Savage, Dillon, Gary = Collins, Starks, Zombo...but BETTER

D

Deleted member 6794

Coaches at all levels correctly evaluate players at all positions. It’s their most basic job.

I'm sorry but there's no way to fairly evaluate a running back without tackling being allowed.

Teams not having any preseason games definitely made it more difficult to make roster decisions at the end of camp this year.

There were a lot of front office members and coaches from various teams mentioning it.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coaches at all levels correctly evaluate players at all positions. It’s their most basic job.

Wanted to see if the first sentence is worded the way you want it to be. I'm not much into the basics of sports, but you're telling me that coaches don't make mistakes in evaluating talent? Before wasting time on a plethora of examples, is that what you were saying?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but there's no way to fairly evaluate a running back without tackling being allowed.

This isn't really true, you can evaluate the cuts the gap selection and the way he moves. It might not be the best evaluation, then again there's a reason that they run drills at the Combine and pre draft exhibition game camps.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Wanted to see if the first sentence is worded the way you want it to be. I'm not much into the basics of sports, but you're telling me that coaches don't make mistakes in evaluating talent? Before wasting time on a plethora of examples, is that what you were saying?
No, but they do it correctly more often than not or they are losing their job.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Teams not having any preseason games definitely made it more difficult to make roster decisions at the end of camp this year.

There were a lot of front office members and coaches from various teams mentioning it.
Agree that it was more difficult for sure. I don’t agree it was close to impossible.

D

Deleted member 6794

This isn't really true, you can evaluate the cuts the gap selection and the way he moves. It might not be the best evaluation, then again there's a reason that they run drills at the Combine and pre draft exhibition game camps.

It's possible to evaluate some things about a running back in practice but there's no way to figure out anythibg about his reads, vision or how he desls with contact.

No, but they do it correctly more often than not or they are losing their job.

There are a lot of coaches fired every single year. I guess they weren't able to fulfill even their most basic job.

As a side note, I was replying to tynimiller's comment about Dillon always having shown soft hands since arriving in Green Bay.

Sonething he definitely can't have any idea about as there weren't any practices open to the public nor any preseason games being played.

Agree that it was more difficult for sure. I don’t agree it was close to impossible.

My point is that it's impossible to evaluate how a running back desls with contact without tackling being allowed. That should be pretty obvious.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible to evaluate some things about a running back in practice but there's no way to figure out anythibg about his reads, vision or how he desls with contact.

There are a lot of coaches fired every single year. I guess they weren't able to fulfill even their most basic job.

As a side note, I was replying to tynimiller's comment about Dillon always having shown soft hands since arriving in Green Bay.

Sonething he definitely can't have any idea about as there weren't any practices open to the public nor any preseason games being played.

My point is that it's impossible to evaluate how a running back desls with contact without tackling being allowed. That should be pretty obvious.
You didn’t say that originally. You made a blanket statement that it was impossible to evaluate.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kevin King dropped INT... just terrible

I mean get a guy opposite J'aire ..for real

But it will depend on what King is wanting...often injured, above average at best... maybe he stays for cheap?

Overall the D looks great though

D

Deleted member 6794

You didn’t say that originally. You made a blanket statement that it was impossible to evaluate.

I was replying to another poster proclaiming that Dillon has showed soft hands ever since arriving in Green Bay.

You were the one including the coaching staff for no reason.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I guess I just assumed that you were referring to coaches evaluating RB’s. It really doesn’t matter what we think. We are only privy to what we see during games.

Latest posts