Salary cap may cost Packers

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hoping they'd find a way to keep everything in tact....

Might not be possible
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I sure hope they change their minds - this would be a HUGE mistake!
Everyone should write to Ted Thompson right away on this one....

I mean that!

Madfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sharper is key to the salary cap situation. The savings to Sharper' s contract through restructuring or cutting is enough to cover Wahle's new contract for the first year.

The issue is priorities. Who is on the top of the list, who is on the bottom. Wahle is on the top of my list. Rivera and Franks are down a notch or two.

I don't know what FA safties are available. but Sharper did not play much better than Jue. Jue costs substantially less than Sharper.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't know what FA safties are available
I just picked up Seahorn in my Madden 2005 and he has been grabbing some mad picks for me the last couple games :) lol

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want the Packers to keep Wahle more than any other possible salary cap casualty too. Rivera might be slightly better, but he is older. The Packers have some some tough decisions to make. I hope it is possible to dump Hunt and not get hurt too much on the salary cap and get Darren Sharper to take a cut in pay. He is not playing like an All Pro anymore.

The Packers offensive line might be able to afford some minor adjustments, but I hate to give up on top quality that gives you their best effort game after game. Both Wahle and Rivera have played very well for the Packers. They would be missed.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack is in salary cap hell with Sharper, Hunt and KGB. None of them are worth what they make but unless they agree to restructuring we're screwed.
I would like to keep both Wahl and Rivera but if I had to choose only one I would keep Wahl.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
The Pack is in salary cap hell with Sharper, Hunt and KGB. None of them are worth what they make but unless they agree to restructuring we're screwed.
I would like to keep both Wahl and Rivera but if I had to choose only one I would keep Wahl.

Not only that, but I think we still have some dead cap space with Joe Johnson and Jamal Reynolds still on the books for this season.

okrednk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am new here and first would like to say hello to all. I read on another forum that the Pack might be willing to resign whale and then trade him to cleveland for a 2nd and a 5th. This is definitely something I would take in a heartbeat. Wahle is good, but he is not that good, that we must break the bank. Keep in mind, we still have an up and coming stud in Morley, Curtain is not that bad either. I really think the OL is pretty set for this next year without Wahle, now if they don't resign Rivera, then they should at least to attempt to pick up another vet in FA, maybe Andruzzi might like to come back.

jwalk84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i say let sharper go and grab a guy like dwight smith he has better numbers than him has a ring was one of the mvps on that superbowl defense.another guy we might grab is andre dyson he wouldnt be bad at all.as for the draft just grab either pollack or tuck because theres not one good dominant safety there are just a lot of good ones.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
I agree that our line is strong enough to lose either Wahle or Rivera, but not both. In my mind I'd like to keep Wahle b/c he is 5 years younger and will likely come a tad bit cheapeer. When talking about replacements for one of the two, don't overlook Scott Wells either. Everyone seems to be set on releasing Sharper though. I don't understand it. I know he hasn't played to his potential, but he is the only playmaker we have on that side of the ball. Let's hope Jim Bates can work his magic.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think our line will be fine with losing either of them or even both. I think Wells is gonna be good, Rug can play guard and we have Flanny back. I think it would be more efficient to spend money on a stud defense player rather than trying to keep our OL gold.

Staff online

Members online