Salisbury: Quit the Rodgers/Favre comparison

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree ,, this favre and Rodgers thing is going to drive me nutts ... i was watching the nfl channel and it was right there .... they had bolth qbs stats side by side ,,, why ???? Rodgers is the man in title town ... im not upset at Brett ,, but he is no longer our qb ... so why must we drag this whole thing on ??? im sure the fans that wanna follow bretts stats will ... i see the preasure put on Rodgers now ... not olny must he take the helm after one of the greatest qbs ever ... but now week to week the media will compair the stats of bolth qbs to see who out played the other ... now thats preasure ... and you know Rodgers is watching this crap ,, how could you not ??

dhazer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its all part of being a Pro Qb if he can't handle that then he better just quit now, Whats going to happen on the road this year or from even other people on here when he starts to bomb and they turn on him like so many of you have on Brett. I am not a bandwagon fan thus i will not praise Rodgers for every little thing he does specially when its his job t do it. When he proves it to me for more then a few games or even a year seeing there is alot of one hit wonders out there, then i might to start to cheer for him.

I admit he looked good Monday night but damn where did the Vikes defense go.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhazer said:
Its all part of being a Pro Qb if he can't handle that then he better just quit now

Uh, what are you talking about?

dhazer said:
I admit he looked good Monday night but damn where did the Vikes defense go.

It was there, it just got disected by a young and talented quarterback.

dhazer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike bat said:
i agree ,, this favre and Rodgers thing is going to drive me nutts ... i was watching the nfl channel and it was right there .... they had bolth qbs stats side by side ,,, why ???? Rodgers is the man in title town ... im not upset at Brett ,, but he is no longer our qb ... so why must we drag this whole thing on ??? im sure the fans that wanna follow bretts stats will ... i see the preasure put on Rodgers now ... not olny must he take the helm after one of the greatest qbs ever ... but now week to week the media will compair the stats of bolth qbs to see who out played the other ... now thats preasure ... and you know Rodgers is watching this crap ,, how could you not ??

Thats the part i was referring to about its part of being a pro qb you will always be compared to someone.

I would say Rodgers dissected the Vikes defense but with all the penalties called on both sides i don't think it was that great of a game. It was a good win for the Pack but i did notice the fear of Rodgers messing up by MM at the end of the first half. You have to admit if #4 was there we would have ran 1 or 2 more plays before half. But thats the past TT dealt us a hand we have no control over so i guess cheer on the Packers as a team and not any individuals (except for DD) before he is run out of town. :p

OP
OP
T

TheFrozenTundra1984

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All he can do is go out and continue to keep playing well. I don't think the comparisons will ever go away...how could they, Favre will always be a legend to the Pack...but with success, he Rodgers will get his turn in the spotlight and start getting the praise he deserves.

Crweems11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am SICK of hearing: "that looked like somthing Brett Favre would do", Just leave the kid alone! He's not Brett Favre, Favre is gone so let Rodger play his game and not have to worry about if he looks like Favre or not!

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree ,, let the kid play .. but i dont want to suger coat this ,, we all knew it was coming ... i just hope Rodgers doest take it the wrong way .... im sure he understands ...

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt Rodgers gives a rat's tail that some talking head on the NFL Network is comparing him to Favre. I think its many of us fans who are weary of this continual comparison. But I fear as long as Brett is still playing we'll be hearing this crap weekly. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts