Sam Barrington

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of players dominate at the college level because the competition isn't nearly as talented in the NFL. Hawk has been a decent player for most of his career but never lived up to being the fifth overall pick. This season his play dropped off considerably, especially proved by Kyle Rudolph easily running away from him while being nearly 30 pounds heavier and just getting back from sports hernia surgery.

While it's time to move on from Hawk I haven't heard McCarthy say a single negative word about him. Do you have a link to the story where MM threw AJ under the bus as you claimed???

He's not claiming MM threw him under the bus. He's saying MM would not do that.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All we are saying is give Barrington a chance.

We have seen enough of Hawk (and Brad Jones for that matter) to know he is not the answer.

And as he is over 30 now, whatever physical abilities AJ once had are gone and will never return. He will just keep getting slower and he is now so much smaller he can't even make a hit in the running game.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL is called by many Not For Long for good reason. For the most part this is a young man's game and Sammy is just that. I think those that say we know what we have in AJ hit it right on the head. No one in their right mind can honestly say that AJ is as good as he used to be and not lost a step. We DO know what we have in AJ and I am glad that it finally appears Dom has decided to see what some other guys can do. As I mentioned in a previous post while Sam B. made some mistakes last game he did lay the wood on a few occasions and overall played pretty damn well. He should only get better with time and I think there are enough games left in the regular season that he should be be hitting his stride come PO time. I applaud the move and hope it sticks. I mean no disrespect to 50 but if Sam can upgrade that position why on earth would we not make it permanent?

Members online

Latest posts