San Diego Tailgate Information - Its Go Time

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anybody know what time the stadium actually opens? I wanna get there early and check out our seats. And are you allowed to come and go as you please as long as you have your ticket?
looks like this is your first game ever .........2hrs before kickoff is when the gates open........go to the chargers website for additional info

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hoping to get together with some Packer Fans on Saturday and begin the celebration early. Or after the game. Anyone doing anything?

ozbuc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hoping to get together with some Packer Fans on Saturday and begin the celebration early. Or after the game. Anyone doing anything?

I will be there Saturday night. My wife and I will be hanging out at one of the many San Diego bars that have a great craft beer selection. We are staying at the Marriott that is just a short Trolley ride to the stadium.

ozbuc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Riders alert! My wife and I were going to take the train to S.D. But it looks like track work is going to shut down trains that weekend. This just a heads up for anyone considering that option.

V

vav

Hey everyone - looking forward to this epic tailgate and game! Thanks to the organizers for all the work! I just joined up but have been following this thread for a while and have already emailed realcaliforniacheese - so I am on the "list". We are sitting in Plaza 54 - anyone else in that area?

Any of the out of towners staying down around the gas lamp area and heading to the packers everywhere event saturday night? What is the best way to get there cab?

Also for the locals would it be better to take the Orange Line Trolley on gameday from Gaslamp to Grossmont then transfer to Green Line to Qualcomm or go through Old Town? I know its longer but maybe less crowded?

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also for the locals would it be better to take the Orange Line Trolley on gameday from Gaslamp to Grossmont then transfer to Green Line to Qualcomm or go through Old Town? I know its longer but maybe less crowded?

I wouldn't recommend the first option, it'll take WAY too long. Jumping on the trolley at Old Town is your best bet, if you are thinking about tailgating it shouldn't be too crowded 'cause you're leaving earlier to the stadium so you beat the rush (around 11:45 am-12:20 pm)

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know what time the stadium actually opens? I wanna get there early and check out our seats. And are you allowed to come and go as you please as long as you have your ticket?

No, once you go in, you can not leave. I believe it opens 2 hours before the game. (could 1.5 hours before)

AR12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend the first option, it'll take WAY too long. Jumping on the trolley at Old Town is your best bet, if you are thinking about tailgating it shouldn't be too crowded 'cause you're leaving earlier to the stadium so you beat the rush (around 11:45 am-12:20 pm)

This is very helpful information, thank you!!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
i was actually going to put frozen before the Tundra. But I thought any true Pac fan would subliminally get it. And true they did..Im going to be in San Diego on Saturday, whats your plan?
I am spending all day Saturday, Cooking and preparing for the tailgate. Never cooked for 100 people before. You going to the Packerfans everywhere rally? You are going to be the envy of everyone.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
If anybody has any killer recipes for Guacamole or Salsa you'd like to bring that would be great. I bought 4 giant bags of tortilla chips from costco but have not found any store bought salsas that are tailgate worthy.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
i was actually going to put frozen before the Tundra. But I thought any true Pac fan would subliminally get it. And true they did..Im going to be in San Diego on Saturday, whats your plan?
I put on my skinits last night, what a pain in the A** to get them on with out wrinkles or bubbles. I guess you need to do this alot and have some patience. Next truck is going to be Green and I am going your way Matt.

tiffyanne1803

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't wait for this weekend! Will be staying Saturday - Monday at the mission valley marriott. Going to the rally Saturday and who knows what after and taking the trolley in the morning to meet up with everyone for the tailgate party! If you want to get togther let me know!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with that!! Thanks so much for everything, and ditto on the offer for help. just let us know!

GO PACK GO
This is a labor of love. When I started going around all the forums and sites back in August trying to fire people up I thought it was going to just be a bunch of so cal people getting together and tailgating. The majority of people are coming from out of state and out of country. We Cheese Heads who are dispersed around the country don't often get to bond with our bretheren unless we are lucky enough to have a strong packer bar near us or we go to Green Bay. So far we have Cheese heads coming from Newfoundland and Alberta Canada, Georgia, Arkansas, Texas, Arizona, Nevada, Northern Cal (which should be a separate state), Washington, Alaska and Wisconsin and every day I am getting emails from people wanting to come. Our biggest issue is space. We need space so If you can meetup at the hill at 8:30 to drive in please do so. Right now by my last count we are looking at almost 100 people coming to our little soiree.

Sundays our chance to gather, Bond, make new friends and
PARTY, BECAUSE THE UNDEFEATED SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PACKERS ARE GOING TO ROCK SAN DIEGO!!!!!

Wills29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a labor of love. When I started going around all the forums and sites back in August trying to fire people up I thought it was going to just be a bunch of so cal people getting together and tailgating. The majority of people are coming from out of state and out of country. We Cheese Heads who are dispersed around the country don't often get to bond with our bretheren unless we are lucky enough to have a strong packer bar near us or we go to Green Bay. So far we have Cheese heads coming from Newfoundland and Alberta Canada, Georgia, Arkansas, Texas, Arizona, Nevada, Northern Cal (which should be a separate state), Washington, Alaska and Wisconsin and every day I am getting emails from people wanting to come. Our biggest issue is space. We need space so If you can meetup at the hill at 8:30 to drive in please do so. Right now by my last count we are looking at almost 100 people coming to our little soiree.

PARTY, BECAUSE THE UNDEFEATED SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PACKERS ARE GOING TO ROCK SAN DIEGO!!!!!

My wife and I will definitely stop by so better make it 102!!

NACHOMAN

Sailing the seas of cheese
Reaction score

How many people do you think are going to meet at the hill in the morning?

NACHOMAN

Sailing the seas of cheese
Reaction score
Can't wait for this weekend! Will be staying Saturday - Monday at the mission valley marriott. Going to the rally Saturday and who knows what after and taking the trolley in the morning to meet up with everyone for the tailgate party! If you want to get togther let me know!
My wife and I will be at the The Kings Inn on Saturday and most likely going to the rally. If so, a cab seems to be a good idea. Driving around after a few in a packer vinyled vehicle could be a bust. Im not sure how late the trolleys go, but i have been stranded in the Gas Lamp on Saturday nights before.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we will be golden. Are they strict on how much space you take up.

Since we get in there right when the gates open we can usually block off/save a couple of spots. But as the lot fills up, they will tell you to move your stuff to make room for more cars.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts