1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Santa does exist.

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Raptorman, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +835
    Don't think I have shared this with you guys.

Santa Claus. He does exist, I have seen him. It was Christmas Eve, I was 7 years old, it was me and my 5 sisters at the time. I did not know it at the time but money was tight in our family. Dad had not worked for a couple of months and mom was just finishing class to go to work at the hospital. (I found this out later in life.) The snow had started that afternoon and by 5:30 there was several inches on the ground. The doorbell rang and my mother went to the door. He walked in with a bag over his shoulder. He knew our names, our ages and what grade we were in. He gave us each a stocking filled with small toys and candy. His beard was real, his red suit was perfect, (according to my mother) the only thing he did not have was a sleigh and reindeer. To this day, more then 40 years later, we have never been able to find anyone who claims to know him. All we know is he drove a green '55 Chevy. So in my eyes, and until someone can tell me the who he was, he was, and always will be, Santa.

Edit: So, I was talking with my mom about this the other day and she told me some more. This same Santa hit several more house's on our block as well as a couple of my cousin's house's that night. And no one knows who he was. The only thing we all had in common was each family had at least one kid in the same Elementary School that I was going to and each family was not doing well financially.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,063
    Must be a regional thing because as a kid, Santa used to come to our house as well and it was just as you describe from my vantage point as a kid as well. I am a skeptic by nature yet, I'm here to back Raptor 100%....Santa does indeed exist.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,024
    Santa does not NEED to go to the homes were the parents or family / community can provide. As has been pointed out by most 10 year olds and other non-believers, he cannot do every home in the world in 36 hours. I believe he goes to the homes of true believers where he is needed the most and lets the rest take care of themselves. The OP was one of those as a child.
    http://www.newseum.org/yesvirginia/

4. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +483
    Be realistic how could there be a Santa??? The odds, just can NOT. Yes, only for believers. You have to be young at heart.

5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I know Santa exists because I just saw him in the movie Elf the other night.
    And when he isn't being Santa he is being Ed Asner.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Ol' Saint Nick is the saint of prostitution.....hence the reason he yells "Ho ho ho"..... he is just calling his girls back for a quick pay day.

• Like Like x 1
  7. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,876
    I wish there was an applause button. Great story and I believe too

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,876
    Beware you don`t get visited by three ghosts on Christmas Eve Dan ;)

9. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +835
    Oh, I have seen a ghost as well. The same one, three different times.

10. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,876
    Haven`t seen one, but definately heard one. several times

11. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,024
    Same here.