1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Salary nightmares leading to Lockout next season?!

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by G0PackG0, Aug 2, 2010.

1. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    The NFLPA is a nightmare. Just like any other union I guess. How Sam Bradford was a 1st roound pick I still have no idea. But his contract is absurd. 60-70 million? Now how much do you suppose a GOOD and PROVEN Tom Brady or Payton Manning is going to command? NFL teams are businesses. And the owners want to and should be making money. Rookie salary caps are a big problem for the union. But the owners deserve them. A short 2 year limited money contract would weed out the JaMarcus' of the word and help the low draftee that has shined with a new contract rather than holding out on his longterm low $ deal. Makes to much sense for any union to understand.

2. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    I was hoping I was wrong lol... damn...

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,131
    short 2 yr contracts would also weed out future HOFers

4. y5nthon5a

y5nthon5a Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    How so, ivo610?

I would let the years be on the teams decision. But $wise, each round should have a limit to how much they get with very heavy incentive-laden contracts instead of straight up money.

5. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,056
    Hard to choose sides in billionaire owners vs millionaire players. All I know is the price of tickets will soon drive me away from the game.

6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    This.

Sorry, but I really don't care how this pans out. As long as there is football, and it doesn't hurt my Packers, I couldn't care less.

Thing is, both sides are wrong. And the fan pays for it, in the end.

7. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Yeah, its really sad to see all this crap. The sooner both sides realize they are two parts of three, and that they need each other, the better. No football without players, no job without owners, neither without fans.