Sam Shields wants to play again

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's understandable for everyone to be concerned about Shields' health, but to say that he shouldn't get the opportunity to play if he's healthy and productive is insane. No one knows his health risks better than he does. He's the one throwing himself on the line. I'm obviously concerned that he will get severely hurt, but this is his life and he has the right to make the decision to play if he wants to play.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's understandable for everyone to be concerned about Shields' health, but to say that he shouldn't get the opportunity to play if he's healthy and productive is insane. No one knows his health risks better than he does. He's the one throwing himself on the line. I'm obviously concerned that he will get severely hurt, but this is his life and he has the right to make the decision to play if he wants to play.

In my opinion it's insane to attempt a comeback after having concussion like symptoms for more than a year after a hit most players absorb just fine. You'te right that it's his decision though.

D

Deleted member 6794

People do some drastic things when you git bills due and family to take care of. Even things that jeopardize health.

Shields has earned more than $33 million during his career. While it's possible that suffering multiple concussions has led him to make some stupid decisions he shouldn't be in need of money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the 30+ million haven't kept him afloat, a chance at 700k isn't going to last long enough to matter. Having your brain concussed again could stick with him a while though.

Members online

Latest posts