San Diego Tailgate Information - Its Go Time

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you need tickets, get them here:
http://www.seathound.com/event/2011-11-06-san-diego-chargers-vs-green-bay-packers-tickets-280147

Alright, I know that I said I would organize this over the weekend, but I got a little to pumped up so here is the info's.

Map 1: Meetup Point to Caravan into Stadium:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You will notice a red marker on the map. Here are the directions that I take from Orange County. You can jump in where you recognize the direction:
  • 5 - South
  • 805 - South
  • 8 - East (stay to the right! 15 North comes up quick)
  • 15 - North
  • Exit Friars Road EAST
  • Left on Santo Rd.
  • Find us on the HILL
We are meeting on the hill at 8:30am. We will not be leaving the hill until 8:55am but it would be nice to get there a bit sooner so we can hang out and discuss the entry game plan. (which is posted below) The hill is plenty big for a number of cars and we can park on the side of the road till it is go time.

The entry plan is simple. At 8:55am, I will start the charge to the parking lot in the slow lane. (There are 3 lanes going down Friars Road.) For some reason EVERYONE piles up into the fast lane and the middle lane, but that is not necessary. We will be driving in the slow UNTIL we pass under a bridge. After passing under the bridge, our caravan will merge one lane over to the left. NOTE: this is not a OMG I HAVE TO CUT SOMEONE off type thing. There is another lane coming down from the bridge that merges in as well, so it is no big deal.

At that point we will be in the proper lane to make the left hand turn into the stadium to pay for parking. ($25 for parking in the stadium per car)

Map 2: Meetup Point Once Inside the Stadium:

This is pretty simple, once we pay we will loop around inside the parking lot to F4. I might have a little surprise to mark our territory, but one way or another, you will be able to find us right around F4.

I will have a Chevy Silverado with a DirecTV satellite dish at the END of F4. We basically park here because it is right next to the exit for an easy out after the game is over. Also, it gives my satellite dish a good view of the Southern sky for the Red Zone channel which is a MUST! :p

If you are coming from the air port, just tell taxi or whatever your transportation is to take you right to the stadium! Do not tell them to take you to the hill! Meet us at F4, we will be there by 9:05 at the latest.

Food/Drink Information:

I will have a bunch of drinks and food that I will be passing out as the day goes on till it runs out. I will also have my portable BBQ that anyone is more the welcome to use and get after. (it might be a little used and abused, but it works great!) I know lots of people will be bringing a number of different items that I am sure will be passed around.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT DRINKS!

You are not allowed to have glass in the parking lot! You can bring glass bottled drinks, but you will have to pour them into a plastic cup. So if your beverage of choice ONLY comes in a bottle MAKE SURE to bring plastic cups. I would hate for someone to get a ticket. (And yes, I have seen it done before.)

Fan Information:

There will be a number Charger fans running in and out of the tailgate. (some of which I am bringing) They are good peoples. So lets be nice to everyone. ;)

Surprise Information:

I MAY or MAY NOT have something to pass out to people in the parking lot that mention they are from PackerForum.com! :cool: I will confirm in this thread if it comes through, but for now, it is a GO!

If you have another questions, post them here and I hope to meet a number of you guys at the game!

Trolly Information:

Updated Answers to Questions:

Q: If I take the train in, can I meet up with you at the tail gate?
A: Yes, the map above shows where the train comes in, simple walk over to F4.

Q: If I take the train in, can I bring some alcohol?
A: Yes, you are allowed to bring alcohol on the train. I would suggest NOT drinking it on the train. :) (AND NO ONE UNDER 21 DRINKING PLEASE! Sorry have to say it.)

More Updates to Questions as I get them.

Dizzle498

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice one Robdog, I will be there...I heard this one could have a lot of points scored in it? I am pumped UP!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Thank You Robdog, you are a steely eyed missile man.I am going to have a ton of brats and beer for people flying in and anyone else for that matter. Just look for the White Avalanche with the Championship Flag flying high. I was going to do a keg but they have some pretty strict rules about that. This will be a Day of Days.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Anyway I can entice you to come to KC and do the same on Dec 18th?? lol!!!:sneaky:

I'll be with you guys in spirit FOR SURE! ... *old friend drinking smiley here!

