Salary nightmares leading to Lockout next season?!

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFLPA is a nightmare. Just like any other union I guess. How Sam Bradford was a 1st roound pick I still have no idea. But his contract is absurd. 60-70 million? Now how much do you suppose a GOOD and PROVEN Tom Brady or Payton Manning is going to command? NFL teams are businesses. And the owners want to and should be making money. Rookie salary caps are a big problem for the union. But the owners deserve them. A short 2 year limited money contract would weed out the JaMarcus' of the word and help the low draftee that has shined with a new contract rather than holding out on his longterm low $ deal. Makes to much sense for any union to understand.

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How so, ivo610?

I would let the years be on the teams decision. But $wise, each round should have a limit to how much they get with very heavy incentive-laden contracts instead of straight up money.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to choose sides in billionaire owners vs millionaire players. All I know is the price of tickets will soon drive me away from the game.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to choose sides in billionaire owners vs millionaire players. All I know is the price of tickets will soon drive me away from the game.
This.

Sorry, but I really don't care how this pans out. As long as there is football, and it doesn't hurt my Packers, I couldn't care less.

Thing is, both sides are wrong. And the fan pays for it, in the end.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, its really sad to see all this crap. The sooner both sides realize they are two parts of three, and that they need each other, the better. No football without players, no job without owners, neither without fans.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts