1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Sander or Barker at punter next season?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packersfan43084, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Packersfan43084

Packersfan43084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know the punter situation for Green Bay. I think Barker is a free agent but im not completely positive on that. Do you guys think BJ Sander has what it takes to a starting punter? GO PACK!!!!!!

2. fondypackfan

fondypackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would say there is no way Barker is back he didn't perform real well this year if Sander doesn't show something in camp I am sure we will pick up another FA.

3. BrettFavre4MVP

BrettFavre4MVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope neither of those is our punter next year.

4. gotarace27

gotarace27 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Look for this guy to be punting for the Packers next season. If Sherman was smart he would have cut sander's after training camp and taken his lumps.

Green Bay - The Green Bay Packers have signed a free-agent punter with more experience and comparable ability to B.J. Sander, and it didn

5. BrettFavre4MVP

BrettFavre4MVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Could that be the guy who finally kicks Sander completely OFF the 53-man roster? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

6. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Any idea if this Baynard can kick off too? That would be a huge advantage if he could.

7. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    When was the last time we had a Punter/Kicker who could nail it in the 5-yard-line area?

8. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Barker is a free agent. I saw earlier, that,believe it or not,he is one of the best free agents!!
    But with two second round pick,maybe Sherman will talk Ted into drafting another! :roll: :hammer: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I think we should have Rossley punt in hopes he gets sick of punting and the packers get better play call selection.

10. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    To dream the impossible dream... but "hey" I'm with ya!
    Hell -maybe he'll have to be put on the IR list for the rest of 2005.... :twisted:

11. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    a 500k bonus for a punter :roll: kickers should only speak when spoken too and not be drafted high and given bonuses.

12. ohiopacker

ohiopacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know what happened at last years mini camp - but BJ Sander was a great punter coming out of Ohio State - I'm a Buckeye and go to all the games - his senior stats - 43.3 AVG. of his 82 punts -39 were inside the 20 (48%) which led the nation - - 16 other punts were fair caught - only 31 were returned - in addition he won the Ray Guy award as the nations best punter . The Packers used a 3rd round pick on him , i think they better give him another shot . Another Buckeye punter from the 2002 National Championship team , Andy Groom - averaged 45 yards per punt , I'm suprised that nobody has picked him up .

GO PACK :mrgreen:

13. Bettie_Page

Bettie_Page Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One of the biggest reasons why the Packers are sending BJ Sander to europe is that many on the team believe he wouldn't make it past the first cut-down and by sending him to europe gives him a free pass and another preseason game to prove himself.