Say what you want about Jerry Jones!!!

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

A least he can find Running backs and players who can play. Captain Pikes tired act needs to hit the road!!!

Pucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We supposedly have the talent, but not coaching or management to make it work. It starts with Thompson. His job is to supply the coach with players that can play, this also means replacing the injury riddled roster with good players, not practice squad people who are not starters.
The coach must design plays that work for his players ability and provide drive and leadership.
This obviously is not the case in Green Bay.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. TT is bringing in players that don't seem to fit what MM wants to do and MM won't taylor the offense and Dom the defense to what those players do (Dom has been better about it but he almost has to rebuild players after they are drafted like Datone and Perry).

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson has been a better GM than Jones for years.

Half a season doesn't over rule all that.

If Jones was the Packers GM, the forum would have wanted him fired years ago.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And please tell me how many playoffs wins and Super Bowls the Cowboys have since 2000?

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Jerry still has plenty of time to screw the Cowboys up. I'm hoping for a repeat of the 1999 Bills fiasco where Wade Phillips started Rob Johnson instead of Flutie (who got them to the playoffs) and lost. I love a good train wreck when it comes to the Cowboys.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Jerry still has plenty of time to screw the Cowboys up. I'm hoping for a repeat of the 1999 Bills fiasco where Wade Phillips started Rob Johnson instead of Flutie (who got them to the playoffs) and lost. I love a good train wreck when it comes to the Cowboys.
You and I both!

We've been treated to several of those in recent years.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas has a nucleus in place right now to be truly dominant on the offensive side of the ball for the next 10 years. Their OL is elite and now they have a elite RB running behind it that is even better then DeMarco Murray was. NOW they seem to have found themselves a young franchise QB to carry them into the next decade or so. Dak Prescott is another Russell Wilson type and Dallas will have the luxury of riding his rookie contract for 3-4 years putting that money elsewhere. Also, if Romo is traded or retires at the end of this season, Dallas saves like 23-24 million in cap space..........

I hate to say it, but Dallas is a elite pass rusher away now of having the undisputed best team in the NFL. I see them AT THE VERY LEAST, getting to the Super Bowl within 3 years (if not THIS year). So if they get a pass rusher in the off season, watch out. Dallas might have a run here similar to what we saw in the 1990s.

Ezekiel Elliott is the real deal. Hes an MVP caliber player.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but Dallas is a elite pass rusher away now of having the undisputed best team in the NFL. I see them AT THE VERY LEAST, getting to the Super Bowl within 3 years (if not THIS year). So if they get a pass rusher in the off season, watch out. Dallas might have a run here similar to what we saw in the 1990s...

Yes, but they will be drafting near the bottom this year and will almost certainly draft a defensive player that does not fit their scheme. Then, they must make a round peg fit a square hole and wait until they mature into a seasoned veteran only to lose them after their rookie contract expires and the team moves to the next rookie or UDFA to fill that spot.

Oh, wait, that's how the Packers org works. Never mind.

:D

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Remember also that the Cowboys have Jaylon Smith sitting on IR. They don't even need him playing this year, but when he is ready, if he is able to play like he did at Notre Dame, look out!

La'el Collins is also sitting on IR. He was an absolute steal in the whole draft fiasco that surrounded him, a gamble some thought, but like Jaylon Smith, could have been a well played dice roll.

Rolando McClain is also sitting this season out so far.

Randy Gregory seemed to be a steal, but turns out, he may just be the guy everyone thought he was.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can understand how the OP might feel.
I could be a bandwagon fan of the Cowboys myself.
Or could it be the Sea Hawks?
Just whoever is in first place but not the cheating **** SB "winning" Patriots.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, but they will be drafting near the bottom this year and will almost certainly draft a defensive player that does not fit their scheme. Then, they must make a round peg fit a square hole and wait until they mature into a seasoned veteran only to lose them after their rookie contract expires and the team moves to the next rookie or UDFA to fill that spot.

Oh, wait, that's how the Packers org works. Never mind.

:D
if it makes you feel any better.. I don't think the Packers will be drafting at the bottom of the first round this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

Remember also that the Cowboys have Jaylon Smith sitting on IR. They don't even need him playing this year, but when he is ready, if he is able to play like he did at Notre Dame, look out!

La'el Collins is also sitting on IR. He was an absolute steal in the whole draft fiasco that surrounded him, a gamble some thought, but like Jaylon Smith, could have been a well played dice roll.

Rolando McClain is also sitting this season out so far.

Randy Gregory seemed to be a steal, but turns out, he may just be the guy everyone thought he was.

Agreed about Smith and Collins possibly being improvements for the Cowboys in the long run but both McClain and Gregory are major headaches they better get rid of sooner than later.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last edited:

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This Cowboy team feels vastly different though. This Dak is a heck of a young QB and Ezekiel speaks for himself.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there's a way to screw this up, Uncle Jerruh will find it.

Except he doesn't run that organization from a personnel standpoint anymore. Stephen Jones does. Jerry just signs the contracts now.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except he doesn't really run that organization from a personnel standpoint anymore. Stephen Jones does. Jerry just signs the contracts now.
I would add that he can upset the applecart at any time with his mouth and ego.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would add that he can upset the applecart at any time with his mouth and ego.

I'm not exactly sure where his mouth or ego have gotten in the way since that Jimmy Johnson debacle. Jerry's biggest fault over the years is that hes a bad personnel decision maker and doesn't draft well. This is why his son runs that organization as the De facto GM now.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure where his mouth or ego have gotten in the way since that Jimmy Johnson debacle. Jerry's biggest fault over the years is that hes a bad personnel decision maker and doesn't draft well. This is why his son runs that organization as the De facto GM now.

Check out a site such as sportspyder.com. Not so much lately, but for a while he couldn't go 3 days without saying something stupid.
He's an attention *****.

Members online

Latest posts