1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Salsbury."Packers will crash and burn"

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Buckeyepackfan, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know why we are even going to Detroit. According to all the experts Joey Hetherton and friends are going to dominate and have no problem confusing Brett and beating up on The Pack.

Sean Salsbury just made The Packers his choice as this weeks team to "Crash and Burn".

Thank goodness Sean and most of the talking heads like him don't have a clue. They just read what comes up on the teleprompter.

After The Packers beat up on Detroit later today, I wonder how many of these clowns will go on air and admit they were wrong.

It's OPENING DAY, 7 hours and 45 minutes to kick-off. Time to start getting ready.

To all The Packer Fans.......Have a great day, Brett and company will be ready, let's all enjoy with freinds and family.

The most important thing...it's only a game. we have been blessed as Packer Fans, the best fans anywhere, for the next 17 + weeks I for one and going to stay behind this team 100% through the good and bad, then come January 2nd let's see where we are and what is next.

! ! ! ! G O P A C K E R S ! ! ! !
    :beersign: :beersign: :beersign: :beersign: :beersign: :beersign:

2. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    Sean still hates the Packers from his miserable time with the Vikings. After Sterling Sharpe left, he became the person I least like at ESPN.

3. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Never listen to the pundits. Also, ESPN said that the Packers have one of the worst uniforms. Again, dont listen to that.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i'll always hate chris berman. But yeah, sean is probably trying to look 'objective' this time, since hes always on favres jock.

5. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Just boycott ESPN. :puke:

6. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I thought it was Berman that always had a thing for Favre. Maybe I am wrong.

7. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I also think of it this way:

Those who can no longer play, Coach.
    Those who are not good enough to coach, Referee.
    Those who are not good enoug to referee, join ESPN and talk crap about the Pack :p

8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Berman loves Brett as does Sean.

9. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    BuckeyePackfan said,

"The most important thing...it's only a game. we have been blessed as Packer Fans, the best fans anywhere, for the next 17 + weeks I for one and going to stay behind this team 100% through the good and bad, then come January 2nd let's see where we are and what is next."

You see..this is the kind of thing that drives me crazy.....the thinking behind this....

This is why the Pack can be stuck with mediocre coaches like Sherman and Rosseley because they basically have no accountability....

The fans will accept them no matter what they do...such as squander 5 years of Brett Favre hof career and bring the Pack down a few pegs to a level of mediocrity and then claim that they are "rebuilding"....

Yeah...well if that happens..it's time to start from the top down...and to rid GB of this horrible coaching staff--give the fans a break...

10. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like Salisbury was right. The Packers were horrible today. Heck, I'm not afraid to say they downright sucked.

Dude, I totally agree. I was thinking this at the end of the 2003 season I think.

So many years since 1996 of Brett Favre's career have been squandered. But so were many of Marino's. Such is life in the NFL I guess.

11. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I believe they will bounce back next week. Its only the first week of the season.

12. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope so...it's the Browns! :lol:

13. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    they should bounce back and they will.

14. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Man...

I hope they bounce back too...cos' if they don't...they are in for a world of trouble...

"Lambeau Field is no longer an advantage for the Green Bay Packers.."
    Sean Salisbury

15. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    This hatred towards ESPN just because they say something bad about the Packers is a little ridiculous...

The Packers were expected to rely on their offense this year, and lets be honest, it stunk today. Sean S. looks at today's results about as in depth as we do when we look at the Miami-Denver game (for example) and draw conclusions from that. Denver gets their shorts blown off, so it raises a flag, same w/ the Packers. Don't take things so personally.

16. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    no, they BETTER BOUNCE BACK OR ELSE

they scored THREE POINTS IN DETROIT...even when we used to blow it in the silverdome we scored seventeen points, at least ONE TOUCHDOWN...this team should be ashamed of itself...one field goal...i didnt even get the game here but i know this team laid one gigantic egg against a team i thought we could handle

...all the negative thoughts i had about this team...i countered them out using optimism...and surely enough the negative thoughts were backed up by the piss poor offensive output today...who's worried that we'll be bad cause javon walker is out, WE SUCKED WITH JAVON WALKER IN THE GAME TOO...if anyone on this board is upbeat after "shooting a three" against detroit, wow...i came into this year cautiously optimistic, our defense did one heck of a job of keeping us in the game that the offense never gave us a shot at...maybe i should wait until i see this team play a game until i criticize to the max, too bad they may be in dire straits by the time we play monday night in october and i actually get to witness this tragedy

17. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, a lot of these "experts" have been picking the Cardinals to make the playoffs this year, and they looked worse today than the Packers did. So I wouldn't put too much stock in what the "experts" say.