Salsbury

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy sean salsbury is saying if bill bellichick wins another championship his name should go on the Lombardi trophy.I definetly dont wanna share that with anybody. Could this actually happen or is Salsbury just a *******.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, salsbury says a lot of things, most of them idiotic.

he's just tossin out an idea that nobody will listen to.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
lol, salsbury says a lot of things, most of them idiotic.

he's just tossin out an idea that nobody will listen to.

Yet no one listened and it was posted here as someone heard it? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i meant nobody who has any say-so regarding...the lombardi tr...I hope you were joking, nobodys that dumb.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If your worried about it actually happening the answer is NO. Lombardi will always be on the Trophy and he completely deserves it. Salisbury likes Belichick a lot but 4 Super Bowls is an achievement that has been done before. Bill Walsh and Chuck Noll have done it. Perhaps we should name the trophy after them. Also he needs to keep in mind New England has a lot of great people who work ahead of Belichick and know what their doing as well. He is indeed a great coach and they coached in different eras but the Vince Lombardi Trophy will be forever and I'm sure in time Belichick will have some award named after him it just won't be the Super Bowl Trophy. There has been a dynasty in every decade. Pack In the 60’s. Steelers in the 70’s. 49ers of the 80’s. Cowboys of the 90’s and Patriots of the 00’s. I’m sure 10 years from now there will be another one and he will be praised just as much.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Salisbury was joking, but yeah, he's not the best commentator.

You would have Belichick props if he out another SB win with this team. Every year it seems like they don't have enough to win but he makes it happen.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats a great idea :rotflmao: HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE! Not just standin up for the Pack, but its tradition.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they should. Always rename it for the guy with the most SB wins. Kick Lombardi back to where Halas is and just make the Halas trophy the MVP trophy. Works for me.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw that too. It sounded more like a joke than anything else. But what Bill has done is amazing in the free agency era we live in. But it's also amazing what the Packers did in basically the same era of not having a losing season for 14 some odd years.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan1245 said:
Could this actually happen or am I a ******* for listening to him?

When you get older you will learn not to listen to anything on ESPN.

No kidding Cali. People are much better off listining to places LOCAL stations when they want news about their team. Not some crazies out there that think they know what the heck there talking about.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Salsbury has never had any love for the Packers but I think he was just wanting to make headlines. The trophy was not named Lombardi just because of his wins, but because of his ability to inspire his teams, to get his men to exceed what they thought were their limits. He inspired all players who knew him, not just the ones who liked him. He became the face of the NFL. The name of the trophy will never be changed.

Members online