Saturday Released

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While this won't get the attention of the Woodson or Driver threads (and probably won't even warrant a sticky), it's worth mentioning that the Packers released Jeff Saturday as anticipated so that he can retire as a Colt. I for one am comfortable with what Jeff did for us this season. Sure his run blocking wasn't good, but we lost Wells and were up a creek without a center for MVP Rodgers. Saturday was brought in to bridge the gap until we either developed a new center or found a suitably younger player in FA.

Saturday held the ship together until later in the season and then gave way to Dietrich-Smith, who seems to have revived his career and was a solid starter late in the season. Saturday did what we needed, was a classy guy, and I am proud that he was a Green Bay Packer - even if for just one season.

Good luck in retirement Jeff. You deserve it

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting.

It constantly intrigues me how little professional teams actually act, well, like teams. The stories about hanging out and RBs buying OL dinner are nice, but they make the papers more for their rarity than anything else. Coaching staffs can't force their players to hang out and be friends. They encourage it via training camp, roommates on roadtrips, etc. Players need to step up to create that bond that truly makes a team play like a team.

Who knows, maybe Saturday's phone number exchange will have an effect down the line.

Members online

Latest posts