San Diego Tailgate Information - Its Go Time

JPEG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am new to the site, but am pumped to hear about a gathering of the Cheeseheads before/after the game. I am coming solo from the San Francisco area and will be taking the trolley in. I will bring some donations and brewskies. I thought I was already excited enough for the game, but reading this forum has only multiplied that 100 times! HELL YEA!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My godson (cousin) is attending the game...He does work for the Packers at home games (wont say where) but told him about this met up so he prob will show up

Treat him nice!!

River918

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm nervous also, that's why I'm gonna get to the gate by 10am and make sure my tickets work. Since they are club seats, the holder is allowed to enter the stadium 3 hours before kickoff. If they don't work, I will be on the phone with stub-hub right away to make other arrangements. A buddy of mine had bad tickets from stub-hub last year and they were great. They arranged better seats and refunded not only the price of the first tickets, but 50% of the replacement ones.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm nervous also, that's why I'm gonna get to the gate by 10am and make sure my tickets work. Since they are club seats, the holder is allowed to enter the stadium 3 hours before kickoff. If they don't work, I will be on the phone with stub-hub right away to make other arrangements. A buddy of mine had bad tickets from stub-hub last year and they were great. They arranged better seats and refunded not only the price of the first tickets, but 50% of the replacement ones.

You've had problems with stubhub? Wow! I used them several times, and I've always received legit tickets. I tend to agree with it being a scare tactic, I've also purchased tickets via craigslist and never had any problems either. When the ad states they are season ticket holder, I ALWAYS ask for an email or receipt from the Chargers, no seller has ever made a fuss about providing documentation.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news. Everyone will be able to look for our landmark in the parking lot. I bought a custom flag that will be flying about 20' in the air above our tailgate. Here is what it will look like:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I look forward to see a number of you at the tailgate!

ALSO, for those NOT attending the tailgate and wishing you could be there. I "might" have something for you as well. ;) Stay tuned...

River918

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've had problems with stubhub? Wow! I used them several times, and I've always received legit tickets. I tend to agree with it being a scare tactic, I've also purchased tickets via craigslist and never had any problems either. When the ad states they are season ticket holder, I ALWAYS ask for an email or receipt from the Chargers, no seller has ever made a fuss about providing documentation.

No, personally I have not. It was a buddy that did. Apparently when he tried to get into the Qualcomm last year he was told the tickets he was using had already been presented at the gate. The seller later advised stub-hub he "Accidently" sold the same tickets twice on their site... Personally, I have never used stub-hub before this coming weekend and am hoping for the best.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I am new to the site, but am pumped to hear about a gathering of the Cheeseheads before/after the game. I am coming solo from the San Francisco area and will be taking the trolley in. I will bring some donations and brewskies. I thought I was already excited enough for the game, but reading this forum has only multiplied that 100 times! HELL YEA!!!
Are you gonna bring that Keg???

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Good news. Everyone will be able to look for our landmark in the parking lot. I bought a custom flag that will be flying about 20' in the air above our tailgate. Here is what it will look like:

ALSO, for those NOT attending the tailgate and wishing you could be there. I "might" have something for you as well. ;) Stay tuned...
I will be right across from robdog and I am going to be sending a big bunch of green and yellow balloons up as high as they will go before the line starts weighing them down. So you should be able to see them from across the parking lot to get your general directional bearings towards us. I am also going to have a flag pole up with the XLV Champions Flag and the G Logo flag flying proudly.

tiffyanne1803

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who mentioned that they were staying at the Marriot in Mission Valley and was intrested in all cabbing over to the rally let me know if you still want to try and do that. :)

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
My Truck went in the shop yesterday. Apparently the fuel pump I had replaced 3 months ago is defective. Glad I decided to get it checked out before sunday. If it had broken down on the way to the game I would be devistated. Probably would call AAA and say tow me to Qualcomm.

But since I am stuck at home today making good use of time putting all my shopping lists together and checklists. I am starting the 120 jello shooters. The yellow ones will taste like lemon drop Martini's and the Green ones are coconut rum.

