Sam Beal

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we just got upgraded at the CB position by why not go for broke? You never know what his senior season, combine, or pro day might've revealed, but being as we have 2 1st Rounders I think a 3rd or 4th would be fair. We could jettison Rollins & Co and literally set the secondary for the next decade.

Thoughts?

D

Deleted member 6794

I know we just got upgraded at the CB position by why not go for broke? You never know what his senior season, combine, or pro day might've revealed, but being as we have 2 1st Rounders I think a 3rd or 4th would be fair. We could jettison Rollins & Co and literally set the secondary for the next decade.

Thoughts?

First of all the NCAA has to allow Beal to enter the supplemental draft. I don't know much about him but it doesn't seem he was dominant in the MAC justifying to spend a draft pick on him.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are 3 CBs available in the supplemental draft. Adonis Alexander may be the best. Brandon Bryant is an unbelievable athlete with real 4.24 speed. At 200 lbs he can deadlift 600 lbs. I think Beale maybe the last one taken, but they are all worth a pick. I believe, though a 5th is as high as we go. They all have character risks but each has significant upside.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was high on Alexander early, but then I dropped him...trying to remember why. I heard of Bryant, and even mocked him to us in like the 5th-6th. Didn't realize he wasn't eligible.

D

Deleted member 6794

There are 3 CBs available in the supplemental draft. Adonis Alexander may be the best. Brandon Bryant is an unbelievable athlete with real 4.24 speed. At 200 lbs he can deadlift 600 lbs. I think Beale maybe the last one taken, but they are all worth a pick. I believe, though a 5th is as high as we go. They all have character risks but each has significant upside.

I'm not convinced three players will be selected in the supplemental draft as that hasn't happened since 1989.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not convinced three players will be selected in the supplemental draft as that hasn't happened since 1989.
Probably not. But there are 3 who are worthy, talent wise, to be picked. They each have their concerns and may not be picked.

D

Deleted member 6794

Probably not. But there are 3 who are worthy, talent wise, to be picked. They each have their concerns and may not be picked.

I would definitely be surprised if the Packers add another cornerback via the supplemental draft.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Beal and Alexander definitely will.

I think most likely 3-4th round. Not sure a 5th will do it, but maybe.

Beal is a Day 1/Day 2 CB imo.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts