San Diego Tailgate Information - Its Go Time

BoltNut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I've got to get ready to go. Time to venture to Qualcomm before all you Packer fans turn the place into "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood".

No matter how thing go today, I've really enjoyed being on your message board these past few days. Thank you for inviting me into "your house" for a visit. I try to do this with most teams message boards during game week, but I have to say that this visit has been exceptional. Thanks again for make this a great week. Best of luck to you all for the rest of the season.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
My reference to those examples are more to do with location. The devotion of eastern team fans seem to be much more obvious than we see out here. I was speaking rather generally. I've thought it had something to do with a longer history, but when I look at Chief fans, or Bronco fans, it's a similar thing. The only thing that seems to make sense regarding the San Diego "fan-base" is that this is such a transient area.

We used to hear that from Tampa fans as well - they'd also say that "There's so much to do here....". Before they imposed their limits on tickets that would be sold to Wisconsin zip codes. :) Honest to gawd ... they did. Their old stadium used to be 70% Packers fans in the mid-90's. Me included. The Vikings made individual ticket buyers purchase pre-season game tickets as part of a package...

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the Packers come out onto the field for warm ups.....the Packer fans(me and the two girls) will stand up, applaud and get extremly loud. Then you will hear boos from the "home crowd". Of course the Packer crowd will drown out the "home crowd". When the Chargers come out for their warm ups, you won't hear much from the "home crowd". This is how it goes for this fairweather fan base. Yes there are diehards, but for the most part, they only come out of thier closets when they are winning. I'm sure this has to do with this being a military town. This goes hand in hand with the Padres too. I doubt there will ever be a World Series or SuperBowl Champion from this city. The Packer crowd needs to take the Chargers crowd out of the game from the get go. Cause thier OL to false start, have the Chargers go three and out. Once the boos start coming from the Chargers side,,game over.
Nothing like being at a home game on the road!!! And be classy!

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish that I could be there! I'll be checking to see if Qualcomm becomes Lambeau Field West. I want to see our defense pumping their fists to amp up the crowd noise. I want to see SD false starting due to crowd noise. I want to hear Kuuuuuuuhn echoing in the stadium! Most importantly I want to hear "Go Pack Go" drowning out the TV commentators!

Everybody have fun, stay safe and make Packers fans at home proud of your efforts. :)

edgar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so my alarm never went off and now im just leaving los Angeles..

WhiteHouseOn3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still crossing my fingers for a live stream! We should get #occupyqualcomm trending on twitter.. just saying! ;)

If someone could get a short video on Packer's introduction vs Chargers introduction from the view of the stands I'd LOVE to see that. Proud of our west coast fans- y'all are diehard!!! The players are gonna love it!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I've got to get ready to go. Time to venture to Qualcomm before all you Packer fans turn the place into "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood".

No matter how thing go today, I've really enjoyed being on your message board these past few days. Thank you for inviting me into "your house" for a visit. I try to do this with most teams message boards during game week, but I have to say that this visit has been exceptional. Thanks again for make this a great week. Best of luck to you all for the rest of the season.
You give respect and you get it in return.

We have had our share of bitter and disrespectful fans of other teams check in here which were the majority last season.
Since the Pack is doing so awesome this time, that keeps the trolls away.
It was nice to have you and you have a good attitude towards your team.
Regardless of who wins or loses or how the game goes I hope you come back for some post game non-gloating chatter.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a blast!!!!! Just got back home, tailgate was EPIC! I met several PF members, everyone was cool. Brats and Packer punch were aweswome! I didn't make the rally on Saturday night, but I heard it was BANANAS!!!! Respect to the Bolts, they gave are D all they could handle. Glad we got the W!:tup:

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
what happened with the live feed?? did it finally work?? Did any take pic's??? lol... we just got back from the bar...GREAT GAME!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to thank eveyone that put this spread on... I will post a link to my photobucket page for all to see... Tailgate and game pics...
Me too, thanks to everyone of course RealCaliCheese as that kinda thing is a BEATDOWN and a lot of work. I enjoyed meeting MrsRealCaliCheese too. What a great time, despite the irritating little drizzle.

Next meetup: Indianapolis in early February?

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
here is some of the pics I got. Face book link to my album. The game is on NFL network tonight at 6:30 west coast time.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2574443446121.146482.1405360240&type=1&l=beb898b6fa

Its funny how you can spot green and yellow anything,... (laundry cart/ door) but how crazy that your room was green and yellow too!!!
Great pic's!! Looks like everyone had a great time... in pic #39 i think... someone looked very unsure about gettting his picture taken! LOL!

How precious was that little girl!!!! Now I REALLY want a grand baby!!!!:inlove:

Members online

Latest posts