1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sam Beal

Discussion in 'Draft Talk' started by Favre>Rodgers259, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +87
    I know we just got upgraded at the CB position by why not go for broke? You never know what his senior season, combine, or pro day might've revealed, but being as we have 2 1st Rounders I think a 3rd or 4th would be fair. We could jettison Rollins & Co and literally set the secondary for the next decade.

Thoughts?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10,283
    First of all the NCAA has to allow Beal to enter the supplemental draft. I don't know much about him but it doesn't seem he was dominant in the MAC justifying to spend a draft pick on him.

3. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,528
    There are 3 CBs available in the supplemental draft. Adonis Alexander may be the best. Brandon Bryant is an unbelievable athlete with real 4.24 speed. At 200 lbs he can deadlift 600 lbs. I think Beale maybe the last one taken, but they are all worth a pick. I believe, though a 5th is as high as we go. They all have character risks but each has significant upside.

4. Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +87
    I was high on Alexander early, but then I dropped him...trying to remember why. I heard of Bryant, and even mocked him to us in like the 5th-6th. Didn't realize he wasn't eligible.

5. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10,283
    I'm not convinced three players will be selected in the supplemental draft as that hasn't happened since 1989.

6. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,528
    Probably not. But there are 3 who are worthy, talent wise, to be picked. They each have their concerns and may not be picked.

7. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10,283
    I would definitely be surprised if the Packers add another cornerback via the supplemental draft.

8. JanisJubilee

JanisJubilee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +892
    Beal and Alexander definitely will.

I think most likely 3-4th round. Not sure a 5th will do it, but maybe.

Beal is a Day 1/Day 2 CB imo.

9. Lawdog

Lawdog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    Packers were at his pro day on Thursday. Stay tuned.

• Informative Informative x 2