Last night When I was getting the Alcohol for the shooters and the punch at bevmo I was checking out the beer section. They had Pabst Blue Ribbon, Shiltz and Hamm's. I Didn't even know Hamm's was still around. I remember the bear and the jingles from the TV commercials from when I was a kid. The Shiltz says it is the 60's recipe. So I loaded up. This tailgate is going old school Milwaukee breweries beer.

Now my wife pointed out to me, "what if it tastes like Sh**" to which I retorted how much Sh**tier could it taste than bud light. So to be fair I am conducting a taste test this evening. I am putting the old school Milwaukee beers up against the New age crap and may the best beer win. After I have consumed the 5 beers I plan on taste testing the Jello shooters.

I have a feeling, that tonight's going to be a good night.

tiffyanne1803

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Truck went in the shop yesterday. Apparently the fuel pump I had replaced 3 months ago is defective. Glad I decided to get it checked out before sunday. If it had broken down on the way to the game I would be devistated. Probably would call AAA and say tow me to Qualcomm.

But since I am stuck at home today making good use of time putting all my shopping lists together and checklists. I am starting the 120 jello shooters. The yellow ones will taste like lemon drop Martini's and the Green ones are coconut rum.

Last night When I was getting the Alcohol for the shooters and the punch at bevmo I was checking out the beer section. They had Pabst Blue Ribbon, Shiltz and Hamm's. I Didn't even know Hamm's was still around. I remember the bear and the jingles from the TV commercials from when I was a kid. The Shiltz says it is the 60's recipe. So I loaded up. This tailgate is going old school Milwaukee breweries beer.

Now my wife pointed out to me, "what if it tastes like Sh**" to which I retorted how much Sh**tier could it taste than bud light. So to be fair I am conducting a taste test this evening. I am putting the old school Milwaukee beers up against the New age crap and may the best beer win. After I have consumed the 5 beers I plan on taste testing the Jello shooters.

I have a feeling, that tonight's going to be a good night.
The jello shots will be great! You will be surprised how fast 120 of them go!! I have now made them 3 parties in a row and have made about 200 each time and they are gone! The malibu is good with the green jello. I have never made lemon drop ones! Intrested in trying the beers. I already know I rather drink bud light over PBR! I am young and have never heard of the others. I am used to the new age crap I guess. lol. Give me a blue moon or hef.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
The jello shots will be great! You will be surprised how fast 120 of them go!! I have now made them 3 parties in a row and have made about 200 each time and they are gone! The malibu is good with the green jello. I have never made lemon drop ones! Intrested in trying the beers. I already know I rather drink bud light over PBR! I am young and have never heard of the others. I am used to the new age crap I guess. lol. Give me a blue moon or hef.
I'm a dark beer guy myself. Newcastle mainly. Can't afford to buy good stuff for over 100 people though. Bought the stuff for the Jello shooters when I thought we would have about 60 people. They are going to be desert. After all the beer and the punch. I'll make sure there is some bud light or blue moon in the cooler for you.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, raining right now in the OC, but it is going to be fine when Sunday rolls around, trust me. ;)

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Wow I just looked, I forgot I put in for two orders of cups. Ok so I am glad you told me how quick those go. I just doubled the number.

NACHOMAN

Sailing the seas of cheese
Reaction score
Yeah, raining right now in the OC, but it is going to be fine when Sunday rolls around, trust me. ;)
Day light savings time is over this weekend. From the research I have done it goes into effect Sunday morning at 2:00 am. That means set your clocks back an hour Saturday night before you go to bed. Please correct me if I am wrong. Just thought that everyone should know this ,pass it along.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Day light savings time is over this weekend. From the research I have done it goes into effect Sunday morning at 2:00 am. That means set your clocks back an hour Saturday night before you go to bed. Please correct me if I am wrong. Just thought that everyone should know this ,pass it along.

Great point! And yeah, you are correct!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

A free packer ticket to an up coming game?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
:x3: I can't wait till SUNDAY!

This HAS to be the game of the season!!! I'm so excited for everyone getting to go!

Never had a jello shot before, but may have to have one in honor of the Packerforum getting all together!

*RCC... I can just see you getting towed into the stadium! You and all your Packer gear!

Staff online

Latest posts