Sander released

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Sanders released

Great job breaking the story, kid!

McCarthy likes letting guys worry about the job at hand, and not looking over their shoulder. Just perform. No questions now.

I like it!

I am glad to see the worst 3rd round pick ever cut, and we can try and forget about that era.

edit - it is "Sander" not "Sanders" so you should change that or someone will attack you for it, or get confused and think DC Bob Sanders got released!

OP
OP
R

rob836

Cheesehead
Reaction score

kID? lol. Well there a waste of 2 Draft picks

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The stench of the Sherman as GM era is a little less pungent with this release.

Who was the other 3rd we picked in that year....Donnell Washington.

Niiiiiiiice!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Worst third round pick ever? Let's not get carried away. Isn't there an active thread about Maurice Clarrett on this board?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yep, TT\MM are putting their stamp on the team, be it good or bad...and thats cool to see.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Funny I thought Sander kicked pretty decent the other night. We had 2 crappy punters, one had to go.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
Nope......just not simplistic enough to call it the worst third round pick ever.

im simplistic for my tongue-in-cheek comments? Ok. I see someone is in "defend mike sherman" mode. Ill let you be.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I didn't mention Sherman, but now we all see your motive for the statement. It was a bad pick, just not the "worst third rould pick ever". Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
I didn't mention Sherman,

you didnt need to, and you know it. we know where you stand with your dude. You supported him as i do TT. its no secret. relax.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
Worst third round pick ever? Let's not get carried away. Isn't there an active thread about Maurice Clarrett on this board?

De - I think James Lee and Donnell Washington belong in this canoe as well. Of course Shanahan only has one, our man Sherman has three.

Reaction score
Dak, Washington, Lee and Sander all contributed in real game action in the NFL. Lee and Washington had a willingness to improve, and so did Sander. Neither was tupid enough to show up at the comine fat, fight the NFL system, and cry like a baby. Above all else, only MoClo was stupid enough to bring alcohol into the weight room, and imply to his coaches he was "going to get his goose on" on multiple occasions. Also, as far as I know, Lee/Wasington/BJ haven't been in jail or charged for having a trunk full of weapons and on route to apparently do damage to a potential witness.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AA, Sander can have the willingness and goal to improve all he wants, but if you dont have what it takes to be good, you're wasting everyones time.

At this point in his career, as a 3rd round pick, he shoulda been far more developed that he is, and not losing out to a noname kid like Jon Ryan.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

all about da packers said:
Actually trom, Depack was talking about MoClo being a worse pick than BJ. He didn't deny BJ was a bad pick, rather not the worst ever.

Clarret was a horrible pick but it was a pick that was given to Denver by the league.

Sherman traded up to get Sander.

So pending the point of view, they both were pretty bad. Frankly who cares. Neither of them have a job now.

I guess out of the 2 Sander is the likely to find a spot somewhere.

Members online

Latest posts