or a body part on the ground, and that never happened."

What an f-in idiot! Has he NOT been reading anything these past few days? One would think he would, at least, have the rule straight by now.

And, Jennings never returned to the ground?

Go back to coaching high school, Easley. You are a joke.

9. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    Easley was so right that he was fired within 48 hours of the call.

10. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +116
    Someone on Twitter claimed he knew Easley and that he was a Seahawks fan. I wouldn't believe it for a second except for the fact that those calls were blatantly wrong.

11. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Ref is completely ignorant of the rule... awesome...

12. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    There was one guy that was a Saints fan and they pulled him from working the Saints game

How can the nfl not know he posted all sorts of pics on facebook wearing Saint stuff

13. PlayoffRace

PlayoffRace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LanceEasleyImpact

The above link illustrates the severity of the impact Lance Easley's botched MNF call is having on the NFC Playoff Picture. The standings will continue to be updated as the season progresses. Through three weeks, 9 of 16 seeds have been altered. Thanks a lot Easley

14. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    That's what really makes the whole thing all wonky and just generally all F'd up.
    This is supposed to be a PRO league.
    But they sure as hell don't look like it when they hire any bum off the street and Lingerie League refs????
    Last time I checked NCAA football is on Sat. or any other day BUT Sun.
    Too late but the right thing to do would have been to have the guys who call the games for big college games then go to an NFL one in the area. Like if someone is working a game in Madison for the Badgers on Sat. then have him go to Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota or GB on Sun.
    The NFL shot themselves in the foot with this one.
    It was feeling like backyard football than pros.
    I am so looking forward to putting this behind after the next Packers game.
    I have a really good feeling that they are going to start being the Packers we know and love.
    They (And we) won't have to be distracted by those scabs anymore.

15. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    And if we needed any more confirmation that this call was wrong. Ed Hochuli himself finally addresses it:

The NFL issued a statement Tuesday in which the league concurred with the replay official's decision not to overturn the ruling of a touchdown. Nowhere in the statement did the league say the initial call was correct.
    "We use situations that occur as learning opportunities. Not to be critical, but as learning opportunities," Hochuli said as a disclaimer. "So let's look at the rule."
    Hochuli defined a simultaneous catch as one in which four hands secure the football at the same time. It is not a simultaneous catch, he says, if one player has it in mid-air and then another joins him in the act of possessing it. The player who had possessed the ball first (in the case of Monday's game, Jennings) is the one who should be rewarded with possession.
    It also does not matter if the initial grab occurs before the player hit the ground.
    "I will tell you I've worked over 450 games in this league. I have never seen a simultaneous catch," Hochuli said. "To get four hands on the ball at the same time is a pretty unusual situation.
    "I've seen simultaneous recoveries. That's not uncommon. You un-pile the players, they're going after a loose ball and there are two guys who are completely wrapped around the football, and you have a simultaneous recovery. You're going to give the ball to the offense.
    "But a simultaneous catch is a hard thing to have."
    He added, "I point that out only because if you're going to call it, be really confident in what you're doing. Do understand that rule that you're going to get four hands on that football at the same time in order to have a simultaneous catch."
    Later, while the officials waited for a disconnected Hochuli to rejoin them, they went over the rule again.
    "We can rule on simultaneous catches in the end zone. That is reviewable," referee Bill Leavy said. "And the way we would've (ruled Monday) night's would've been an interception."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/...still-convening-to-stay-game-ready/57846092/1
    Of a simultaneous catch, Leavy added, "Like Ed said, I've never seen one."

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    As we all thought!
    This just pizzes me off even more.

Now when and if we get rolling and finish 11-5, 12-4, 13-3, it won't matter.
    But until then, I still hate Lance Easley!

And I believe he had someone close to him with a lot of $ on Seattle, and by the NFL reviewing it and staying with it makes me believe this is another one that was rigged with him, the NFL, Vegas.

17. BallHawk

BallHawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here....I bet you're a Seaturkeys fan!

19. BallHawk

BallHawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You guys should find somebody better to quote than Ed Hochuli ( Den-SD fumble screw-up) and Bill Leavy ( Sea-Pitt SB screw-up). I'd bet you a dollar to a donut these regular refs would have made the same call this past Monday that the replacement refs made. It was a VERY close play that could have gone either way. Would we Seahawk fans have screamed as loud as you guys if it hadn't gone our way? Maybe, but we'll never know. I honestly hope we both make the playoffs and end up playing each other. It'll be a game for the ages.

[​IMG]

• Old Old x 1
  20. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,186
    This is as foolish an argument as you’ll see anywhere. He or she is “betting” on a hypothetical past event which is obviously impossible to prove. You say we should find someone better to quote; how about you quoting one or two regular officials who agree with you? Or admit you have absolutely nothing upon which to base your “bet”.

It was not close at all. That’s why the overwhelming and vast majority of NFL fans and commentators saw the obvious INT which occurred; some non-Packers fans were even outraged by the call. It was so obvious the call decided an NFL game wrongly it spurred the league to cave in to almost all the NFLRA demands to get the incompetent officials off the field. None of that would have happened if it was a VERY close play.

Hochuli has been an NFL official since 1990 and he’s certainly blown calls like every other official. But this is the guy who has taken the lead in keeping other NFLRA members up to date on rule changes via teleconferences during the lockout. He knows the rule book. “He defined a simultaneous catch as one in which four hands secure the football at the same time. It is not a simultaneous catch, he says, if one player has it in mid-air and then another joins him in the act of possessing it. The player who had possessed the ball first (in the case of Monday's game, Jennings) is the one who should be rewarded with possession. It also does not matter if the initial grab occurs before the player hit the ground.” For anyone having trouble following along, that means the picture in BallHawk’s post is irrelevant. Hochuli estimates he's reffed 450 NFL games and he's never seen a simultaneous catch.

So what was obvious to nearly everyone without an ‘axe to grind’ is now confirmed by Ed Hochuli. Seahawks and Bears fans who still disagree are now in the position of siding with high school/ Division III refs over Hochuli, an NFL official with more than two decades of experience.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. BallHawk

BallHawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh brother.

Again, even regular refs would have had trouble with this call. The replay booth (regular replay officials by the way) couldn't find any reason to overturn the play.

Another thing, if your defender Jennings hadn't been trying to pad his stats with another INT and swatted the ball away like he was taught, your guys would be the ones with the W.

22. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379

• Like Like x 1
  23. BallHawk

BallHawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh man. That's enough to make me root for the Saints this weekend. :sneaky:

24. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +847
    I understand he reffed a High School game Friday night. From the NFL to back to High School in 5 days.

25. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Ballhawk I think you are just confused as to aspects of it?

From what I heard, he couldnt over turn the play based on the call made on the field..All he could over rule is if ball hit the ground,...Cant over rule what the ref called

The rulebook also states when a simultaneous catch is ruled, you can't review who made the catch. You can only review if it was complete or incomplete.