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank You Robdog, you are a steely eyed missile man.I am going to have a ton of brats and beer for people flying in and anyone else for that matter. Just look for the White Avalanche with the Championship Flag flying high. I was going to do a keg but they have some pretty strict rules about that. This will be a Day of Days.

Mark, this is R MaN from Packerchatters.... I met you at the New Orleans game in September... It is my plan to take the trolly car right to the stadium... So I won't be meeting at the hill... I will look for section or location f4..... I would imagine I would be there at about 9 or so... I will be bring a charger fan with me...... I can help out financially as well....

John Dingeldein

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice one Robdog! You got it going on. I will be parking in a different section but will walk over that way with beers and smiles! I'll be sporting a Jermichael Finley jersey. We will definitely say hello.

GermantownFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Robdog!! I will forward this on to the other 5 in our group and let you know if we are going to meet you on the hill or if we are going to trolley in.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RobDog, is there a way I could e-mail your whole map post to someone? My brother-in-law in SD is putting together our day & I would like to offer him this option.

I would just email him the URL to this thread. It will be much easier.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, I update the original post with some additional information. Here is what I added:

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT DRINKS!

You are not allowed to have glass in the parking lot! You can bring glass bottled drinks, but you will have to pour them into a plastic cup. So if your beverage of choice ONLY comes in a bottle MAKE SURE to bring plastic cups. I would hate for someone to get a ticket. (And yes, I have seen it done before.)

Updated Answers to Questions:

Q: If I take the train in, can I meet up with you at the tail gate?
A: Yes, the map above shows where the train comes in, simple walk over to F4.

Q: If I take the train in, can I bring some alcohol?
A: Yes, you are allowed to bring alcohol on the train. I would suggest NOT drinking it on the train. :) (AND NO ONE UNDER 21 DRINKING PLEASE! Sorry have to say it.)

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
If your flying in and taking the train in let me know how many of your are coming. It has always been my intent to provide Brats, beer, soda's, water and some other stuff like a 5 gallon igloo full of adult punch. I need to get a head count of how many of you will be partaking so I can plan accordingly, PM me or email me at [email protected]. also let me know your preference for beer so I can have a good selection, I'm a dark ale guy myself. so if your flying in just bring your body's decked out in packer regalia just let me know how many of you will be coming by to feast and socialize. And even if you are not flying in come by anyway and have a beer or two or 3....

I am going to put out a coffee can, just throw in a couple bucks to help with the cost. This is going to be a Day of Day's

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm 90% sure I will be driving down from Phoenix for this game. I'm in the process of getting some tickets right now, but they are not going cheap at all :(

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm 90% sure I will be driving down from Phoenix for this game. I'm in the process of getting some tickets right now, but they are not going cheap at all :(

This is going to be a huge game for both teams. So tickets are going to be crazy expensive. If this was in flex time, this game would absolutely be flexed to the night game.

Packer Patrick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My brother and I will be coming out from Wisconsin to visit another brother that lives in SD and see the game. I'll put them onto this thread and we will try to meet up with you all one way or another. We were looking for some fellow Packer fans to get together with. Thanks for bringing this together!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
It's for a good cause though! You will forget that you woke up so early once you meet up with all of us at 8:30am!
It is for sure, I have no doubt I will be high as a kite (well not literally). I may not sleep the night before. By the time I make the 2 hr drive down, I will have consumed copious amounts of caffeine.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My brother and I will be coming out from Wisconsin to visit another brother that lives in SD and see the game. I'll put them onto this thread and we will try to meet up with you all one way or another. We were looking for some fellow Packer fans to get together with. Thanks for bringing this together!

Packer Patrick: I'm coming from Janesville WI..... Leaving 11/03 departing 11/08.... It will be cool to meet up...:)

PackerFever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Rman. Our group will be at least 6 plus I know of several others. We do have a parking permit and planning a party as well. Not sure which zone of the lot the permit is in hopefully it is near this party as well.

Members online

Latest posts