1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sam Kinison

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Forget Favre, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    I could never appreciate this guy when he was still alive because all I knew about him was that he screamed. And who the heck wants to hear that?
    But thanx to the magic of You Tube, I got to listen to what I had missed all those years ago. And what I hear through and between the screaming is one very funny comedian.
    Here's my (so far) two favorite bits.

So true and you know he's right:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN7ehccspao]YouTube - Sam Kinnison on World Hunger[/ame]

The funny one for me starts at 2:25:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOvycD_e28k&feature=related]YouTube - SAM KINISON BREAKING THE RULES (5 OF 5)[/ame]

RIP Sam
    Thanx for the laughs.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    Sam Kinison does the Wild Thing

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By_SJfLa73w&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=MLGxdCwVVULXctR2gwYG3nYk6EbEO8AcKU]YouTube - Sam Kinison - Wild Thing[/ame]

His cameo in Back to School (Which was filmed on the UW Madison campus BTW)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfi4s8cjLFI&feature=related]YouTube - SAM KINISON IN BACK TO SCHOOL[/ame]

• Like Like x 1
  3. PackersPete

PackersPete Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +27
    Forget Favre? Will you have my man babies? :kiss:

Seriously though. I used to LOVE Kinison and wanted to punch someone when I found out he died on the I-15 outside of Vegas by some drunk punk who didn't care he just killed one of mankind's funniest human beings. I still to this day can just imagine what Sam would've said about the 00's....

4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    Sam was doing his thing at the right and perfect time.
    If he would attempt to start and do his jokes in today's sissified PC climate, I don't think he would have lasted too long or been as big.
    Thankfully he was just at the cusp of it when he started.
    I'm sure that he would have carried his fans and made new fans while still making those jokes.

5. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    Kinison was a talented and funny man whom left his faith in Christ to become a (non-Christian) comedian. Before he became a comedian he was a Pentecostal preacher. The plates on his Corvette read EX REV.

• Like Like x 2
  6. PackersPete

PackersPete Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +27
    With all due respect your opinion, I'm not so sure about that. Carlin was just as funny as Kinison and he was still just as popular and relevant up to the end. I understand they were worlds apart in showmanship but that's beside my point. Both comedians made one think. They knew they could get people to think through humor. I myself have studied this kind of humility and many people have told me that I should stand up.

The only problem with that is, I can't tell the same jokes night after night. I'm Johnny-On-The-Spot funny. HUGE difference.

I think this ever increasingly Liberal wasteland of over-the-top PC bullshit YEARNS...no, no....BEGS to be offended by our own human traits and foibles.

7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    I am fine with you disagreeing with my opinion. We are having a discussion and that's cool with me.
    My point is that Sam started at the right time.
    Do you really think he could be as popular now if he started now?
    Think about the movie "Airplane!"
    No way in hell, I think, they could get away with 1/2 the jokes they use in that now.
    (I could be wrong, and I hope so.)

Me and my GF/Partner went to a comedy club for the 1st time not too long ago. And I was quite surprised that some things were not PC. So it's good that it's still out there even though it is unpopular in a large scale.
    I consider myself a liberal. However me and my GF/Partner are quite un-PC when we are with each other.
    So it's refreshing to hear some things not being so sensitive to what is said either in the present or the past.
    (Maybe later either in this post or I'll start another with my thoughts on being PC and how it's bogus.)

Would you mind giving us a sample of your jokes/humorous thoughts that you might use in a stand up act, Pete?

8. PackersPete

PackersPete Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +27
    That's the thing Forget Favre, I'm Johnny-On-The-Spot. The reason I'm so funny is because I flat out don't give a **** how anyone is offended by what I say. I say what's on my mind. Therefore, I'm bound to release a nugget of pure gold comedy. Are you on Facebook? If you are, I'll send you a PM with my info. You can decide for yourself if I'm funny or not. I got a C-note you'll be laughing at the **** I post within days. Right now, my profile pic is a quote I stole from someone who didn't mind anyone stealing it. It's the first time in the year I've been on Facebook that any of my pics have gotten 20+ likes. It says,

"If Anything I Post Offends You, Please Bring It To My Attention So I Can Delete You Off My Friends List" :biggrin: