San Diego Game/tailgate, Post your Pictures Tell Your Stories

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Back in September when I first started pushing for a tailgate for the San Diego Game I was thinking of a loose group of So Cal Pack fans Taking over a section of the parking lot and creating Lambeau West. What happened exceeded my wildesest expectations. It was truly EPIC. And for a few wonderful hours we did indeed create Lambeau west. I can't say excactly how many people were there, 150, more. I was so busy I didn't get a beer until we were there for two hours. Sadly I only took one picture although I know I was in about 50. Then in my rush to get to the stadium I forgot my brand new camera which I bought specifically for the tailgate.

We had Pack fans from half the states, Canada and Mexico, It was wonderful meeting all of you, now I have faces to put to all of the forum names. I had help at the tailgate pulling off the buffet, My friends Jay and Diane and thier great kids Jason and Angela. They are not football fans and didn't even have tickets to the game but they came down to help. Diane made that awesome Jack Daniels Fudge. Those are true friends. I also want to say a special thanks to Robdog for organizing the meetup and the directions on how to get in and where to setup, and a real special thanks to A couple of people who really, really helped out and made things go smoothly during the gate and helped me load up after the game when I was exhausted and could hardly walk becuase my body was giving out on me.

Laruie Jansen from Wisconsin jumped right in and kept things going the whole time. She was so incredibly helpful I cannot say enough. Jodi and her husband AR CheesehEAD were there helping all along, James from Alaska was working the Grill, brought some fresh Salmon and Halabut and Moose meat which was really good and he gave me some to bring home. Can't wait to cook it up.

And of course my wonderful wife, Stephanie. She helped every step of the way. Makeing 250 jello shooters, she made 2 gigantic trays of her homemade coleslaw, helped me get all my shopping lists and organize everything. Without her I don't think I could have pulled it off.
OK everyone As I said I was so busy I had very litte time to socialize and take pictures so I need you to give me my photos of this tailgate. I met so many great people. Post your Photos here, but also send me your Photos especially of yourseleves at the tailgate with your names so I can put them in an album I will always have to remember about this very special and awsome Game.

I also want to thank you all for your generous donations. My friends and family thought I was nuts doing this. It cost a ton of money to put this on. I kept telling them that you were Packer Fans, and Packer Fans are special people. I knew you guys would come thru, and you did.

My Friend Jay, How is a really laid back guy and a baseball fan and always thought I was over the top with my fanaticisim for the Packers said to me "I always thought you were and Island, now I realize there are more of you".

When My beloved Rams devorced me in 93 and I had to find a new team to love I looked around at all the teams in the NFL. Green was my favorite color but what really made me a Cheesehead, were the Cheeseheads. I wanted to be part of the best of the best fans. I could see myself out in the parking lot of Lambeau in 10 degree weather drinking a beer and eating a brat. This tailgate once again showed we truly are the class of any team in any sport.

Thank You all for making my dream come true.

Mark
[email protected]

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was definitely an epic tailgate. I have been to 100's and this one was by far the largest and most fun tailgate I have ever been a part of. I was shocked by the turn out of people from start to finish. At least 2x-3x bigger than I imagined. Meeting everyone at the tailgate confirms that running sites like this is totally worth it.

Also, I can not stress enough the amount of work that RealCaliforniaCheese put out for this tailgate. I might of had some inside information to get this thing off the ground, but he was the life blood of the tailgate to make it awesome and a great experience for all.

Sorry about the live feed guys, we tried. Just couldn't get it to connect to the ustream servers! :(

Finally, since this was SUCH a success, I am going to try and make this a once a year event. We are leaning towards an actual game in Green Bay next year.

Thanks again to everyone for turning out, and post the pictures if you got em. I would of had a lot but I was to busy mingling with everyone, lol.

Shout out to Nacho and his wife, my Canadian friends, couple guys from Mexico City, GBG, and so many other people!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I sent a few emails to a couple of news outlets that were there...Was hoping they would do an interview but I guess not?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking about you guys all day!!! I'm glad you had such a good turnout and had so much fun! You pretty much usurped an away game. I look forward to hearing your stories and seeing the pics!!!!!! :D

BoltNut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tried to find you guys, but apparently missed you. I looked throughout F4 area and stopped by quite a few groups of Packer fans but must have been the wrong ones. It started to be a bit embarrassing for us since we were taking quite a bit of good ribbing walking around with all our Charger garb on, so we just went inside. I'm really sorry I couldn't catch up with you folks. I was more disappointed with the outcome of the game than anything, but that's just the way our season has been going thus far.

ozbuc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to thank Mark and his friends for all of their hard work. Oddest thing happened, The couple we were standing next to were from the same town I grew up in. Superior WI is a pretty small city so it was surprising to meet other folks from there.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Oh a Lambeau one sounds great!!!! Far enough in advance for everyone to try to make plans to be there!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
o.k...i keep checking the site as often as I did yesterday for the live feed!

i'm going to try to not look for another hour and see if some pictures get posted!!!:whistling:
I'm going to get some bills paid, and dinner going...and then check back!! lol

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Tailgate was Epic, It rains in San Diego about 10 days a year and it chose to rain on this day. Freekin Charger Voodo. But no matter.

