1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Samari Rolle to Green Bay?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by uwbadger12000, Feb 26, 2005.

1. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
  2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm thinking we wont be able to bring any 'stud' FA's in until they have it confirmed Brett is coming back.

3. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I think he will.

4. Dustin

Dustin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Would be nice, but we can't even afford to sign our own FA's much less somebody elses.

5. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
  6. vixtalkn

vixtalkn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It was in the cards.

7. Cheezy

Cheezy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone please say whats in the site Slick mentioned cause i would have to join and i dont want to. :lol:

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Here ya go bro..

9. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    thanks slick,I could not read it either. :joy: I guess that he will be leaving soon.

10. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    He better. He isn't good anymore. Hopefully, then, we will bring in a veteran safety to help out (Sammy Knight).

11. Cheezy

Cheezy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Slick i just hope he takes that paycut. I mean if you want to show "loyalty" to your team i think you would take that pay cut unless you just want the money.

12. Dustin

Dustin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ideal situation would be to have Sharper take a pay cut and sign Knight. That, IMO, would be a stellar backfield. Same token, I don't think Sharper is washed up at all - I think the last system he was in was so *** backwards (in a lot of ways) and to not play the same type D that they prepared for the week before the game prohibited any lasting success.

13. IU_packfan

IU_packfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont believe Sharper is washed up, but he should take the paycut if it is not too much. We know that he loves Green Bay, why wouldnt he want to stay, take a pay cut, which would help to better the defense. Also, like all decisions now, it comes down to when Favre decides his future with the team

IU_packfan

14. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm not in their shoes nor will I ever. But it kind of bugs me to hear players are being approached rather than the players offering. I guess I probably wouldn't wanna give money away to someone else's greed, but to keep some players around that DESERVE the money MORE, I would hope I would.

15. slackerbacker

slackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree Sharper's play warrents a pay cut. Hopefully, he'll do what's needed to help the team and stay in GB. On the other hand, it looks as though GB will take a 5.2M cap hit to release him and only 3.4M more to keep him. Does it make sense to spend 5.2M on a guy and cut him? If I'm reading the article correctly, cut or released, GB will still take the 5.2M cap hit. It seems like to me they need to renegotiate the 3.4M over the next several years and keep him as long as he's physicaly able to perform.

16. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I'd prefer they start a new emphasis on players and how they should earn bonuses throughout the season.. Let Sharper lead the way on that protocol.. Let's see how he responds to a contract that states he would receive more monies at the end of the season pending his performance(s) and that means game in and game out... week after week... if he makes a great game saving play each & every game, then the bigger the bonus after game 16 - if bungles a play - in turn - he would then be forced to pay the Packers back for sluffing off like Randy Moss....

That - to me - makes more sense than anything we've seen in the last ten years with player's contracts. So far - all we've seen is once they get that big money - then we no longer see the player we once had... his attitude and effort all fall into the black hole of greed.. they might as well be signed up with the Oakland Raiders. The Packers, themselves, have plenty of examples.... Johnson, Freeman, etc....

I wonder if TT's got the gonads for writing that type of contract up...
    It would take an exceptional player to go ahead and sign it, too! Just the same....

17. Dustin

Dustin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Even if TT had the balls to write up that sort of contract, there is no way the players union would accept it - which opens up a whole new can of worms on a completely different subject.

While I am not arguing that sort of contract would be ideal, unfortunately I never see it happening... or at least not in the near future. I would absolutely love to see players get paid on a week to week basis, but that is neither here nor there at this point in time.

18. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Can you imagine -- being forced to take a vacation day - cause he ran out of sick days....

Ha - think of it... in the NFL... Ya hey!

19. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I think Knight wouldn't be too expensive. If we cut Sharper, we'll definitely need a veteran safety.

20. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Regardless of him being cut or not we need a leader back there. Be a rookie or a vet, we need a leader.

21. Rhino58

Rhino58 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I agree. We do need a leader. Even if he accepted the pay cut, he probably won't give it his best out on the field.

22. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Most likely - since Sharper has offically been asked to accept a pay cut, by at least half now... Bates is probably starting to think about a whole new secondary to work with - get the old time team outta the way - start with fresh meat - mold 'em the Jim Bates way... last thing we need all over again this year is the grumbling ways of players who want the whole team to feel they're being cheated somehow....

Sharper can walk as far as I'm concerned - he never truly tried to be a leader in the Locker room - we'd have heard about it by now.... the Press is very quick about such things!

23. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Damn, now Pat Kirwan of Sirius satelite radio is saying Rolle will sign w/ the Skins. Where the hell do they get all the $?

24. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Sharper SAYS the right things, he just can't do them on the field.

25. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Can't wait until all the Packers' cuts, like Sharper, Roman, probably Hunt.