We headed to the stadium from the tailgate. Halfway to the stadium I realized I had forgotten the brand new camera I had bought for the tailgate and the game, in its brand new Packer carrying case:poop: Oh well I will get to use it at the NFC Championship game at Lambeau in January and then at the Epic tailgate you homeboys in WI are going to be throwing next year at the 2nd annual Packerforum tailgate (the bar has been set very high).

So we get to our seats. Awesome seats, 45 yard line, 13 rows behind the Pack bench, perfect. I look to my left and right and all I see the length of the stadium is a sea of Green and Gold with a few specks of blue mixed in. Here is the only picture I got the whole day before my phone died.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The Pack enters the stadium to a thunderous roar and chants of GO PACK GO!!! the players look up at us and wave and acknowledge us. Would have made for some great pictures:poop:. Proceeded to watch a great game.

After the last touchdown that put the pack up by 3 scores we started chanting MVP.. MVP.. Aroge turned to us and pumped his fist a couple of times. Damn that would have been a great picture:poop:.

Then the best part of the game happened. We were all standing there glowing in our 21 point lead watching all the lightweight Charger fans leave when it happened. Touchdown, onside kick, Touchdown. There had been an ongoing battle all night between the Charger fans and the Packer fans with the Charger fans holding an edge. Now they being the lightweight fans they are, abandoned thier team and we took over the stadium.

Those last drives by Chargers must have felt like an away game to them. The stadium thundered with DEFENSE DEFENSE and GO PACK GO. I don't know how it came accross on the TV but it showed in the change of play of the D and the Chargers. That Interception in the final seconds was like when the Pack stopped the Saints at the goaline in the opener. The place went ballistic. What a day. An Epic tailgate and an Epic game, even the Voodo Charger rain couldn't put a damper on it.

Here is a nice little piece about the crowd.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...ers-San-Diego-Chargers-only-elite-team-110711

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some sights & sounds I took from this game.
These give you an indication of how Lambeau-like this place was yesterday!
It was awesome.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
o.k...i keep checking the site as often as I did yesterday for the live feed!

i'm going to try to not look for another hour and see if some pictures get posted!!!:whistling:
I'm going to get some bills paid, and dinner going...and then check back!! lol
Have paitence, everyone is tired, hungover, in hotels, at work. They will probably come trickleing in over the next week. I called in sick today so I could rest and unload and clean up.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Have paitence, everyone is tired, hungover, in hotels, at work. They will probably come trickleing in over the next week. I called in sick today so I could rest and unload and clean up.

Yes I realize that! I was only razzing! :p By the sounds of the epic tailgate party you should of probably took a week of vacation!

From the get go of this intended Forum tailgate, I knew it was going to be epic! Then it just grew and grew and now that
its finally come and gone,..of course we want to see just how epic it was!
I guess LT spoiled us with the rapid postings of his pictures!

So i'll wait! GBG gave us in the word game thread word that it was going to be at least Wednesday before she can
fill us in with stuff!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Frank, Loved the video clips, and shots of the fans...wow about every other fan was a Packer fan!!!

It was just as loud as I imagined! Maybe even louder,... if thats possible!:confused:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we get to our seats. Awesome seats, 45 yard line, 13 rows behind the Pack bench, perfect. I look to my left and right and all I see the length of the stadium is a sea of Green and Gold with a few specks of blue mixed in. Here is the only picture I got the whole day before my phone died.
And you just got the Packers flag in at the top right while obscuring the Vikings one.
Well done to whoever took it.

LApackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks to realcaliforniacheese/crew and robdog. Had a great time! here are some pics i took with my cell so not to great quality but u get the picture.

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My dad and I end got stuck in the wrong direction so we couldn't park in the F area so we were stuck around mostly charger fans.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Excellent pic's LApacker fan!!! I now see the major need for the flag!!!! So cool!:cool:

nurse_sa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was truly amazed at the large amount of Packer fans at Qualcomm. Left to right, front and back, there I saw Green & Yellow... and a few Charger blue. For my first ever Packer game, this experience definitely sits at the top of my list. A huge thank you to robdog for starting this event & Mark (realcaliforniacheese) for your immense hospitality. The food was delicious and the jello shots were great!
For those of you who came by and had some pulled bbq pork sandwiches, I hope you enjoyed them as well as the green & yellow vodka shots. Tee (packersfanfromcali) it was nice meeting you and Fabian! Thanks for hanging out with us!
Unfortunately, someone stole my Packer jacket and my cheesehead :mad: and despite how much fun I had yesterday, I'm still sad at the fact that they were taken from me. I had that cheesehead for 10 years and although it's not at the greatest condition, it was mine. I'm a heavy believer in karma, so i'll just leave it at that.
Just like Mark, I needed to recover and spent the whole day resting. :sleep: Once I upload the pics from my phone, I'll post them up asap. :x3:
8-0 baby!
Go Pack go!

Members online

Latest posts